Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L'Assenzio
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Marc
I know we have a few Italians here, could one of them please translate?

IPB Image

BELLEZZA E' ANCHE RISCOPERTA DEL PIACERE E DEL GUSTO DI SAPORI PERDUTI

QUALCOSA DI VERAMENTE SPECIALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da una ricetta del 800,

il più affascinante, discusso, leggendario e maledetto dei liquori

l' ASSENZIO

Infuso di “Artemisia Absinthium”, semi di finocchio selvatico, anice verde e spezie, ottenuto dalla macerazione in alcool di grano biologico 96° certificato.

Liquore ad alta gradazione 45° è prodotto con ingredienti naturali di primissima qualità e senza aggiunta di COLORANTI e CONSERVANTI; il colore è dato esclusivamente dalla macerazione delle piante officinali e dalle spezie.

Aperitivo-digestivo amaro aromatico da bere nei metodi classici con zolletta di zucchero e allungato con acqua fredda oppure puro con 2 cubetti di ghiaccio.

L' ASSENZIO ELIXIR è prodotto e imbottigliato in Italia da:

EKXO s.a.s. di Ruben Cittadini & C
Presso lo stabilimento di Loreto (AN)
Loc. villa musone Via Brecce 58
Lic UTF: ANX00230F
Conte d'Ugenta
You called for me my friend?

Here goes:

BEAUTY IS ALSO A DISCOVERY OF PLEASURE AND TASTE OF LOST FLAVOURS

SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL!!!

The most fascinating, controverted, legendary and cursed of spirits

THE ABSINTHE

Infusion of wormwood, fennel seeds, green anise and spices, obtained from maceration in grain alcohol at 96° certified.

High degree spirit with 45°, it's produced with natural ingredients of first hand quality and without colorants and preservatives; the color come only from maceration of plants and spices.

It's a bitter and aromatic aperitif and can be drunk in the classic ways with sugar cube and water, or pure with two ice cubes.

And bottled by bla, bla, bla…

Seems I don't have to worry about this as a competitor for my new born…
Patlow
I just had nightmare of suits ordering absinthe on the rocks in hotel lobbies…
Marc
Merci mon ami !

QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Mar 13 2008, 11:35 AM) *

Surely you don't have to worry, having tasted some of your embryos abs-cheers.gif

Any more info on your new born?
louched liver
He cut the head(s)
off?
Donnie Darko
Here's my translation:
Remove "enzio" from the name of the product, and that will tell you all you need to know.

Provenance
It tastes like a donkey burger?
The Standard Deviant
But the spirit is certified organic; it can't be bad!
Conte d'Ugenta
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Mar 13 2008, 04:03 AM) *

Merci mon ami !

QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Mar 13 2008, 11:35 AM) *

Surely you don't have to worry, having tasted some of your embryos abs-cheers.gif

Any more info on your new born?

Actually there are some news: the final prototype is bottled and labelled and it's on sale here in Italy. My intention was to sell half of the batch (60 bottles) abroad through LdF, but shipping and burocracy costs were too fucking high for those few bottles, so I was forced to abandon the idea…
The regular "L'Italienne" will be distilled very soon (bottled in different bottles and with different label and cork) and will be available in late summer or early autumn (I know it's not what is considered a good ageing, but my recipe seems to show a different ageing path), worldwide on LdF.
I'm gonna open a proper topic with more detailed infos soon (I wanted to wait until bottles was ready to be sold, but fuck it, I'm not exactly a patient man!).

Stay tuned!

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Mar 13 2008, 07:01 AM) *

Here's my translation:
Remove "enzio" from the name of the product, and that will tell you all you need to know.

I've always admired the way you americans sum up a whole in a word!

QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Mar 13 2008, 07:53 AM) *

But the spirit is certified organic; it can't be bad!

And don't forget the maceration in 96° alcohol, it mustn't be bad!
Steve
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Mar 13 2008, 10:57 AM) *
The regular "L'Italienne" will be distilled very soon … and will be available in late summer or early autumn … worldwide on LdF.

I'm looking forward to that! I still have a tiny bit left of the early prototype you gave me last year. I love the very floral fragrance.
Donnie Darko
The Italians are damned good at making every other drinkable and edible thing, so it's nice to hear there might finally be a good Absinthe from Italy soon.
louched liver
Congrats,
C d'U.
Marc
He has worked hard on it.

If you've got a bottle left, I'll take it.
Provenance
QUOTE(Conte d'Ugenta @ Mar 13 2008, 09:57 AM) *
The regular "L'Italienne" will be distilled very soon…and will be available in late summer or early autumn…worldwide on LdF.

By which time it will cost about $300/bottle thanks to the diving dollar.

I wonder if Oxy has put up his Bernanke dartboard yet.
Steve
The dollar situation sucks. The way I'm dealing with it is, the last week I started investing a small amount in several ETF's (exchange-traded funds) betting against the dollar. At least as the dollar declines further I can try to console myself by knowing those investments are going up.
Provenance
Sensible.
Marc
Realist.
Nephrite
QUOTE(Spoon @ Mar 13 2008, 09:30 PM) *

The dollar situation sucks.

Maybe that is why Hausgemacht is thriving.
hartsmar
6.06 Swedish Krona per dollar... That makes for really cheap stuff!
The lowest in 15 years! Hmm... Time to go car-shopping I think.
OCvertDe
I really only notice the declining dollar when using it abroad- like ordering from LdF. Here in the states, most things haven't changed much. I've yet to have to bring a wheelbarrow of money to get a loaf of bread, or a shoebox for that matter. Actually, most stuff hasn't gone up in price for years and many things have gone down.

Where this is not the case is anything related to fuel… which is most everything if you look far enough, but for the most part it's just petroleum products. Gas has doubled in price in five years, but nobody is blaming the dollar for not buying as much as it used to- they're blaming oil companies for price gouging. Home improvement labor costs have gone up, because it costs so much more to drive to the job; not to mention that everyone is paying out their asses to heat their homes. My electric comes from CL&P, which to my knowledge is the most expensive in the nation by a huge margin. Even they blame the cost of a barrel of oil for it.
Last month my electric bill for my meager 900sq' residence was over $300, $99 of which was a "delivery charge". I realize when they drive my electric out to the house and fill me up it costs them more than it did last year, but just once I'd like to see the electric truck backing up to my meter to juice me. Wouldn't it be great if they could just pipe my electric to me using the same network that brings me my telephone and cable internet?

Sarcasm aside, where I'm going with this load of bullshit is this: is the skyrocketing prices for a barrel of crude really price gouging by oil tycoons, or is that just a scapegoat in an evil conspiracy by the government to cover up the crashing of the dollar to Americans? All I know is that it's interfering with my absinthe purchasing power, and that makes me a sad panda.
Absinthesizer
offtopic2.gif
I can't entirely agree with the statement that most things haven't gone up in price. My wife and I have tracked all our expenses since 1998. We cook a lot and we haven't had to "substitute" (which is how the gummint systematically understates food price inflation). Without this statistical sleight-of-hand, it's obvious that food prices have soared in recent years. Our annual grocery bill was under $3k from 1998-2001, topped $3k in 2002, and topped $4k in 2007 - and by a healthy margin, up by nearly $700 from 2006, and nearly double what it was 10 years ago. That's an annual inflation rate of roughly 7.5 percent.

But of course, food is made out of energy, so in that sense I agree completely with your post.
OCvertDe
No, food prices are a good example as well, being tied to fuel. Grocery stores are stocked by trailer trucks, which burn diesel, which is over $4 a gallon now. Like everything dependent upon oil to get to market, the price of product has gone up to protect profit margins.
Ask your carpenter why he's charging you so much more to remodel your bathroom this year than it did to do the other one a few years ago, and he'll very likely say it's because it costs him twice as much to drive his work truck to your house. Ask a roofer why his prices have doubled, and he'll probably tell you how asphalt (read: oil product) shingles cost $35 a square a few years ago and now they cost $70 for the same thing, not to mention that his truck isn't getting any better mileage than it did a few years ago either. He's also paying three times as much to heat his home, because oil prices have gone up so high, and suddenly his cheap, efficient heating system is costing him most of his income much like the rest of us.

I say, fuck the hippies and drill in Alaska. Or Michigan, or anywhere to bring the barrel price back within reason and then watch the prices of just about everything we pay for drop. Unless my theory is correct, and the record profits posted by big oil are just a cover up for the crashing dollar that won't be worth the paper it's printed on in a couple years.
Marc
Too many words.
OCvertDe
Sorry.
Nephrite
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Mar 15 2008, 11:58 AM) *

All I know is that it's interfering with my absinthe purchasing power, and that makes me a sad panda.

Start an online home based business. A tank of gas lasts me about 5-6 weeks.
OCvertDe
Got suggestions? I'm game… and fresh out of ideas.
Nephrite
A few but this is better discussed via PM.
speedle
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Mar 15 2008, 03:04 PM) *

I say, fuck the hippies and drill in Alaska. Or Michigan,

Fuck all the hippies ya want. No drilling in Michigan.

OCvertDe
Big time drilling. Just for you Priusboy.
speedle
Hey, it won't be me stopping you.

Hummerboy. wink.gif
OCvertDe
Mustangboy, actually. And they actually get decent mileage, compared to Hummers at least.
speedle
G&C
louched liver
I hadn't been to
Northern Lower
Mitten in ages and
I noticed those
toy lookin' pumps
are still slowly bobbin'
in the corn fields along
side 23.

Looks like they bring
up about 3 tbls/stroke.

Like me.
speedle
Brine wells, I believe.

Oh, and you should visit more often. Stop by, we'll give ya a proper send off.
hartsmar
I like Mustangs. I don't like Prius. It's an ugly fuck of a car and it's kinda shitty too.

Now, I just had a glass of L'Italienne yesterday.
I need to drink more of it to give a proper review but first impression is good. I like it. Congrats to Conte d'Ugenta! Good going.
Absomphe
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Mar 16 2008, 11:19 AM) *

I like Mustangs.

It's good to see some things never change. abs-cheers.gif

Shabba53
QUOTE(speedle @ Mar 15 2008, 09:52 PM) *

Hey, it won't be me stopping you.

It'll be Jeff Daniels.
Provenance
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Mar 15 2008, 12:05 PM) *
Too many words.
Word.
hartsmar
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Mar 16 2008, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(hartsmar @ Mar 16 2008, 11:19 AM) *

I like Mustangs.

It's good to see some things never change. abs-cheers.gif

HA HA HA HA HA!
I had that one coming, eh... I mean.. No, I don't mean the Mustang com... oh.
Funny thing though, "Hummer" in Swedish means Lobster.

It just never ends.
louched liver
Ummmm,
butter on a
hummer.

Good for her too.
absinthist
There is a beer named "Hammer".
Absomphe
And one named Thor's Hammer, even, at a brewpub in Vancouver called Sailor Haggar's.

Sounds like a place for you to check out the next time you visit here, Hartsmar.

If you can ever figger out how to get to the Northwest, that is.
absinthist
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Mar 17 2008, 03:16 PM) *

Thor's Hammer

There is such vodka as well. Probablement even if sold in fancy bot, rather overrated. Super-premium hyper quadruple distilled, y'know.
Absomphe
It's vodka, they're all overrated.
absinthist
Only the Scandinavian ones, indeed.
G&C
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Mar 17 2008, 04:43 PM) *
OCvertDe
I disagree. Butt, I don't generally like it anywhere near as much as absinthe. Generally.
absinthist
QUOTE(G&C @ Mar 17 2008, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Absomphe @ Mar 17 2008, 04:43 PM) *

Coz the future belongs to parsley!
Absomphe
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Mar 18 2008, 03:54 AM) *

I disagree. Butt, I don't generally like it anywhere near as much as absinthe. Generally.

You're right.

Almost any vodka is more palatable than Czechsinkth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.