Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voice recognition software - any reccomendations?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
hobgoblin
Can anyone recommend a reliable, inexpensive voice recognition software which will enable me to read and have something written into Microsoft Word? I don't care if it can't write to Outlook, or Excel or any other program, all I need it to do is write to Word. My laptop is 2 years old with 1GB RAM. I also have a fairly strong Northern Irish accent, so something that can cope with it without much problems would be best.

Any recommendations?
Provenance
Windows Vista comes with Windows Speech Recognition. I have not tried it though there are rumors is works relatively well for a Microsoft product. Dragon NaturallySpeaking is probably the best voice recognition available and comes with modules for legal and medical use. Please note that you will need to carefully edit the results of all speech recognition software.
Kirk
Can anyone recommend a reliable, inexpensive voice recognition software which will enable me to read and have something written into Microsoft Word?

I don't know anything about it, but I can see where you might find that very useful.
Head_prosthesis
godamn, KIRK! Don't be such a jerk.

"Dragon NaturallySpeaking" I bought a copy of that
SHIT about 8 years ago and it SUCKED ASS. Tried to
return it to MEIJER THRIFTY ACRES and they totally said
"NO WAY!!! YOu copied our shit and returned it just to
RIP US OFF!!!!!"

Fuck.
I hate voice recognition software.
The Standard Deviant
I have heard from a user of voice recognition software that using a good microphone is an oft neglected factor in how well the software will work.

Let us know if your accent means 'now' is interpreted as 'nigh'…
louched liver
I'd say ears'd work bestest.
hobgoblin
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Mar 25 2008, 02:42 PM) *

Let us know if your accent means 'now' is interpreted as 'nigh'…
Very good. I certainly will.
louched liver
Have Tits talk to
the machine and
if it's like he writes,
it may come out
okey-dokey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.