Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who won what?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Pages: 1, 2
salsa
A blurb in today's San Francsico Chronicle mentions a few results from the San Francsico World Spirits Competition ~2 weeks ago, and I've found a few results mentioned here and there online, but does anybody have a complete listing of the absinthe results?

The blurb mentions "France's Vieux Pontarlier Absinthe" as having won for absinthe, from a field of ten entries, and searches here for "Vieux Pontarlier" come up empty… and I'd previously heard that Mansinthe won, so… huh?!

Does anybody have a list they could post, or know of a link?
Steve
I believe "Vieux Pontarlier" is an anisette from Emile Pernot. I've never actually tasted it.
pierreverte
Vieux Pontarlier was/is an anisette from Pernot and will remain as such on the French market. Vieux Pontarlier 65 is NOW a new absinthe from Pernot (not the same recipe as the anisette or Un Emile or other Pernot-made absinthes).

Marc
Sounds really interesting.
Market release date?
Steve
US legal? w00t2.gif
Marc
In yr wildest dreams!
We keep the good xit for us.
Steve
Va te faire foutre, espece de chausette!
Marc

<---- harhar.gif
absinthist
Before I might ask a question (or not™) regarding new product, what is that chausette? Cannot find it anywhere, hence Spoon's response is almost clear to me, but that one linguistic aspect is missing, maybe it is the punchline?
Marc
Spelling mistake.
"Chaussette" i.e. "sock"
absinthist
Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Chaussette.
Steve
It was from the soul, thus no time to think about spelling or accent marks.
Marc
Except from a 's' and a 'è' that was damn good for a yank.
Steve
I wasn't sure if a circonflex was required on the fucky part too. And I knew about the accent grave but couldn't be bothered. My professor told us that accents are style and don't count for spelling.

Kind of ironic that Tits can't understand a post with a spelling mistake though!
Marc
Indeed!™

There should be an alcoholometer in his keyboard to prevent him from typing when he's drunk.
absinthist
How dare you, you sober, you! French is so fascinating that I was lost understanding the half of Spoon's post, so I needed a correction. At first, I thought it was said in French slang or something.
pierreverte
QUOTE(Spoon @ Mar 28 2008, 01:04 PM) *

US legal? w00t2.gif

yes
Steve
w00t2.gif I knew it!

So that's what you were doing here last week!
Marc
Grate, now the yanks are getting the good xit as well.

(Not that I've tasted it yet though).
Hem…

Steve
You'll prolly get to swill some at Pernot in June, like we were guzzling the Doubs last year.
Steve
I'm excited, because I don't like any of the absinthes sold in the U.S. so far (yes, I have changed my mind about St. George).
Marc
QUOTE(Spoon @ Mar 28 2008, 03:36 PM) *

Exactly what I thought after seeing his answer about the Vieux Pontarlier.

He's a secretive little thing.
torch.gif
louched liver
Didn't even invite me
over for a crotch punch.

Punk ass.
Steve
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Mar 28 2008, 07:50 AM) *
QUOTE(Spoon @ Mar 28 2008, 03:36 PM) *

Exactly what I thought after seeing his answer about the Vieux Pontarlier.

He's a secretive little thing.
torch.gif

I know. Good thing I have spies.
absinthist
But, do you have enough slains?
Steve
Tempus Fugit Spirits: Vieux Pontarlier, Mansinthe, Duplais

Tempus Fugit Spirits is pleased to be the Sole U.S. Agent for the finest absinthes produced since the Belle Époque.

Congratulations, John!
G&C
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Mar 27 2008, 11:46 PM) *
Vieux Pontarlier was/is an anisette from Pernot and will remain as such on the French market. Vieux Pontarlier 65 is NOW a new absinthe from Pernot (not the same recipe as the anisette or Un Emile or other Pernot-made absinthes).

Like that will make a difference.

QUOTE(pierreverte @ Mar 28 2008, 07:26 AM) *
QUOTE(Spoon @ Mar 28 2008, 01:04 PM) *

US legal? w00t2.gif

yes

Oh glory!
Marc
QUOTE(G&C @ Mar 29 2008, 07:11 AM) *

Like that will make a difference.

Like you've tasted it and can comment.
absinthist
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Mar 28 2008, 06:36 AM) *

(Not that I've tasted it yet though).

As if you could comment, either harhar.gif
Marc
True.
Hence the extra comment from my part.
louched liver
The absinthe world
continues to rotate
towards
-Finally!-
here in the YouSaa.

Gettin' closer.
Mistinguett
Congrats John and Bunny Boy, now something legal and hopefully yummy to put in the bubble glasses…..I’m excited to try it.
Absomphe
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Mar 29 2008, 04:10 AM) *

Hence the extra comment from my part.

…™
Grim
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Mar 27 2008, 11:46 PM) *

Vieux Pontarlier 65 is NOW a new absinthe from Pernot (not the same recipe as the anisette or Un Emile or other Pernot-made absinthes).

Click to view attachment

Congrats, Peter!

What classification code did absinthe get entered under… 425?
Jaded Prole
Does it louche?
Steve
It's never too early to imply a fault, is it?
Marc
HA!
Absomphe
The Belle Amie, and the Doubs louche adequately, and even the Roquette can be coaxed into an okay louche, if coddled enough.

Or do you mean, does it LOUCHE?
Marc
Speaking of louche, we could make a nice comparison chart between the beloved HGs and the hated COs.
absinthist
Why don't you start, Mr. Smart?
Marc
Wood make some bunnies cry.
Grim
mthuilli, I didn't realize you've had the best of clandestine absinthe… please… show us what it looks like. I'm truly curious.

Can you guys please let one fucking thread go without devolving it into this same inane debate?

If an absinthe is beyond repute, shimmers like gold in the glass and boils every loving bubble in your heart with the first sip… I doubt it needs anyone to defend it.
Absomphe
Well said! abs-cheers.gif
Marc
QUOTE(Grim @ Mar 30 2008, 12:25 AM) *

mthuilli, I didn't realize you've had the best of clandestine absinthe… please… show us what it looks like. I'm truly curious.

Touché. Still waiting.

QUOTE(Grim @ Mar 30 2008, 12:25 AM) *

Can you guys please let one fucking thread go without devolving it into this same inane debate?

I agree, we should all stop this inane debate. Unfortunately it's everywhere, every fucking time a new Co is launched, or even worse, every fucking time a Co is about to be launched.

(Glad you edited your post btw)
Grim
I had to… we've never dealt that way with eachother. Realize even a p'tit con has his pride, eh?

Besides, where'd you think this louche came from?
Marc
HA!
I was sure you would have noticed my "p'tit con" from the birthday thread, it was intentional. PM sent.
Btw, "p'tit con" as we say it here is friendly in most cases.

Besides, very nice thick louche.
Grim
Now… again…

Congratulations Peter on the well-deserved Double-gold.
Wilson
Congratulations on the Gold Medal win. I can hardly wait to sample it.
Marc
Yep congrats Peter, I can't wait.

Looks like the US absinthe list is getting longer:
Lucid
Kubler
St George
Vieux Pontarlier
Mansinthe
Duplais
La Fée (ok forget about that one)
What else?
Absomphe
I'll add my congrats to the chorus, Peter, and definietly look forward to trying this one. abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.