Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tell 'Em The Green Faerie Sent Ya
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2, 3
William Allen Black
Hi There,

If you don't mind, I'd like to join your virtual fireside chat. What, exactly, you're burning in your fireplace, I'm afraid to ask. Certainly not your sugarcubes, eh…

I've been drinking A for about five years, taking occasional breaks to eat and sleep. My collection seems to get smaller and smaller, and it's making me nervous. Greenback = What The Hell? Maybe I should start drinking gasoline.

Interests, professional and otherwise, include: art, music, film, nude pyrotechnic opera, and underwater welding.

Hobbies include eating, sleeping, and cursing (at that idiot Greenback, among other things).

Cheers, Salute, Beviamo, etc.! spoon.gif
Oxygenee
QUOTE(William Allen Black @ Apr 5 2008, 12:16 AM) *

nude pyrotechnic opera, and underwater welding

That's fine, you'll fit in well here.
dakini_painter
Hi! abs-cheers.gif
William Allen Black
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Apr 4 2008, 09:28 PM) *

Not <too> well, hopefully. Thanks for the welcome.

Oh, and I misspelled "salut." Didn't mean to go all GI Joe on you.
Donnie Darko
It's OK. We're all a bunch of saluts here… in fact now that you've had an encounter with us you might want to get tested.
Oxygenee
Of course, if you'd said nude underwater welding, I'd have had to refer you to the Louchedlounge.
Nephrite
OMG… please no!
William Allen Black
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Apr 5 2008, 01:27 AM) *

in fact now that you've had an encounter with us you might want to get tested.

Re: The "La Fee Verte" philosophy, post #49.

Possibly.

Nephrite
How do you interpret that image?
William Allen Black
QUOTE(Nephrite @ Apr 5 2008, 11:25 AM) *

How do you interpret that image?

read: your signature.
Kirk
What, exactly, you're burning in your fireplace

Why, peet, of course!
Hi there.
Nephrite

read: your signature.

Yes: and?
William Allen Black

If you change your sig every time I reference it, we'll never get anything done.
absinthist
Forgive Nephie, he needs time. Alot of it, respectively.
Absomphe
If only you were a criminal court judge…
absinthist
Hehehe, if I ever join the Bar, I am a honest drunk.
William Allen Black
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Apr 5 2008, 04:50 PM) *

If only you were a criminal court judge…

Or a marriage counselor. Not that I'm asking, Nephrite. I mean, you're cute and everything, with your lustrous see-through head. Obviously I fill you with fear, however, and that's no way to start anything good.

QUOTE(Nephrite @ Apr 5 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Nephrite
The avatar is new… Do ya like the ol' monkey and femur bones better? Please continue posting and keep it entertaining abs-cheers.gif

IPB Image
G&C
Butt you're still just a junkie.
Nephrite
Tru dat
OCvertDe
I liked the femur bone monkey.

Welcome!
William Allen Black
QUOTE(Nephrite @ Apr 6 2008, 07:10 AM) *

Do ya like the ol' monkey and femur bones better?

Reminds me of graduate school.
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(William Allen Black @ Apr 5 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Obviously I fill you with fear, however, and that's no way to start anything good.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

---Tish looking-up.gif
William Allen Black
Oh jeez. I dunno, I can't hear through the So. Central Rain.

No need to jab in code here. Hit me directly. The gut is still above the waistline, yes?
Absomphe
Certainly, butt a crotch punch would probably do you a lot more good.

It might even knock some sense (cents) into your head.

Just so you could put two of 'em in, and actually consider it an investment.

William Allen Black
Apparently sardonic humor is off limits here, unless your nickname is Stompy.

What did I do that was so out of line? I don't think Nephrite and I did each other any harm. Seeing how you people bash each other around all the time, all in good fun I'm sure, gave me the impression that it was allowed. Encouraged, even.

Butt, by all means, call in the cavalry. Sorry I intruded.

bye.
dakini_painter
That was really fast, and he didn't even mention Strong 68 or seeking maximum chop.gif. blink.gif
absinthist
The newbians are getting weaker and weaker. It is because of global warming, I suspect.
Absomphe
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Apr 6 2008, 01:39 PM) *

That was really fast, and he didn't even mention Strong 68 or seeking maximum chop.gif. blink.gif

From a couple of his posts, I gathered that there wasn't any need.

He seemed to be trippinbalz™ on it already.
Poke Salad Papa
frusty.gif I feel better now.
OCvertDe
It seemed like he'd lurked enough to know how thick of a skin is necessary for survival here. But then, I lurked here for years before posting and I still needed Oxy to pat me on the shoulder a few weeks in, so…
Absomphe
Perhaps the Skin Thickening 101 course offered on LL should be a prerequisite for admission here. evill.gif
OCvertDe
Not worth it.
Absomphe
Sure it is, it's zero dollars per credit. harhar.gif
OCvertDe
There's more to investments than dollars, especially that one.

I see our "breaking the new guy in" process the way many seem to view our BG: "drink it or sink it".
William Allen Black

Excuse me, I'm just guarding my carcass until Oxy is merciful enough to remove it from the floor.

Absomphe, I'm really sorry you think so little of me. I assure you, I'm not trippin on anything. I prefer the 1901. I guess I just stuck my neck out a little too far for an old bastard like you to resist.

I was just trying to get into the spirit of things, the way I saw it. I was off the mark, whatever, who gives a fuck, move along. Class dismissed.

cdog-plain.gif
OCvertDe
And Black returns!

Rest assured, it's doubtful that he thinks any littler of you than anyone else.

If that sounds a tad ambiguous, well… it is what it is.
William Allen Black
Thanks OCvertDe, you show real class. Many others at this forum do the same, which is why I admired it in the first place.

I can understand the ruthless Darwinian logic at work when trying to "weed out the weaklings." However, what some call weakness, I call sanity. Like, avoiding further conflict, along with wasted time and energy, by leaving.

Hopefully, my remains will be cremated soon, and I'll be outta here before things get too morbid. Until then, I bid you a pleasant evening. Uh oh, did that sound too gay or something?
Kirk
Smells like locker room in here.
I'd like to see people speak a little more clearly, OCverte, your ambiguity kills me,
and absomphe, you embarass me,
but I'lll get to that later.
How many angels can stand on a couple of pin heads?
Black, welcome back, stick around,
there's more here than the fools out front.
From now on, how about you ass holes treat new members like they
deserve a little respect?
In fact, you cock suckers better treat them like they are personal friends of mine.
The first time you ran off a friend of mine within the first couple of posts
I let it slide.
Dum basses.

speedle
There is no "Darwinian logic" at work here, trust me. It's just that it's easier to poke at newbies, and some people here (you know who you are) like to take a poke with the newbies. Better to poke than be poked, as it were.

If you can stick around, get what you can out of the place, and you are also able to make the occasional intelligent remark, so much the better. Then you can graduate to poking. Back.

Oh, and, what Kirk said, too.

Kirk
In fact, no "logic" at all
sometimes, it's not all that bad to be the pokee
instead of the poke-er.
Let's just be a little more respectable here,
by offering a little more respect.
Fee Verte has a certain reputation;
it's kept just so.
Let's take it up another notch,
I'm sick of the culture of dis.
Kirk
. . .
Kirk
But I'm glad Jerry feels better, I like him.
Reading this thread, I see that Black actually got a very warm welcome,
so I apologize for calling you all cocksuckers,
you're not all cock suckers,
but see:
that's problem
what you see as a warm welcome
others see as bad form.
So I'll go back to
let's try to lift our pinkies carefully for all to see
until it's hopeless.
In other words, a little more hospitality .
Then we make them walk the plank (but only for grievous injury, which every one of you bastards are on the verge of)
William Allen Black
QUOTE(speedle @ Apr 7 2008, 02:34 AM) *

If you can stick around, get what you can out of the place, and you are also able to make the occasional intelligent remark, so much the better. Then you can graduate to poking. Back.

As fun as that sounds……..no. Anyway, who's to say what's intelligent, obviously not Mr. Two Cents here.

Seriously, thanks guys, for propping up my corpse. But I'm already decomposing here. My ghost is just waiting for Oxy to sweep up (PLEASE, I'm begging…..need closure).

It's all just an embarrassment at this point. I draw the line at getting punched in the crotch, so what. Somebody else might really enjoy it. Do What Thou Wilt shall be the whole of the law, so said A. Crowley. And we all know what a cool guy he was.

So, let them have their fun. Human nature will never change, it will always be a towel-snapping-at-church-camp sort of fuckfest. Sounds like you have too many new members around here anyway, it's spoiling the rarified ambience.
Kirk
Don't be a drama queen
Walk away if you like,
but this is a community, there are many streets here.
What does anyone care, what anyone does or says?
This is kind of like democracy,
or it's the way to say what you see.
None of it matters to me,
or all of it does.
I had friends in real life
a lot of them are gone,
sucked up into history,
they may be dead but they are
all still precious to me
This is main street, I say stick around only because
I'm not sure there is a better choice.
Death to obscure reference,
explain yourself or die.
Kirk
Of course by die I mean
stick around, we want to hear your reply.
Kirk
Besides, this might actually be real life.
Oxygenee
Guys, scaring off newcomers in the welcome thread is…ya know…kinda sad.
Tibro
QUOTE(William Allen Black @ Apr 5 2008, 01:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Apr 4 2008, 09:28 PM) *

Not <too> well, hopefully.

Apparently WAB was never in the market for a perfect fit. No offense, but I don't understand what the fuss is all about anyhow. And now I don't know if it's fitting for me to offer my own "Welcome" or not. I'd go back to browsing the rack, but the gender's wrong. Ah, well, when in doubt, louche.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(William Allen Black @ Apr 6 2008, 11:49 PM) *

As fun as that sounds……..no.

Don't be such a pussy. Plenty of us are happy to have you, and the ones who don't act like it are typically just playing the devil's advocate. Besides, I'm suspicious of anyplace where everyone welcomes me with open arms…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.