Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: US "Absinthes" -- Quick Reviews
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Provenance
From the NY Daily News
None are going to knock out vodka as your favorite, but they are worth a taste:

Lucid Absinthe Superieure: 124 proof, 750 ml, $59.99. Sulfurous and grassy, with a layered vegetal anise finish.

Kubler Swiss Absinthe Superieure: 106 proof, 1 liter, $56. Colorless with a clean, crisp strong anise taste.

St. George Absinthe Verte: 120 proof, 750 ml, $75. Pale, grassy green, with a bittersweet herb-salad finish.

Le Tourment Vert Absinthe Francaise: 100 proof, 750 ml, $57. Bluish-green like mouthwash; syrupy with a faint anise taste.

Green Moon Absinthe Essence Anise Flavored Vodka: 90 proof, 750 ml, $29. Artificial aquamarine hue, sweet like Sambuca.

Grande Absente Absinthe Originale: 138 proof , 750 ml, $69. Lime-green with a powerful alcohol scent.

La Fee Parisian Absinthe: 136 proof, 750 ml, $59.95. Intense artificial green, sweet, accessible mint-anise taste.
Jaded Prole
St. George Absinthe Verte: 120 proof, 750 ml, $75. Pale, grassy green, with a bittersweet herb-salad finish.

Ha! Salad dressing.
Absomphe
Pretty damned expensive for a bottle of salad dressing.
OCvertDe
No, the salad itself, not the dressing. The dressing would be… sugar? Maple syrup? Arak?
Jaded Prole
I still say it's more like a bad pesto that lingers on the tongue like an unwelcome guest that won't take a hint and leave.

Come to think of it we get those around here.
OCvertDe
I've never had bad pesto… maybe I just need to eat more of it.

Ouch! I think I'm taking a hint.
absinthist
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Apr 21 2008, 03:17 PM) *

Pretty damned expensive for a bottle of salad dressing.

I hear the dressing is preserved with alcohol from getting bad, hence the price.
Absomphe
QUOTE(absinthist @ Apr 22 2008, 04:55 AM) *

I hear the dressing is preserved with alcohol from getting bad

Too late.
Steyr850
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Apr 21 2008, 04:42 PM) *

Ha! Salad dressing.
Green Goddess™
Steyr850
Lance Winters - the maker of Hangar One vodka - started making the brilliant green spirit called absinthe 11 years ago just for himself.

And that's what he's come up with????
Jaded Prole
Maybe he should have tried some others first so he would know what it was.
Absomphe
Hey, it's better than the COs that were available 11 years ago.

Steyr850
Oh, Snap!

Thanks all for takin' one fur the team!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.