Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another imbiber….
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Born Loucher
Hello everyone….

It's great to be part of this forum. I've found it to be a wonderful source of information -- especially important since there is so much disinformation out there in regards to absinthe.

I'm still a relative novice. So far I've had: St. George, Lucid, Kubler, Taboo, and some Czech stuff I shudder to mention. Though I'm looking to expand my absinthe repertoire (after consulting the helpful reviews found in this forum). Many thanks to all who have shared their tasting observations.

Cheers!
Provenance
Welcome.
Favorite Liquor Lagavulin 16

Excellent choice.
absinthist
Hello!

Favorite Beer My own home-brew

Even excellenter choice.
OCvertDe
Hello!

Imagonnahava try this Lagavulin I keep hearing about.
Nephrite
What are your thoughts on the Distillers edition, Pedro Ximenez finish?
Born Loucher
What are your thoughts on the Distillers edition, Pedro Ximenez finish?

I haven't tried it yet. In general I'm not a fan of Pedro Ximenez finishes. That said, I see Malt Advocate Magazine gave it a rating of 91. That's very encouraging.

From Malt Advocate:

"More polished and sophisticated than the comparably sweet and lush Lagavulin 21. The pedro ximenez cask finish certainly gives as much as it takes away when compared to the benchmark 16 year old. An array of complex ripe fruit, interwoven with notes of pot still rum, toffee, tar, seaweed, and brine on the finish. It seems logical to marry this big smoky Islay whisky with an equally big, sweet, fruity sherry. In this case the marriage works wonderfully."

Sounds delicious. Have you tried it? If so, do you agree with MA's comments?
Nephrite
I enjoyed the 1986,87,88 and 91 however the only thing that resembles Lagavulin is the smoke, salt and peat. Aside from the sherry, the other flavors remind me of a sweet and spicy Christmas cake.
Absomphe
I miss the 10 year.

Welcome. abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.