Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was told this was where to come to learn about burning absinthe and
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Doctor Love
Hi all-

Been posting awhile on WS and decided to come on over here as well. I'm relatively new to absinthe, but I have enjoyed learning about it and trying different kinds so far. My screen name comes from the song by KISS, of whom I'm a fan. And in case the sarcasm hasn't come through in the title, I do have an elementary understanding of how absinthe is properly prepared and the actual effects on the drinker.

I live in Orange County, CA, so I initially bought and tried what was available locally. Lucid, Kubler 53, and St. George to start. Then I was snookered into buying Le Tourment Vert because of the cool bottle and clever paragraph description at BevMo only to find that it was nothing like the other stuff I had tried. I then, based upon some advice, placed an order for some imported bottles which I just recently received, one of which is the Jade PF1901, which I definitely like better than the brands available here. I also have bottles of Doubs and Roquette which I have yet to try (I'll be trying to decide which one this evening).

I look forward to learning more about absinthe and participating in some of the, uh, animated discussions I've read over here.

I enjoy golf, cars (a bimmerfreak to be exact), dabbling in bonsai, and of course, drinking.

So if you got this far I'll give you a fun fact as well, I live in a new housing development on the former Tustin Marine base, and nearby there are two unique historical structures.

They are the largest wooden structures in the world, hangars built in WW2 to house dirigibles. They are so large that the Statue of Liberty would fit standing up, and the Eiffel Tower would fit laying down. It's pretty cool to be able to see them in the distance and recognize the truly vast scale of them. They get leased out by the military periodically to various car companies to do commercials in and around them, as they wind up being kind of a "tough industrial" background for presenting a car.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Well, that's all for now.

Cheers abs-cheers.gif
Steve
Cool. We have one of those at Moffett Field but it's not wooden:
IPB Image
OCvertDe
Welcome!
Marc
Good intro.
Welcome.
Nephrite
I'll avoid Le Tourment Vert when I see it at BevMo… slainte abs-cheers.gif
absinthist
Hello!
Wilson
Hey Doc. Welcome!
dakini_painter
Time to bring back dirigibles. abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
What she said, especially the hydrogen fueled variety. Then you just stuff 'em full of crapsinth lovin', 'fun with fire' frat boyz, and sell tickets. evill.gif

Welcome, Doc! abs-cheers.gif
Poke Salad Papa
Howdy!
Tibro
Incorrigibles? Welcome.
Jaded Prole
Incorrigibles?

Especially welcome.

abs-cheers.gif
Doctor Love

Thanks all! Cheers abs-cheers.gif
rjordan
Hey noob, there is nothing in your first post that I can bitch, gripe, complain about or put on airs of superiority. Say something controversial or stupid so I can get my groove on.

gun thug.gif
Doctor Love
Hmm….ok how bout this
IPB Image
Nephrite
Now we see why you're called Doctor Love.
rjordan
Ohhhhhhhh man, you had to bring Mom into it. Now I'm gonna hafta get medieval on your ass. Just kidding, I banged your Grandma last nite and it wasn't that good, kinda dry and lifeless. And if you say, "she's dead man, why'd you have to talk about my dead Grandma?" then I'll say she wasn't that good when she was alive neither so don't worry about I'm used to it. So there.

But at least your getting the hang of it a lot quicker than some of these other noobs.

gun thug.gif
Absomphe
Jebus, this talk about bangin' the dead is makin' me kinda nostalgic for CeeGee.

Of course, I'll won't admit that the next time he picks a bad day to quit sniffin' glue.
Wilson
If you're gonna do dead chicks, you gotta bring your own lube. They say they got some new stuff that warms on contact. That would probably be a big plus for you.
Doctor Love

Somehow, necrophiliasm is not how I envisioned my intro thread would evolve.

dakini_painter
Everyone gets there 15 minutes of fame.
Jaded Prole
or flame as the case may be.
OCvertDe
15 minutes of fame before the flame.
Absomphe
In your case, the two are synonymous.
Poke Salad Papa
That is the most gross thing I have heard here. I'm gonna get them bayou people to fix up a little something for you guys. Bat1.gif
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absomphe @ May 4 2008, 11:25 AM) *

In your case, the two are synonymous.

Actually, in my case I believe 15 minutes of flame hardly begins to sum it up.
Absomphe
Damn you, you just upstaged that clock. shock.gif
OCvertDe
Maybe if I'd stop setting myself on fire…

nah.
rjordan
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ May 4 2008, 01:05 AM) *

Somehow, necrophiliasm is not how I envisioned my intro thread would evolve.

That's why you're new. This is how all the intro threads evolve. Or at least they used to. Then the joint got all classy-fied and the necrophilia moved over to the Lounge.

gun thug.gif
Wilson
IPB Image

It's all in good fun.
rjordan
No it's all in good dead people.

gun thug.gif
Doctor Love
Speaking of uses for dead people, I didn't think I'd run across anything strange enough to be worthy of adding to this thread, until I read this…

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5764886.html

Reduce, recycle, reuse, right? My guess is they like Jerry Garcia a lot….in fact they are probably…

deadheads?
Absomphe
Prolly a fan of Lord Byron.
rjordan
FM 1960 and the Eastex freeway….I used to live just on the other side of the airport from there.

gun thug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.