Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prototype 36
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Shabba53
Looks like we may have more to discuss regarding what 'is' or 'isn't' absinthe.

It's available now for order.

In the past we released a series of authentic reproduced Absinthes, which are highly appreciated by international Absintheurs.

Prototype 36 now offers a new idea about Absinthe. Since Absinthe Marteau it is obvious that a wise selection of rather "exotic" herbs can also lead to a very harmonic Absinthe. We created this one to follow exactly this idea.

We're convinced that this may cause discussions about how Absinthe should be like, but in the same moment we're also convinced that this is a mighty fine Absinthe, a lot people will appreciate.
G&C
Shill
Shabba53
Nope.
Provenance
I once gave a friend a bottle of one of those prototypes and damn near poisoned him.
Wilson
With my auto insurance coming up next month, I had better wait on this one. At least till some have had a chance to review it. I am tempted though.
Provenance
I'm not.
Shabba53
I'm only tempted out of curiosity.
absinthist
Curiosity killed the cat.
Wilson
No one is willing to take one for the team?
Provenance
Try the l’Italienne when it becomes available. You won't be disappointed.
Wilson
I can hardly wait.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Provenance @ Apr 30 2008, 10:44 AM) *

Try the l’Italienne when it becomes available. You won't be disappointed.

I just missed the giveaway. I'm planning on buying multiple bottles. abs-cheers.gif
Shabba53
QUOTE(absinthist @ Apr 30 2008, 10:43 AM) *

Curiosity killed the cat.

Well, it's proven to be my saving grace given all of the wonderful foods and drinks I've experienced throughout my life that many people would scoff at. I'll take my lumps every once in a while. At least I'll be able to say I've had an open mind.
OCvertDe
For someone with an open mind, you've survived here a rather long time. Props abs-cheers.gif
Steyr850
QUOTE(Provenance @ Apr 30 2008, 10:22 AM) *

I once gave a friend a bottle of one of those prototypes and damn near poisoned him.
methanol?
Provenance
No, just vile.
Steyr850
You funny.
Shabba53
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Apr 30 2008, 01:11 PM) *

you've survived here a rather long time.

It's called giving respect where respect is due, having a thick skin, and taking everything with a grain of salt. abs-cheers.gif
OCvertDe
Indeed!
Bruno Rygseck
QUOTE(Wilson @ Apr 30 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Yes!
OCvertDe
Only if someone's handing them out…

I have some reservations about this one.
Wilson
But look where it is coming from. It's not like St. George that came from some guy that didn't have a clue what absinthe tasted like.

By the way, Bruno, I knew we could count on you.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Bruno Rygseck @ Apr 30 2008, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Wilson @ Apr 30 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Yes!

Already have. abs-cheers.gif
OCvertDe
And it's good then?
Wilson
No. He did the KOSG.
OCvertDe
Oh… that one for the team. Great topic.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Wilson @ Apr 30 2008, 05:32 PM) *

No. He did the KOSG.

And about 30 others, although I have to clarify that I wasn't part of the original 'chosen'. It was more of a personal journey. wink.gif And I've already got my order in for the Proto 36.
Tibro
An obvious fan of things-which-call-themselves-absinthe-but-aren't.

With likely emphasis on "things."
Shabba53
And why would you call me a fan? Do you think that just because I have an open-mindedness enough to try something means I'm a fan of it? If so, then sir, you are sorely mistaken. And quick to make rash assumptions.

Maybe you should do a little bit more research on my posts. The only absinthe that has controversy surrounding its classification that I'm in favor of is St. George, which I have to add, many other respected members have agreed with me upon.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Apr 30 2008, 10:43 AM) *

taking everything with a grain of salt.

No salt, no sugar, just water… k, thanx, bye. bye1.gif
Shabba53
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Apr 30 2008, 09:14 PM) *

No salt, no sugar, just water… k, thanx, bye. bye1.gif

QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Apr 30 2008, 01:43 PM) *

It's called giving respect where respect is due

Oh shut up, y'ole bastard. harhar.gif
Absomphe
You forgot 'curmudgeonly', but otherwise, that's more respect than I've gotten in ages! abs-cheers.gif
Doctor Love

I'm always overwhelmed by the outpouring of optimism expressed towards new brands in the forum, it's inspiring! abs-cheers.gif
Marc
I'm with Shabba on that one, I too would like to try it for curiosity.
And it can't be that bad coming from Matter.
Tibro
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ May 1 2008, 01:07 AM) *

It was more of a personal journey.

Fine, you're a fan of your own open-minded experiences. I still don't understand reveling in the pursuit of shit.
Shabba53
Too bad for you then.

I wouldn't say I revel in drinking crap. It's a necessary evil.

To fully understand what is good, one should also understand what is bad. It's the same reason why, at many absinthe events, people bring at least one crapsinthe for everyone to experience. Many of the most respected members both here and at the WS have done the same thing.

Along with that, as a review editor, it typically is a good idea to have a very broad range of experience in order to show some form of credibility. Further, when I hold education events, it helps to have a large collection, so I can show people a direct comparison between high and low quality brands.

I hope I've given your highness a satisfactory explaination.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Apr 30 2008, 09:23 PM) *

You forgot 'curmudgeonly', but otherwise, that's more respect than I've gotten in ages! abs-cheers.gif

I give you respect very much all the time. Quietly, to myself. When you aren't looking.
dakini_painter

To fully understand what is good, one should also understand what is bad.

To experience the bad once is sufficient.

Breadth of experience doesn't necessarily improve the depth of expression in a particular experience.
Jaded Prole
Indeed™
Tibro
I've tasted shit. I don't look to do it again and again. I fail to see anything necessary about it. Nor did I say you revel in drinking shit. Just pursuing it, it seems. It's part and parcel of having a collectors' disease.
Shabba53
A disease I'm very happy to have, thank you. I'm sure you wouldn't mind either, if you were ever to be a guest at my bar.

You can try to insult me all you like with your snarky comments, Tibro, but all it's doing is satisfying your own need for attention. You'll never be able to make me feel self-conscious about expanding my knowledge of both good and bad.

I'll never buy another bottle of Czechsinthe. My money is better spent elsewhere. But I'll never shy away from trying a sample sent from someone else. But I don't view the Matter Prototypes as anything close to assbinthe.

To experience the bad once is sufficient.

Not if your goal is to be well versed enough to post reviews of any absinthe/assbinthe on the market. You really can't review something you've never tasted.
Absomphe
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ May 1 2008, 03:56 AM) *

Breadth of experience doesn't necessarily improve the depth of expression in a particular experience.

I disagree.

It should, if one possesses the ability to translate one's tasting experience into a verbal, or written critique.

Crap can be as dynamic to review as sublime nectar, as was particularly illustrated by Absinthesizer's hilarious review of KOSG.
Tibro
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ May 1 2008, 03:30 PM) *

You can try to insult me all you like with your snarky comments, Tibro, but all it's doing is satisfying your own need for attention. You'll never be able to make me feel self-conscious about expanding my knowledge of both good and bad.

I'm not trying to insult you. If you read my comments you'll see that I'm just trying to satisfy my own need for attention, as you say. Describing my own viewpoint. My goal is the simple enjoyment of a properly crafted beverage. I keep it simple because I'm simple and would rather not repeatedly waste my time and pleasure on shit. My simple needs mean that I'm happy if my knowledge progresses forward, it need not expand in every direction if I can avoid some unnecessary unpleasantnesses. How is that insulting to you?
Provenance
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Apr 30 2008, 10:39 PM) *
Oh yes it can. I still have some of an undrinkable prototype that is so bad it can't even be used in an eye-opener.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ May 1 2008, 10:52 AM) *

How is that insulting to you?

Don't be coy. It's not flattering.

Anyway, I'm over it, so I feel no need to continue to discuss it.
Doctor Love

Looking forward to your review Shabba abs-cheers.gif
Marc
QUOTE(Provenance @ May 1 2008, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mthuilli @ Apr 30 2008, 10:39 PM) *
Oh yes it can. I still have some of an undrinkable prototype that is so bad it can't even be used in an eye-opener.

Samples exchange?
hartsmar
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Apr 30 2008, 09:43 AM) *
taking everything with a grain of salt.

Some use sugar, some doesn't. But salt!? To each his own...
absinthist
Tequilsinthe? O tempora, o mores!
Provenance
Markus sure does purvey some powerful absinthe.
Manson's Absinthe Too Strong for Girlfriend Wood

Marilyn Manson's brand of absinthe is so potent his own girlfriend avoids drinking it at all costs.

Actress Evan Rachel Wood celebrated her 20th birthday with the shock rocker by taking shots of Manson's personal brand called Mansinthe, his own version of the beverage that was banned in the U.S. until last year.

She says, "For my birthday, I did one shot to try it, and that was it. I was drunk immediately.

"Being who he is, Manson wanted to make it as strong as it could possibly be, so it's got the highest amount of wormwood that you can have legally. One shot of it, and you're out for the night. Three shots of it, and you're dead.

"I think he agrees with me; you can't drink Mansinthe every day."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.