Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pernod Fils 1910 samples
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Pages: 1, 2
Rimbaud
Anyone else snag one of these?

absintheglass-glow2.gif
Rimbaud
Don't worry. I likes me some crickets!
Absomphe
I should have, to compare with the 1914, but I've gotten cheap, lately.

Let us know what you think, when those monkeys finally make an appearance.
disas
I have some on the way…..I couldnt resist….

I keep telling myself the last preban sample realy is my last…..somehow it just never works out like that.

After the last glass of Pernod Fils 1910 I had…its difficult to say no.
Meatwaggon
Damn you people straight to Sheol. I read this thread and thought to myself that the samples would run out, so I ordered one straight away. Then I discovered that I hadn't left enough in my checking account and had drawn an overdraft charge….. ROFLMAO
Green Baron
That sucks man. I guess it might feel better to think of it as a pre-ban convenience fee? I had to do some financial juggling myself. But it just seemed like a good idea; if this is my only opportunity to have some vintage, I want it to be PF. Especially considering Oxy's indications that we might be in a "peak pre-ban" situation soon.

I'm sure we'll both enjoy it though! Godspeed, you flying monkeys! Smokin Monkey.gif
Rimbaud
Just found out mine is being dispatched today!

spoon.gif Sugar.gif absintheglass-glow2.gif
Rimbaud
Here monkey, monkey, monkey…
Rimbaud
I think my monkey is lost.

Poor lost monkey.

He ain't no funky monkey.

Just a po' ass junkie.

I'm outta here, yo.
Donnie Darko
Brass monkey.

Those fly slower cuz they're made out of brass.
Marc
Rimbaud, you're saying it has been dispatched 2 days ago, then today you're saying it's lost. WTF?
It's coming from Oxy man, so if it's really lost you'll get either refund or replacement.
Rimbaud
Chill, mang. I trust Oxy completely. And I know it's not actually lost (I have tracking info). I'm just impatient. And bored at work. Two things that do not go well together. Unlike chocolate & peanut butter, which do (sez Reese's).

Dig me, wiggly?
Marc
Dig you wink.gif

The more you wait, the more you'll love it. PF is da xit!
Rimbaud
I know, but it hurts. Waiting, that is.

OUCH! There it is again.
Rimbaud
I have a feeling I may get a monkey visit tomorrow.

I'm gonna tongue kiss the fucker when he gets here.

If I stop posting after tomorrow, the rabies got me.
Wilson
If you tongue him, he may never deliver another package to you. On the other hand, all later packages may get there a day early. It's a gamble.
eric
Rimmy,

You are cracking me up with your enthusiasm.

Vintage Absinthe is indeed a special treat.

I am sure that you will enjoy it very much.

You need to attend the next TXLF.

abs-cheers.gif

Grim
A good enough reason to host one… when's a good time for you?
Rimbaud
Eric-

I'd love to visit TX sometime. How you been?
G&C
I got the air mattress.

eric
It sounds like a good idea.

Will have to decide when it is the best time.

Maybe towards the end of summer when it starts to cool off.

OMG and his better half will be visiting this weekend. If any of you are in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by.

Rimbaud
Crap! Looks like the monkey will arrive tomorrow…and I took the day off from work to go get my marriage license! Aaaaaargh!
Wilson
You misspelled noose.
Marc
A good enough reason Rimmy!

IPB Image
Rimbaud
Indeed it is. I just hope whomever receives the package at my office puts it in a safe place until Monday.
Absomphe
There's a safe place in Astoria?

Damn gentrification.

Just kiddin, Rimmy.

As long as you don't get a connoisseur lush for a monkey, I'm sure you'll be savoring the goods very soon.
Rimbaud
Actually, I work in Manhattan.

Astoria is really a very safe neighborhood and, strangely enough, isn't too gentrified.

They keep saying it's going to be the next hip neighborhood, but it hasn't really happened yet.
Absomphe
There are enough hip neighborhoods.

Oldschool Astoria was always okay, in my book.
Rimbaud
Me too. I like it the way it is.
Rimbaud
My 1910 PF sample has finally arrived.

I had a whiff…absolutely alluring!
Provenance
I like preban. At its best, it reminds of good HG.
Rimbaud
Meh!
Kirk
True, but it's still CO.
Marc
Here we go again.
And again.
absinthist
That it reminds of good HG, but is still a CO, so it can't remind of a good HG since it is still a CO?
Absomphe
More like enough with the CO/HG comparisons, already. dead-horse.gif
Marc
'xactly!
Kirk
True, there is no comparing the two.
G&C
Indeed™.
Jaded Prole
True but not a fair comparison.

Pure craft vs mass production with oversight by know-nothing bureaucrats and government micromanagement . . .

Not, mind you, that some HG doesn't suck and CO is getting better all the time.
Provenance
QUOTE(mthuilli @ May 19 2008, 10:45 AM) *
Here we go again.
And again.
'aint nobody here understand satire?
Donnie Darko
I do, but that's no fun.

Dude, the Lamborghini Murcielago is so much better than the Porsche Cayman. The Cayman is an improvement, but the Lambo is still better.
Provenance
I'd rather get the ultimate hummer.

IPB Image
Absomphe
I'd rather get the other one.
Shabba53
Hummers are overrated for the average consumer.

For street driving, I much prefer the Nissan Armada. Smoother ride, more interior room, and better gas mileage.

For off roading, if you're doing some serious shit, then the original Hummer is good, but for what the average Joe does off roading, the Land Rover tends to be better.
Tibro
Great tips. If I'm ever fortunate enough to become an "average consumer" I'll know just which vehicle to buy. Thanks.

Of course, that "average consumer" always has funds for pre-ban, as well, right?

I never thought average would be so much to aspire to. You're an inspiration.
eric
The more stuff you consume, the more average you become.

absinthist
Indeed!™

Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ May 22 2008, 01:16 AM) *

Great tips. If I'm ever fortunate enough to become an "average consumer" I'll know just which vehicle to buy.

In this sense, the average consumer is one who is in a position of buying that type of vehicle. What I meant by it was what the average purchaser of an off road vehicle such as a Hummer or Land Rover would be doing with said vehicle. Most of them don't go trekking through war torn cities or deserts or do other extreme off roading.

But, I'm sure you already knew that.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(eric @ May 22 2008, 04:08 AM) *

The more stuff you consume, the more average you become.

How true. Go to Long Island sometime, where every vehicle you see is an SUV of some sort, and there are no hills, and almost no places you can drive that are not paved, and most people have desk jobs and are not contractors that need 8 seats and space to haul stuff. I had a Volvo S40 as a rental car the other day, and even that cost $61 to fill it up, and that's a relatively inexpensive sedan that gets decent gas mileage. Clearly our consumption tendencies are not sustainable, and yet we vote for people who are too chickenshit to say so. The only way you can really get people in this country to moderate consumption is by forcing it on them with higher prices, and that only works as long as prices are high. As soon as the gas crisis was over and gas was cheap again in the 90s, everybody went right back to driving monster trucks. Three cheers for gluttony! LARS!.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.