Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello From San Diego
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Lost Highway
Hello, very happy to be here, I have only tried 3 different absinthe types, but I hope to expand my knowledge and share stories with fellow fans of this wonderful drink
Absomphe
Welcome. abs-cheers.gif

I'm wondering if you've actually tried absinthe yet…aside from the awful (and certainly not absinthe) Absinth Original, what were the other two brands you've sampled?
Lost Highway
I tried La Fee Parisian, and a jade that my friend had. And I currently have a bottle of Jade PF 1901 on the way, it should be here on mon or tue!!!!
Absomphe
I guess you've experienced the genuine article then, at least as far as the Jade is concerned.

If you're looking for future choices, I'd go with the 1797, Doubs Mystique, and particularly the Belle Amie second run, which is due to be released by the end of the year.
Lost Highway
Funny you say that! I have a bottle of Belle Amie on hold for me when they put it out again!!
Doctor Love

Hi Lost Highway (trippy movie btw), I'm just up the road in OC. Welcome to the forum! Locally you should be able to get Kübler 53 and Lucid from BevMo, both are reasonable. St. George is an unusual absinthe made in the Bay Area that's probably available also, but it's a tad pricey at $75/bottle. One of the most recent arrivals is Sirene out of Chicago, I don't know if they've started distributing to SoCal yet but it's a decent absinthe and shipping from Chicago sure as heck beats courier from London.

The Jade PF1901 is very good, I think you'll be happy with your decision to order!
Lost Highway
I tried lucid, and honestly, I was not very impressed.
Nephrite
Greetings fellow San Diegian. abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.