Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Raymond Thi 1914
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Marc
After more than a year of negotiations, I’ve finally acquired a bottle of absinthe Raymond Thi.
It has been produced by a small artisanal distiller from the Poitou-Charentes region and bottled at 65° (according to the label, I’ve tested it at 66°) in a very nice Grande Chartreuse bottle.
The bottle has been found in the cellar of a very old bistrot 5 years ago, it has been seated upright for nearly a century and both the cork and level are perfect.
As you can see on the pictures, the louche is great. As for the taste, it is surprisingly very similar to Edouard Pernod with an alcohol maybe slightly more biting.

For the connoisseurs’ interest, I’m selling only five 6cl samples from it, no more.
If you’re interested in tasting a unique and unknown vintage absinthe, contact me.
This opportunity won’t happen again!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Update : 3 samples are already sold.
Marc
Sold out!
Donnie Darko
There seems to be a flood of extremely rare vintage Absinthes recently. Oxy's find of the Neufchatel Swiss Verte and the 1880 Edouard make me wonder if we're reaching "Peak vintage" and that within a few years offerings of new vintage findings will be rarer and rarer…
Ricki
Ahh damn.. missed it! I was going to PM you again tonight mthulli… please pm me if you have any other vintage absinthe that you would like to part with.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jun 6 2008, 05:20 PM) *

There seems to be a flood of extremely rare vintage Absinthes recently. Oxy's find of the Neufchatel Swiss Verte and the 1880 Edouard make me wonder if we're reaching "Peak vintage" and that within a few years offerings of new vintage findings will be rarer and rarer…

I think that's very likely.
Marc
What a good businessman Oxy is wink.gif

You forgot to add that we've reached the peak for glasses and spoons too, now they're getting rarer and rarer..
The Standard Deviant
Was that Raymond Thi on ebay about a year ago?
Marc
I don't remember it was, the seller was selling Chartreuse back in 2007, that's why I contacted him first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.