Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boveresse 2008 - Pat & Mthuilli photos
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Marc
IPB Image

Thanks Pat, I like the banner!

Wednesday

Emile Pernot Distillery. Damn I couldn’t taste the Vieux pontarlier!

Sorry no photo

Thursday

Great sunny day in the beautiful old village of Château-Chalon visiting some winemakers renowned for their wonderful “Vin Jaune” and "Château-Chalon" wines:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Vintage Vin Jaune & Château-Chalon:

IPB Image

1874 on the left, 1781 on the right:

IPB Image
Marc
Nice lunch in a nice place:

IPB Image

More wine tasting:

IPB Image

On the way back to Pontarlier we decided to stop and have some trappist beers and a snails pâté:

IPB Image

Does anyone have photos of thursday evening party in Dom & Tanguy's room?
Marc
Friday

On the way to Boveresse buying some sausages:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lunch at the Napoléon restaurant that offers a wonderful view on Fleurier, Couvet, Boveresse & Motiers:

IPB Image

In front of the Soliat Chalet:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Me, Standard Deviant and Pat:

IPB Image

Peter and Pat:

IPB Image

Oxy & Klaas:

IPB Image
Marc
Aperitif outside the Chalet:

IPB Image

Nico and his beloved guitar:

IPB Image

The cheese fondue with Hartsmar cooking some Swedish beverage. Dom, is Tanguy dead?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now we’re all really drunk:

IPB Image

On the way back:

IPB Image
Marc
Xitty Couvet Discotheque. Standard Deviant dancing (Um yes, let's say "dancing") on some teen music while Sophie tries to escape:

IPB Image

C.A. Bugnon, Peter Fuss and Mike from Alandia. Yep Claude-Alain, you're right, 3 days without sobering:

IPB Image

While we are at the discotheque, some others are in the hotel parking lot having some trappist beers:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Very nice pic from Pat:

IPB Image
Marc
Saturday

Nico’s den. Xitloads of La Bleue:

IPB Image

Having fun Ted?

IPB Image

What about you Helfrich?

IPB Image

And you Peter?

IPB Image

Outside of Nico’s den with the green faeries:

IPB Image

IPB Image
dom_lochet
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 16 2008, 04:05 PM) *

Dom, is Tanguy dead?

Yup. He dies quite often. He's actually much better than Jesus at that resurrection thing.
Marc
Let’s get the 80’s party starting!

IPB Image

Yeah Sixer, I agree, the music is sooooo fuckin' cool!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Tequila shots:

IPB Image

John & Mike:

IPB Image

John & Peter:

IPB Image

Me & Pat:

IPB Image

Me & John (yeah I know, small red eyes):

IPB Image
Marc
5am on the way back, freezing on that looooong fuckin’ road:

IPB Image

Helfrich has had enough, and he's off!

IPB Image

Sunday

Oh my head! fuck I’m getting old!
Sausage fest:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mansinthemobile:

IPB Image

Monday

Let me have a look at the souvenirs I’ve brought back.
L’Italienne (thanks Stefano, your stuff is damn good!), Helfrich Blanche (merci Serge, I love your Blanche!), some samples (thanks Mike and Hartsmar), some cancoillote, some sausages, some snails ready-cooked dishes, some vin jaune and some val de travers A.a. :

IPB Image
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 16 2008, 10:23 AM) *

Tequila shots:

Has there ever been a moment in history where Tequila shots occurred, and then everything went quite well afterwards? Why Absinthe was banned but Tequila never has been is beyond my comprehension.
absinthist
Patlow
Finally home from the trip. Never wound up leaving Switzerland which turned out to be a very cool country. One highlight was in Geneva after the Italians beat France in the 2008 Euro Cup and proceeded to march down to Round de Rive and burn a French flag chanting in Italian, "Fuck the French, Fuck the French!!!" (Sorry Marc, but it was FUNNY, I have it on video!).

But on a more serious note, thanks to everyone for their coolness and generosity. All-in-all, it was a very positive experience. Great fun to finally put faces and attach personalities to all of the forum "characters" I've known for so long here.

Thanks for the vintage David, and for the bottle Stephano, for the cigarettes Helfrich, the BBQ - Matter-Luginbühl, and for the best beers I ever had, Dom!

I can't wait for the fall Abisinthiades!

Now I am going to go to a grocery store that has 800 types of vegetables which will be discarded in a few days, maybe grab a Starbucks burnt™ coffee and enjoy some air-conditioning and a Coors Light. wink.gif
SoulShade
Has there ever been a moment in history where Tequila shots occurred, and then everything went quite well afterwards? Why Absinthe was banned but Tequila never has been is beyond my comprehension.

One of the best questions I've heard asked.

I love those pictures of the countryside…'have to get there one of these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.