Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland Absinthe?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Pages: 1, 2
Provenance
From the Seattle Times
Portland's distilleries: After a wave of craft breweries, Portlanders are making whiskey, brandy, grappa and even absinthe.

Tibro
Teaser.
Zman
It's too bad that the Seattle Times didn't try to look a little closer to home for some absinthe information.
Provenance
I've heard rumors that there's going to absinthe near Seattle.
Donnie Darko
OH
MY
GOD

G&C
Pacific Distillery.

Nice place.
Nice equipment.

G&C
I've heard the Gin is really good.
eric
And the Absinthe will more than likely surpass anything currently on the market.
eric
'Bout Fukin Time!
Grim
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jun 16 2008, 02:51 PM) *

OH
MY
GOD

blink.gif
I take it you're just findin' out…

What great things are on the horizon!
Don't worry. I'm just as excited, Donnie.
Donnie Darko
Yes, just finding out. Haven't had time to keep up with much lately, distractions everywhere. I don't want to overhype anything of course, nothing is really known for sure until the bottle lands in the hands of consumers, but this is the most excited I've ever been about an absinthe endeavor because of A) it's happening right here on US soil and B) the proven abilities, thorough and rigorous work ethic and no-compromise approach of the maker. A+B=exciting.

I expect demand to greatly exceed supply…
Grim
A + A+ = Badass Absinthe.
Donnie Darko
Another equation that works is A+A++B=Can o' Absinthe whoopass.
Grim
Fo' shiz.
Donnie Darko
Da shiz gonna be deelizz.
Provenance
The end of imported absinthe.
Jaded Prole
Indeed™!
Selmac
You're making bunny cry.
SoulShade
Sounds exciting. 'Look forward to more on this…
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Grim @ Jun 16 2008, 06:08 PM) *
What great things are on the horizon!

Watching the horizon.

Alan
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jun 16 2008, 08:22 PM) *
I think that there is still a good demand in the USA for imported beers, vodka, etc.
Donnie Darko
Imported Absinthe won't go away, nor do I want it to. Tempus Fugit is supposedly going to bring us some fantastic imported stuff, and I'm glad they are.

What I do want to go away is having to order online and pay shipping costs which equal or exceed the cost of the bottle, with the only option on getting a "deal" being to order 3 bottles, thus saving a bit on shipping but getting further screwed by the exchange rate.

Donnie Darko
The other way "imported Absinthe" won't go away is I'll bet you money that Pacifique is going to be imported by discriminating Absintheurs in Europe, at a very favorable exchange rate…
Provenance
Imported absinthe won't go completely away but most imported absinthe will be available through normal commercial channels at competitive prices. I expect the mail order absinthe business to largely dry up with the possible exception of Czechsinth.

Alternatively, it would take only two or three high profile cases of absinthe-related stupidity for it to be banned again in the States.
Doctor Love

NY TIMES: Crazed teen kills 24, claims "THE THUJ0NE MADE ME DO IT!"

Alan
Or this
Pataphysician
Hmm. What's next? "Man Dies Of Absinthe And Bullet In Head"?
Provenance
As long as the lead was tjone-free, the bullet shouldn't be a problem.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jun 16 2008, 09:22 PM) *

Damn, it's good to live so close to the Center of the Absinthe Universe™! LARS!.gif
hartsmar
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jun 17 2008, 09:02 AM) *

The other way "imported Absinthe" won't go away is I'll bet you money that Pacifique is going to be imported by discriminating Absintheurs in Europe, at a very favorable exchange rate…

That is likely, sir. Looking forward to it actually. I love spending dollars at this moment.
Marc
Indeed! Vive le dollar!
hartsmar
...as long as you're not selling anything...
Steve
Bastards! Euro-trash!
Provenance
The Euro is anything but trash.
hartsmar
And AFAIK, the Pacifique won't be either.
Provenance
It won't be another basil-tarragon brandy?
Provenance
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jun 17 2008, 03:50 PM) *
It's good to live so close to the Center of the Absinthe Universe™!
Absomphe may be right.
G&C
Indeed.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jun 18 2008, 09:23 AM) *

The Euro is anything but trash.

Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup renderings are woth a lot, too.

They're still trash.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jun 18 2008, 02:48 PM) *

Absomphe may be right.

One more, and my busted watch is in serious trouble.
Grim
Quit padding, hooker…

I tried some of the "COM 3" from Pacific. If it's any indication… Z's distillery will have a very bright future. Fuck that, the stuff is artful. He's got a knack for nailing quality herb.
Absomphe
Indeed he does.

And watch that blood sugar, bitch.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Grim @ Jun 18 2008, 08:10 PM) *

He's got a knack for nailing quality herb.

Note to TTB, this is a not a reference to using Marijuana in Absinthe, it is a joke, no distiller would ever do that, and by "Herb" Grim means quality traditional ingredients to Absinthe, none of which have anything to do with drugs.

Seriously though, I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Every other US absinthe that I've heard about, I'm taking the cautiously optimistic wait-and-see approach. For what PD will put out, I don't have the slightest reservation about assuming it's going to make a lot of people fall in love with Absinthe all over again, including myself.
SoulShade
Sounds like I need to save some pennies, a lot of pennies.
Sleeper
Jesus Christ I'm right at the source.
Wilson
Jesus is distilling absinthe? That's gonna mean they will have to take the time to louche all those little cups at the alter. The service is going to take a lot longer.
Wilson
I know. Maybe he won't strike me down. I figure he has a great sense of humor. After all the jokes he has pulled on me, I should be able to get one in once in a while.
Zman
QUOTE(Sleeper @ Jun 18 2008, 07:14 PM) *

Jesus Christ I'm right at the source.

Um, no. Close, but no.
Steve
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jun 18 2008, 05:53 PM) *

For what PD will put out, I don't have the slightest reservation about assuming it's going to make a lot of people fall in love with Absinthe all over again, including myself.

I am in complete agreement with Donnie here.
Provenance
I may even resume drinking gin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.