Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New absinthe from Gaudentia Persoz
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Lord Stanley
As most of you probably know, LdF is offering 2 new absinthes - La Ptite Douce and La Valdela Verte - from Gaudentia Persoz, the distiller of La Ptite la Bleue. I've been wanting to try the original one for a while as it seems to be well reviewed. LdF's 3-for-2 offer sounds like a tempting deal but, with exchange rates as they are, I've been a bit more cautious with my purchases.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new offerings and could offer some opinions.
hartsmar
The Verte is not the best verte you can get. It's much along the same line as most of the swiss vertes really. A slightly bitter dry taste from coloring. However, the Val detraverte is the best of those swiss vertes. (Not counting Bugnon's Angelique which is more of a traditional verte really and with his latest modifications at least a bit less bitter but still not good enough for my taste...)
The douce is a good Bleue just as the original P'tit which is really nice.
Lord Stanley
Thanks, hartsmar. I saw your review of the verte but it's almost a year old and LdF is billing these absinthes as new releases. Maybe just new products in relation to their site. I was hoping that the recipe might have been tweaked over that time since your review wasn't too favourable.

Has that absinthe actually been around for awhile or did you review a prototype?
G&C
Christ, Stanley.
You're sounding like a newb.
Conte d'Ugenta
The Valdetra Verte was even at Boveresse 2007, already in commerce.
It's a very strange absinthe; it is suposed to be a verte, but is very light green and after louche is amost completely white as a louched blanche. In its features it is far closer to a blanche than to a verte, but it also got something more than a plain la bleue. I'd say it's a blanche verte (not a verte blanche PA), it carrys some features of plain La Ptit (which is one of my favourite La Bleue, along with the very good 2 years old wine alcohol Clandestine drunk in Bugnon distillery) with some very light herbal scents and a very refreshing taste. I'd actually say Valdetra Verte would be my choice if I'd have to chose an absinthe to drink in a very hot afternoon. In the end it's very pleasant in my opinion, easy to drink, obviously don't pretending kick ass features like Jades, Pernot's last absinthes, etc.

Helfrich
I guess I find Gaudentia's massage studio more interesting than her distillery after all.
hartsmar
QUOTE(Lord Stanley @ Jun 18 2008, 04:20 AM) *

Thanks, hartsmar. I saw your review of the verte but it's almost a year old and LdF is billing these absinthes as new releases. Maybe just new products in relation to their site. I was hoping that the recipe might have been tweaked over that time since your review wasn't too favourable.

Has that absinthe actually been around for awhile or did you review a prototype?

It was a final version for sale in Boveresse 2007. Yes, they have changed the recipe a bit since then and it isn't as bitter anymore, which is why I said it's the better one of those new odd Swiss "vertes". None of them being all that green but rather pale with a liiiitle hint of green in them.
Absomphe
QUOTE(G&C @ Jun 18 2008, 05:56 AM) *

Christ, Stanley.

That's what I was thinking, as well.

Who is this impostor?
Gertz
As long as the boobs keep bouncing, I don't care what he sounds like.
Steve
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jun 18 2008, 07:02 AM) *

It was a final version for sale in Boveresse 2007. Yes, they have changed the recipe a bit since then and it isn't as bitter anymore, which is why I said it's the better one of those new odd Swiss "vertes". None of them being all that green but rather pale with a liiiitle hint of green in them.

And a liiitle hint of A.a. (as in Ordinaire's blunder) in the liiiitle hint of green. At the time I thought the Valdetra Verte was odd but good (-ish, my memory is a bit foggy), but the Angelique was heinous -- it's good to hear it's been modified.

I love Gaudentia's La P'tite, it's by far my favorite commercial blanche, so I'm looking forward to trying the Douce next time I order.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jun 18 2008, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(G&C @ Jun 18 2008, 05:56 AM) *

Christ, Stanley.

That's what I was thinking, as well.

Who is this impostor?

Well, I haven't tried any of her absinthes so they're new to me. I'm just trying to figure out if they're worth a try or if I should just stick with Clandestine or whatever. Haven't had any La Bleue on hand for a while.

Anyone know which one has the highest thujone level? tongue.gif
hartsmar
The highest chop.gif level can be found in the only true authentic absinthe that comes from blind czech monks that live on a mountain, in a cave, under the sea, over the hill, in a trailer down by the river.

Other than that, I'd say the Perzos' absinthes are worth a try.
Provenance
Fool, everyone knows authentic hallucinogenic absinthe can be made only by nubile French virgins.
dakini_painter
Dang!

I should have been born French.
Jaded Prole
Close enough.
Helfrich
I should have been born a nubile virgin.
Provenance
Don't care much about having a long shelf life do you?
Helfrich
Alcohol soaked hellbitches are made to measure.
G&C
QUOTE(Gertz @ Jun 18 2008, 08:59 AM) *
As long as the boobs keep bouncing, I don't care what he sounds like.

Little girl cartoon boobs.

You must not get out much.
Absomphe
He'd prolly bust a nut over Erin the Esurance mascot.
Wilson
Oh yeah. She's hot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.