Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Chicago
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
artguy
Hey everyone. I bought my first bottle of absinthe last week, Amer 72. Still waiting for it to arrive. I've also been looking at a place to get it locally. Apparently a distiller in Chicago makes some, North Shore Sirene Absinthe Verte is the name of it. Has anyone tried this, would this be a highly infeirier absinthe to buy. Well I guess I'll find out. After I finish my Amer 72 I will probably buy the Chicago brand for costs sake. But from what I've read Jade is supposed to be very nice. Well, I'll let you all know what I think as soon as I sip my first glass. Hopefully it'll be here by tomarrow.
dom_lochet
QUOTE(artguy @ Jun 27 2008, 07:34 AM) *
Hopefully it'll be here by tomarrow.

Intra-osseous absinthe injection? blink.gif

Oh, by the way, welcome!
Wilson
Welcome. abs-cheers.gif

Definately give the Sirene a try. I have not managed to get my hands on a bottle of it yet, but everyone who has, seems to like it.
G&C
I've never tried donkey ball sweat either, but I've heard it's rather tasty.
Steve
QUOTE(Wilson @ Jun 27 2008, 03:34 AM) *

everyone who has, seems to like it.

Um, no. It's not horrible but I wouldn't say I like it.
Shabba53
Where you like it or not (I do), Sirene is a hell of a lot better than Lemercier 72.
Provenance
FORUM ETIQUETTE:

6) CORRECT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR: We’re strongly in favor of it. It’s an elementary courtesy to your fellow members to express yourself clearly, lucidly and correctly. If you can’t spell, use a spell-checker. Allowances will of course be made for members who are not native English speakers (who are also welcome to post in their own language).
Wilson
O.K. I take it back. Don't try it. Spoon didn't like it.

I am so sorry my spelling offended you Provenance. If you need me to retype the line so that you can understand what I wrote, please let me know. I will be more than happy to help you. I wouldn't want you sitting there confused.
Steve
I didn't say don't try it. I said I didn't exactly like it, in response to your statement "everybody who has tried it likes it". I like some things that others don't, and vice versa. It's good to try lots of things.
Absomphe
QUOTE(G&C @ Jun 27 2008, 05:58 AM) *

I've never tried donkey ball sweat either, but I've heard it's rather tasty.

From whom?

Nevermind, I don't really want to know.
artguy
Yeah, my Amer 72 just arrived. Sweet! I'll be drinking a glass tonight after I get back from work. I will visit back here afterward. abs-cheers.gif
Also, I won't be trying the Chicago brand until this one is gone. So it'll be a little while before I let you know what I think of it.
Steve
Shabba is right about this:
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Jun 27 2008, 07:04 AM) *
Sirene is a hell of a lot better than Lemercier 72.
Nephrite
For donkey ball sweat, Sirène is pretty good. Not my favorite but better than most of the stuff sold in the US. Welcome abs-cheers.gif
Doctor Love
Sirene is tasty, to some folks around here if it doesn't taste like pre-ban dripping off the boobs.gif of a supermodel they proclaim it to be poop.gif , get used to it abs-cheers.gif

artguy
well i just had my first glass about 20 minutes ago. It's a nice feeling, I feel a bit warm though, and I have air conditioning, is that normal.
artguy
Well, it's been a nice weekend. I got my bottle of Amer 72 on Friday morning. I had a glass Friday night, and went to a house warming on Saturday where I had 2 glasses. I must say that I like the taste. It does not taste too strong where it's burning my throat and it really helped, I believe, pouring the water over a sugar cube or two. From what reviews I've read about Amer 72, it really helps with this particular brand. I felt very calm, very talkative and, oddly very close to the group I was with. Even though only one of them tried a glass and he only had one. I look forward to next weekend where I'll try 3 glasses and see how that goes. Sadly with the new baby, I hardly have time to have people over or go out, so I'll have to make due on my own.
Guru Antar Singh
QUOTE(artguy @ Jun 27 2008, 12:34 AM) *

Apparently a distiller in Chicago makes some, North Shore Sirene Absinthe Verte is the name of it.

I'm originally from Chicago and will be driving up for a few days this weekend. While I'm there, I'll be picking up a case of Sirene. I haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to indulging in Absinthe from my home city. If you haven't had one already, I'd be more than happy to share a glass.
G&C
I'll be picking up a case of Sirene. I haven't tried it yet…

That's intelligent.
Tibro
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Jun 27 2008, 03:04 PM) *

Where you like it . . .

QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Jun 27 2008, 07:31 PM) *

. . . dripping off the boobs.gif of a supermodel

Feel the synergy.
Guru Antar Singh
QUOTE(G&C @ Nov 12 2008, 12:01 AM) *

I'll be picking up a case of Sirene. I haven't tried it yet…

That's intelligent.

If you're referring to the act of buying more than one needs, even if one does not particularly enjoy the brand, merely to use for trade or gift with other collectors… then thanks.
Absomphe
…™.

Welcome, Guru. abs-cheers.gif
sixela
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Jun 27 2008, 07:31 PM) *

like pre-ban dripping off the boobs.gif of a supermodel

I have the pre-ban, but I have yet to find anyone to supply me with the requisite supermodel.
Patlow
We'll get you one for X-mas!
Guru Antar Singh
I bought a bottle of Sirene Verte this weekend. Overall, sparing any redundant content which will be able to be read in my review, this brand was very decent and is a superb recommendation for those who enjoy the stronger hughs of anise upon the palate. I also picked up a bottle of La Muse Pastis. Most absinthelects don't care for the pastis' but I recommend this for anyone who enjoys a smooth mid-day sip at a cheaper cost. The only downfall is that there is a strong licorice taste which, when mixed with the anise, is a little overwhelming at first. Both of these spirits are a prime example of when beauty meets strength. Enjoy!
Steyr850
So, did you buy a case?
Guru Antar Singh
QUOTE(Steyr850 @ Nov 18 2008, 08:06 AM) *

So, did you buy a case?

I ordered a case online as it was cheaper than purchasing from a retailer. The North Shore Distillery are not able to sell directly.
Patlow
I think people here enjoy quality pastis.
OCvertDe
I likes me some Henri Bardouin.
Rimbaud
"hughs of anise?"
Guru Antar Singh
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Nov 20 2008, 11:22 AM) *

"hughs of anise?"

Must of had two glasses too many when I typed that… CORRECTION: Hues (play on words using a color differentiating term to describe taste within our favorite green concoction).
absinthist
Me likes Boggy Pastis and Pastis Prado as examples of l'ancienne and de Marseille.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.