Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drank some lucid this weekend
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2
digitallysick
it took all i could to choke it down and not gag it back up, had 2 glasses. I hope not all absinthe is like that
dakini_painter
1. Please use upper as well as lower case.

2. What didn't you like about it?

digitallysick
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Jun 29 2008, 08:55 PM) *

what does it matter what case i use? irrelevant to the topic, the strong black liquorish taste , and the strange aftertaste
Steve
One Entrance Hall thread per newbie, please. Thanks.
Wild Bill Turkey
All alcoholic drinks will taste liquorish, just as all absinthe will taste of licorice. Typing and spelling do count, you'll be graded on them later and found wanting.
Zman
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jun 29 2008, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Jun 29 2008, 08:55 PM) *

what does it matter what case i use? irrelevant to the topic, the strong black liquorish taste , and the strange aftertaste

Then obviously absinthe is not for you. All real absinthe has a predominant flavor of anise. Lucid is a fair example of the anise profile for real absinthe.
speedle
The neat thing about being digitallysick is you can just hit the delete key. Works for me.
Absomphe
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jun 29 2008, 01:18 PM) *

it took all i could to choke it down and not gag it back up, had 2 glasses. I hope not all absinthe is like that

It took all the patience I could muster to wade through the most interminable, barely more than one line posts I've had to suffer through.

I hope all future n00bians are not like that. cdog-plain.gif
Wilson
QUOTE(Wilson @ Jun 28 2008, 12:16 PM) *

Wow! 7 posts to get an introduction. Don't worry, the folks here will hammer you into shape.

Go to DrinkUpNY.com and order some Kubler and some Lucid to start with. This will give you a verte and a blanch to try. This is your cheapest route to a couple of bottles of real absinthe. You can branch out from there if you decide that you like the taste.

Just be glad you did not order a of bottle of Jade from LdF at $150 to find out that you do not like anise. You still have something nice on your bar for your guests.
speedle
Where's leever when ya need him?
Pataphysician
And yet, felt compelled to register and post on an absinthe website. Next, sex with a goat and report in on a bestiality forum. "Hope all goats aren't like that."
Doctor Love

The real question is if you wanted to gag after the first glass, why did you have a second? blink.gif
Poke Salad Papa
w00t2.gif Love I luv dat question!
Tibro
Probably realized we would be disappointed if he was unsuccessful in his choking endeavor. I know I am.
Marc
QUOTE(Zman @ Jun 30 2008, 12:22 AM) *

Then obviously Fée Verte is not for you.

G&C
Absinthe sucks.
Tastes like black licorice.

I only like the red kind.
absinthist
Blue is more attractive. Not counting the black.
dom_lochet
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Jun 30 2008, 05:50 AM) *

The real question is if you wanted to gag after the first glass, why did you have a second? blink.gif

Because one glass is not enough to make you Trip Ballz™ of course.
sixela
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jun 29 2008, 11:08 PM) *

what does it matter what case i use?

Errare humanum est, in errore perseverare stultum; it is human to make a mistake, it is stupid to persist in it.

You look like a fool, and an unrepentant one at that. If that doesn't matter to you, then go right ahead.

DRX
No surprise or mystery why we haven't heard from this poor guy again after the way he was treated.
digitallysick
This forum is full of assholes really that seem to stray from topic with small jokes or ideals that impress all of 5 people on the internet, but i will give a n00b review

I ordered a bottle of Angelique Verte Suisse 72abv, i read some reviews online and it sounded good. I got it from www.eabsinthe.com , which had excellent service, and super fast shipping. I will shop there again. So i got the bottle in about 2 to 3 days time from Europe to the USA. Tonight i poured a small glass, i noticed the smell to start with is lighter than that of Lucid, the taste is amazing compared to lucid. The Anise was very light, but with a slight (and i mean very slight, almost not noticeable) bitter taste, its as if the taste changed from start to end. A tiny glass, and you can feel the effects of the high proof , but its so smooth you can just sip and enjoy.

Lucid, each time i drank some i would have to shut my eyes and concentrate to hold it down, for me, the anise is far to strong.

So over all i feel the purchase was well worth the $90.00 i paid for it. I will shop again!
DRX
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jul 1 2008, 10:07 PM) *

This forum is full of assholes really that seem to stray from topic with small jokes or ideals that impress all of 5 people on the internet

Yes, and it isn't hard for anyone to check and see all those who came here to discuss our common interest in Absinthe, only to read them all cut down with insults from their very first posts, and then not one more post from any of them for months or years after.

Perhaps if we group together, when other new people come around, we can let them know there are a few of us they can depend on to discuss Absinthe without name calling, insults, or ridiculous one liners that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It's sad that the good people that we want to attract and keep here are going to read a few of these threads and never even bother to register or log in. Just seeing the titles of most of these threads is not exactly going to attract anything but the 5 of the trouble makers here that are going to give Absinthe a bad name again, even before it has a chance with this fresh new start it has been given.

Kirk
Who do you imagine gave it this. . .
how you say;
fresh new start?
Absomphe
Jeebus, Kirk, isn't it obvious?

He did, of course.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 2 2008, 06:24 AM) *

QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jul 1 2008, 10:07 PM) *

This forum is full of assholes really that seem to stray from topic with small jokes or ideals that impress all of 5 people on the internet

Yes, and it isn't hard for anyone to check and see all those who came here to discuss our common interest in Absinthe, only to read them all cut down with insults from their very first posts, and then not one more post from any of them for months or years after.

Perhaps if we group together, when other new people come around, we can let them know there are a few of us they can depend on to discuss Absinthe without name calling, insults, or ridiculous one liners that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It's sad that the good people that we want to attract and keep here are going to read a few of these threads and never even bother to register or log in. Just seeing the titles of most of these threads is not exactly going to attract anything but the 5 of the trouble makers here that are going to give Absinthe a bad name again, even before it has a chance with this fresh new start it has been given.

DRX:
I've been away from the forum for the last week or so, so I only now have had the opportunity to read the posts you've made since joining three days ago. I have also now had the chance to read your profile, a copy of which I am attaching below.

You're coming across as laughably ignorant, chippy, unselfaware and, if you'll forgive me for saying so, the likely possessor of a very, very small dick.

If this is indeed the real you, there's not much point in you contributing further here.

If on the other hand, this is all merely an online persona you've constructed, I have to tell you, it's not a good one. Go back to the drawing board.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jul 2 2008, 06:07 AM) *

This forum is full of assholes

Criticism of the forum from members who've been here less than a week displeases me, digitallysick.

Let's just leave it at that, for now.
Marc
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jul 2 2008, 05:53 AM) *

You're coming across as laughably ignorant, chippy, unselfaware and, if you'll forgive me for saying so, the likely possessor of a very, very small dick.

I was missing you boss abs-cheers.gif

QUOTE(DRX Profile)

Interests: Researching the behaviour of lower class trash that are not capable of intelligent conversation that think anyone would consider their opinions and "reviews" of Absinthe would be anything but a complete farce after the way they present themselves here.

Yeah sure.

QUOTE(DRX Profile)

Favorite Absinthe: DRX Green Wizard Absinthe

WTF?
sixela
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jul 2 2008, 04:07 AM) *

Tonight i poured a small glass, i noticed the smell to start with is lighter than that of Lucid, the taste is amazing compared to lucid.

Actual *information* in one of your posts? Keep up the good work (and get rid of the attitude and the spam, and please note how nice an erect and capitalised "I" looks when referring to oneself).

No argument from me - I also prefer the Angélique to Lucid, though I still dislike the dry bitterness that even the (now toned down) A. a. colouring leaves at the back of the palate.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jul 2 2008, 12:20 AM) *

He did, of course.

Our hero…
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jul 2 2008, 12:53 AM) *

If this is indeed the real you, there's not much point in you contributing further here.

Unfortunately I think it is the real him. His home page is www.prisonplanet.com, the home site of that looney Texan Alex Jones who tells the world either missiles or thermite or a nuclear ray gun blew up the World Trade Center. Jones has a cultish and evangelical following of yes-men who never really understood that the X-Files was a fictional show.
Bruno Rygseck

A tiny glass, and you can feel the effects of the high proof , but its so smooth you can just sip and enjoy.

Thanks for your quick review… how was the louche, by the way? Did you use sugar?

///BR

Wilson
Unfortunately I think it is the real him. His home page is www.prisonplanet.com, the home site of that looney Texan Alex Jones who tells the world either missiles or thermite or a nuclear ray gun blew up the World Trade Center. Jones has a cultish and evangelical following of yes-men who never really understood that the X-Files was a fictional show.

I hope they don't all decide to hang out here.
Marc
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 2 2008, 12:18 PM) *

who tells the world either missiles or thermite or a nuclear ray gun blew up the World Trade Center.

no.gif
Disillusion…
Right when I was starting to believe that the man who blew up the WTC is Elizabeth II's secret agent who also murdered Diana in Paris.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Bruno Rygseck @ Jul 2 2008, 07:46 AM) *

A tiny glass, and you can feel the effects of the high proof , but its so smooth you can just sip and enjoy.

Thanks for your quick review… how was the louche, by the way? Did you use sugar?

Yeah, I was wondering if he drank it neat. Seemed that way.
dom_lochet
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 2 2008, 01:18 PM) *

understood that the X-Files was a fictional show.

That's exactly what They want you to believe.
absinthist
X-files were kinda fun until they started giving "based on a true story" in the beginning and Chris Carter was talking people into believing that.
Gertz
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jul 2 2008, 01:48 PM) *

Right when I was starting to believe that the man who blew up the WTC is Elizabeth II's secret agent who also murdered Diana in Paris.

Elizabeth II's secret agents use ray guns, don't they? As far as I know, they got the technology from the guys living inside the Earth (which, as we all know, is hollow) - you know, the same folks who abducted Elvis.
dom_lochet
Nah. Elvis is in a retirement home in Texas, fighting an evil Egyptian mummy.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 2 2008, 07:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jul 2 2008, 12:53 AM) *

What?! Next you're going to say there's no Santa.
Conte d'Ugenta
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jul 1 2008, 08:53 PM) *

I just love Oxy's style! So polite even when he's pissed!

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jul 1 2008, 09:27 PM) *

Criticism of the forum from members who've been here less than a week displeases me, digitallysick.

Let's just leave it at that, for now.

digitallysick you managed to displease even the boss, you don't wanna do that.
What's the problem with you man?
Jaded Prole
What's the matter with him?

winnie.gif
Doctor Love

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!
digitallysick
i'm not very worried about who i displease, i am here to discuss absinthe , so i think if your post isn't about absinthe then maybe you have reached the wrong forum? I also don't care about the grammer police , if thats the only way you can try to make yourself seem better than others then maybe you need a support group.

The louche on the angelic verte suisse was lighter than that of the lucid. The first glass i think i dripped the water to fast, it had a good color , but the second glass i think i prepared just right. The 2nd glass had about a 1/4 inch of clearish green colour , the bottom had the light green/yellow opaque look. Wow, was the proof ever strong, i think it comes out to 144 proof, but this was a good clear alcohol.

For instance if you tried a bottle of bacardi 151 and took a sip it would be nasty to the taste almost, but this was different, it was very delightful in taste , i found the bitter at the end to be a surprise twist to the drink, the bitter i was worried about it, but it was very light, hardly noticeable to me, but just enough to enhance the flavour, and seem different. After one small glass, i felt the effects of the drink , the buzz is almost like a mild stimulant , i felt very awake and and alert, but also a little buzzed =)

So my first experience went well. I have to find a better way to drip water on the sugar cubes

Any recommendations for a 2nd bottle to try>? (please dont point me to the buyers guide) personal favs? I thought about trying a blanche but i dont really know the difference in taste
Jaded Prole
Congratulations, if you want to actually learn anything here then
Jaded Prole
Otherwise you're just pissing off a lot of folks who know a xitload more than you do and burning some very important bridges in the process.

So go ahead and say something stupid . . .
G&C
Go to the buyers guide.

Then you can go fuck yourself next to DRX.
Absomphe
QUOTE(digitallysick @ Jul 2 2008, 04:41 PM) *

i'm not very worried about who i displease, i am here to discuss absinthe , so i think if your post isn't about absinthe then maybe you have reached the wrong forum?

Dreckxxx (aka DRX), is that you?

Whether or not it is, please do us all a big favor, and take the advice of the gentleman above you.
eric
I definitely vote that doctor ecks and vegetable stick should both go fuck themselves.
speedle
As distinguished from them fucking each other.
Absomphe
Nothing distinguished about that image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.