Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N.O. Absinthe Museum?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Provenance
New Orleans City Business
Commission bottlenecks absinthe museum

A museum dedicated to all things absinthe cannot open until the Vieux Carre Commission approves the property at 823 Royal St. for use as a museum.

The Absinthe Museum of America, being touted as the first of its kind in the country, is scheduled to open July 19.

Cary René Bonnecaze, one of the co-founders of the museum, said he already operates a store, Vive La France, out of that location, and he didn’t expect any delays in the July 19 opening of the museum.

But VCC officials disagreed, saying the site is approved for commercial uses, not as a museum.

A VCC public hearing is set for Aug. 22 to consider approving the site as a museum. Bonnecaze must submit floor plans and an architectural rendering to the VCC as part of the approval process.

The VCC said a museum is among the list of uses that can be approved for that site.

thegreenimp
Or you could go down a few blocks and see some old Herbsaint junk that day. harhar.gif
Provenance
A superior alternative.
eric
Kind of sounds like the guy wants to sell modern accessories and just call it a "Museum".
thegreenimp
I understand that the majority of the absinthe antiques are from the private collection of a local NOLA collector, that has an impressive collection of absinthe antiques.

I've talked with him before, and he seems to be an okay person.
Shabba53
He already sells the accessories. This will be separate from that.
SoulShade
I'd check it out if in town…
Kirk
From what Rene told me last year when I was there, I gathered that the original plan included some well known over seas collectors to be involved but I don't know if that panned out.
Marc
Involved Frenchman Phil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.