Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obama is the anti-christ
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Donnie Darko
My dad sent me this. The minister of his friend's church sent him this email:

"A trivia question in Sunday School : How long is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelation? Guess the answer?
Revelation Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months. And you know what that is? Almost a four-year term for the President.
According to The Book of Revelation, the anti-Christ will be a man in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal. The prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace. And when he is in power, he will destroy everything.
Is it OBAMA? I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as you can! Each opportunity you have to send it to a friend or media outlet…do it!
Don’t take a chance on this unknown candidate who came out of nowhere."

I'm just really crestfallen because I thought all this time that I was the anti-christ, and here this Obama guy comes along and steals my thunder. What did impress me in this email though was that apparently The Book of Revelation predicted the existence of Islam about 700-800 years before it was founded…. or else the pastor just made all that shit up. In any case, I am following his urgent instructions and reposting what he said as many times as I can, because I don't want to take a chance on this unknown candidate that came out of nowhere (i.e. the bowels of Hell).
DRX
I think this is very offensive and insulting to anti-Christs to compare them to poop.gif Hussein Obama.

Kirk
I'm finding your presence rather offending.
DRX
QUOTE(Kirk @ Jul 1 2008, 08:35 PM) *

I'm finding your presence rather offending.

What does one call someone who finds one offensive, and yet makes sure to stalk that person and read everything they post?

Definately not "intelligent" evill.gif
Wilson
Many of us read every post. I agree with Kirk. You are offensive. Like an unwashed vagina.gif. Put your drawers on and go home.
Patlow
This is the most annoying thing to happen here in a while, but this piss ant will be gone soon and sure enough.
DRX
QUOTE(Wilson @ Jul 1 2008, 08:57 PM) *

Many of us read every post. I agree with Kirk. You are offensive.

LOL! Next to anyone else that has posted here, I am the least offensive.

Are you READING what these theads are titled? Have you seen anyone other than myself try to have an intelligent discussion going on here that is constantly taken over by random one-liners, insults and trash talk?

You had the oportunity to have someone here who produces Absinthe, and after reading through a few of these threads has never posted anything after the introduction.

Seems like no one here wants to talk about Absinthe, and if anyone brings it up, god help them.

Let's all take note at every new thead that is started here in the next two weeks and see if any of them will contain any intelligent talk, or anything interesting relating to Absinthe.

I hope to be proven wrong. abs-cheers.gif
speedle
I thought you were just a douchebag until I see that you're from Chicago. Now I know you're much worse than that for giving my hometown a bad name. The second you're gone won't be one second too soon.
G&C
Apocalypse!

I find myself in full agreement with speedle.
Kirk
Definately not "intelligent"

When speculating in writing about perceived intelligence of another,
it undermines your point to misspell "intelligence .
speedle
Ha!
Wild Bill Turkey
Ha!
And "definitely", as well IPB Image
Tibro
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 2 2008, 04:13 AM) *

Have you seen anyone other than myself try to have an intelligent discussion going on here that is constantly taken over by random one-liners, insults and trash talk?

WTF? I have yet to see you show any signs of intelligence. And the abuse you're earning is not random.
sixela
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 2 2008, 03:13 AM) *

LOL! Next to anyone else that has posted here, I am the least offensive.

And falsely modest: you really are quite an irritating little prick.

That "LOL!" was so in character, by the way. Perfect, just perfect.

I'm starting to wonder if you're not a Dr. O puppet yanking our chains.
Jaded Prole
I am the least offensive.

Only to yourself but then it seems you have quite an exaggerated self image.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 1 2008, 10:13 PM) *

Let's all take note at every new thead that is started here in the next two weeks and see if any of them will contain any intelligent talk, or anything interesting relating to Absinthe.

I find it ironic that someone whose homepage is www.prisonplanet.com is lecturing us on intelligence. What will your superior intellect say to us next? "Barack Obama is going to bring on the New World Order"? "Planted thermite charges took down the WTC on 9/11"? "Wake up sheeple"?

Do tell, Captain IQ. We were desperately needing someone to set us straight, so thank goodness you arrived here in the nick of time. What else can we learn from the internet and talk radio?
absinthist
Tibro
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 2 2008, 01:24 PM) *

We were you needing someone to set us straight,

Geez, now look at what you've done to Donnie. Have mercy, will ya?
Donnie Darko
Let this be a lesson to you all: no posting until you've had your morning coffee or tea.
G&C
Live dangerously.

I never coffee before posting in the morning.
Kirk
the abuse you're earning is not random.

Hah! I wish I had said that.
Shabba53
You will, Wilde, you will.
absinthist
Your Majesty, have you met James McNeill Whistler?
Nymphadora
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 1 2008, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Wilson @ Jul 1 2008, 08:57 PM) *

Many of us read every post. I agree with Kirk. You are offensive.

You had the oportunity to have someone here who produces Absinthe

Seems like no one here wants to talk about Absinthe, and if anyone brings it up, god help them.

DRX: I'm the one that usually spouts nonsense, but I know it is nonsense when I'm doing it. Unlike you. You obviously haven't lurked enough. Want some absinthe talk? Read the detailed FAQ and read the threads of the early years. Absinthe has been discussed politically, chemically, culturally, spiritually, and every other -ly AD NAUSEUM.

Should they rehash every aforementioned aspect of absinthe everytime a Dick or Jane stumbles in here? Or should the Dick just simply use the search key?

So, you produce absinthe. Whoopity-do! Today that is as common as producing iced tea.

These guys have been there, done that, got the T-shirt years ago, and like to discuss other topics of similar interests.
Pataphysician
(Skipping posts #2 - #24)

Someone directed me to a long video that can be summarized this way:

Obama is a muslim, communist, radical christian, nazi. Then I heard Karl Rove say Obama "is the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette." No wonder Obama is going to win by a landslide: he's Everyman.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 1 2008, 10:13 PM) *
You had the oportunity to have someone here who produces Absinthe, and after reading through a few of these threads has never posted anything after the introduction.

Newsflash genius: the owner of this site produces absinthe, some of the best in fact. The master behind Jade has been posting here for years. Several of the long time members who have been spanking you like the obnoxious brat you are happen to be excellent HGers. Most of the newest up and coming US based distillers post here regularly. In light of these details, I fail to see how we're missing out when one "distiller" who doesn't know jack gets offended when corrected and disappears.
It would be in your better interest to do more homework and less talking.
sixela
QUOTE(DRX @ Jul 2 2008, 03:13 AM) *

Let's all take note at every new thead that is started here in the next two weeks

Does that mean you'll be staying here for at least two more weeks, oh mother of all winnie.gifs?
Jaded Prole
Several of the long time members who have been spanking you like the obnoxious brat you are happen to be excellent HGers.

HGers here?!

Oh, my
OCvertDe
Laws no. m-o-o-n, that spells criminals…
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Pataphysician @ Jul 2 2008, 01:39 PM) *

(Skipping posts #2 - #24)

Someone directed me to a long video that can be summarized this way:

Obama is a muslim, communist, radical christian, nazi. Then I heard Karl Rove say Obama "is the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette." No wonder Obama is going to win by a landslide: he's Everyman.

(Skipping posts #2-24, 26-29)

Not only that, he's also black and white, like Michael Jackson. When he's not busy doing cocaine, meeting with Osama Bin Laden, not wearing a flag lapel pin, insisting on being sworn in using the Koran instead of the bible, wearing a turban, refusing to say the pledge of allegiance or laughing as his wife call's white people "Whitey", he still manages to do all those other things you mentioned too. How does this international man of mystery get it all done?

Obviously he's the anti-christ. No human could do all that.
Provenance
I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as you can!

Umm…. Guess you took that to heart.
Donnie Darko
Yep. Who am I to interfere with the free speech of nutters? The whole world should be privy to this guy's crackpot ideas. If you saw a bunch of people wearing haz-mat suits on your block, you'd probably avoid the area, right? I figure the more attention these people get, the more people will avoid them. Or maybe there are enough schmoes out there that they'd all believe Obama is the anti-christ, I don't know.

That, and I'm hoping that the email becomes popular enough that the pastor's political advocacy will draw attention from the IRS, which would jeopardize the tax-exempt status of his congregation.
speedle
I'll pray for that.
Provenance
Elvis died for our sins.
Donnie Darko
Our sins are eating like a pig and taking too many painkillers? That sounds about right.
Provenance
Elvis wept.
Tibro
Elvis died on the pot.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 3 2008, 07:12 AM) *

Elvis died for our sins.

Elvis died for somebody's sins

But not mine.
Provenance
my sins my own
they belong to me, me
Rimbaud
McCain's definition of patriotism.

Vs.

Obama's definition of patriotism.
absinthist
What is their absinthe defintion I would ask.
Pataphysician
Man, those guys talk a lot.
absinthist
"I'm just a politician, I do it all for you
I always answer truthfully, honestly I do
Even if you did not vote, I 'll do my very best
I'm here to get this country, out of such a mess"
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Jul 3 2008, 02:26 PM) *

McCain's definition of patriotism.

Vs.

Obama's definition of patriotism.

Wow. McCain's idea of Patriotism is nothing more than blind Nationalism based on the overly simplistic concept that some brave soldiers died for an idea. Meanwhile all of the other non-militarily heroic individuals don't even get a fucking honorable mention? That's scary. Patriotism isn't just "putting the country first, before party or personal ambition, before anything". That's just stupid Nationalism and one could just as easily be Nationalistic towards China as America. It's also not even remotely ambitious, just some platitudes about why we should worship the Flag that you'll have crammed down your throat at West Point.

Obama (or at least his speech writer) appears to get that Patriotism isn't just either picking up a gun to defend your country or supporting anyone who does. It's about being proud of all the amazing achievements accomplishments of your nation and doing everything in your power to encourage even more of those accomplishments, especially ones which benefit not only your own lines on the map, but all those other people who live outside your map too.

Obama says it all right here:
"One of those memories is sitting on my grandfather's shoulders and watching the Apollo astronauts come ashore in Hawaii. People cheered and waved small flags, and my grandfather explained with pride and assurance how we Americans could accomplish anything we set our minds to do." Going into fucking outer space and the audacity and ingenuity of Americans to save themselves in outer space from death is frankly a whole lot more inspiring and impressive to me than just "putting the country first, being willing to die for freedom, blah blah blah". All of the examples given by Obama at least give the remote impression that being American puts us in a unique position where we might accomplish really amazing things if we can think about something more than just defense and war for a minute or two. McCain seems to think that if we all act like good soldiers then that's good enough. Fuck that. The old man can't even stomach gay people who love each other marrying each other. How far in the past do we really want to stay? ZZZZzzzzzzzz.

Doctor Love

I see your point Donnie. At the same time I would suggest that veterans and those currently serving in the military who actually put their lives on the line for their country are in a unique position to provide significant insight into the substantive meaning of love of country.

I'm not a big fan of either national party, and frankly I don't visit here to discuss politics, but I would say that characterizing McCain's stances as blind nationalism misses the point.

What had originally been looking like an election in which both major parties had opportunities to run very respectful and uniting campaigns, it appears of late that it is once again going to descend into petty sniping. Most unfortunate.

absinthist
"As to the people's capacity of judging of things, it is exceedingly rare that, when they hear two orators of equal talents advocate different measures, they do not decide in favor of the best of the two; which proves their ability to discern the truth of what they hear." - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Discourses. 1517.
Gertz
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 3 2008, 04:38 PM) *

Elvis wept.

Just like Bunny.
Jaded Prole
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." -- Oscar Wilde

One of the things I like about forums like ours is that people come here from many countries. Being "proud of your country" as opposed to any other always struck me as meaningless nonsense. Yes, there are great things about the US and not so great things as well. America made the first big leap in breaking with the dictatorships of monarchy and religion but many other countries have done so since and improved on the idea even as our system became corrupted. People can do great things no matter their nationality.

I think it's time we think as a species and as a planet rather than puffing our chests out about being American or German or French or whatever. You might call that Matriotism -- loyalty to mother earth and to life itself or you might have a drink and forget the whole thing.
Donnie Darko
Prole put it exactly right.

I agree with Dr. Love that those who have literally volunteered to fight for this country have a unique perspective on Patriotism, and that shouldn't be discounted, but it's worth pointing out that that perspective should not supersede all others. I get the impression from McCain's yap-yapping that he thinks the Military idea of Patriotism is the only valid one. I think the person who teaches underprivileged kids in shitty neighborhoods is every bit as heroic as somebody who drops bombs on Islamic radicals. I think the person who spends their life researching disease helps us every bit as much as the person who risks their life to stop bad guys in foreign countries.

Furthermore, all this promoting of local "Patriotism" is insignificant compared to global issues and general human rights, which transcends borders, as Prole rightly points out. The Constitution is great, Jefferson was great, all that stuff is great, etc ad infinitum, but it's also not the end all be all to progress as human beings. Using science and education to benefit the world is frankly the most noble pursuit I can think of, and it makes militaristic loyalty to some lines drawn on a map seem rather short-sighted by comparison.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jul 4 2008, 04:21 AM) *

You might call that Matriotism -- loyalty to mother earth and to life itself

Beautifully coined, and intentioned term, Prole

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for a hostile alien (as in, from outer space) invasion, or some other apocalyptic event, to see that concept flourish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.