Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paul McCartney Live in Québec
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
EdouardPerneau
It was insane some were comming from australia to see him some from the states also … If you weren't there you had Really miss something (even if you aren't a McCartney or beatles fans)
Patlow
If you are neither a McCartney or Beatles fan you probably don't care though.
Provenance
I buried Paul.

-- J. Lennon
Steve
Sounds like torture to me. I loved the Beatles in the 60's (yes I'm old) but I got sick of them shortly after that, and I detest everything McCartney has done since the Beatles split.
Nymphadora
I like some of his stuff with Wings. "Uncle Albert" and "Band on the Run". However, I will shoot the fucker who tries to play "Ebony and Ivory" within my hearing.
eric
McCartney was a total bad ass on the bass.

Check out any live version of "Twist and Shout".

Rimbaud
Yeah, his lines are always very melodic.
Donnie Darko
The walrus was Paul.

I fucking hate his live version of Hey Jude. He just keeps saying "Judie Judie baby, hey Judey, hey, yeah!" for like 10 fucking minutes. I get the impression he really likes himself.
Rimbaud
I don't pay his post-Wings work any attention.

Actually, even Wings I'm only marginally interested in, and even then mostly for reasons of nostalgia.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Jul 22 2008, 09:52 AM) *

Yeah, his lines are always very melodic.

He's no Entwistle, but I guess he's still breathing.
Rimbaud
Entwistle played the bass like a lead instrument. A bit over the top at times. Strange for such a quiet man.
Absomphe
The members of The Who were all leads, a situation that wouldn't have worked for most other bands, but one that seemed to suit them perfectly.
Kirk
That "Eminence Front" piece was killer.
Doctor Love

So much for "I hope I die before I get old."

Jaded Prole
I always thought The Who sucked -- even worse live.
Rimbaud
Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy is the only Who record you need.
Absomphe
Say what you will, Prole, Quadrophenia is a masterpiece.
Provenance
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Jul 23 2008, 08:29 AM) *

Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy is the only CG record you need.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.