Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weak Swedish Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Provenance
Hedgehogs and absinthe
A week before my flight and two-week stay in Sweden, my grandmother sent me a letter via snail mail calling Sweden our "old country." She wrote about where she had lived with my father in Stockholm and how my father fed hedgehogs. It was all very nice, especially since I would miss "nice" while away.
Modern and bright colored couches and lounge areas are in most of the bars I visit. It is difficult to find absinthe unless you really know where to look, and even then, most of it is weak in Sweden.
Provenance
Guess Alan beat me to pointing out the low quality of Swedish absinthe.
hartsmar
The quality on absinthe in bars in Sweden sure is weak. The top brand being Nouvelle-Orléans which is the only one considerable for drinking.
The rest are like a trip 10 years back in time... Deva, La Fée and Kruts Karport in some places, Pere Kermann, Absente and Pernod 68... There are a few other oil mixes as well in some places.

Communikaze
It is the same in Denmark. But that has changed a bit here in 2009 where the first quality absinthe for sale was/is Mansinthe. At present we try to determine the interest by supporting a single shop and a bar.

Small market, small steps - but in the right direction.

QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jul 23 2008, 07:39 PM) *

The quality on absinthe in bars in Sweden sure is weak. The top brand being Nouvelle-Orléans which is the only one considerable for drinking.
The rest are like a trip 10 years back in time… Deva, La Fée and Kruts Karport in some places, Pere Kermann, Absente and Pernod 68… There are a few other oil mixes as well in some places.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.