Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Story in Denver ost
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Absinthesizer
And Todd Leopold quoted.

Edit: The newpaper, of course, is the Denver Post. #$%^&* fingers…
Jaded Prole
"We sold a lot of it when it first came out," she says. "But when people didn't trip (hallucinate) like they thought they would, we stopped selling as much of it."

Ha!

And her in Xit City . . . (the article in print had links to the faq here and at Oxy's)
Donnie Darko
All these articles and still nothing that remarkable on shelves, yet.

For the novelty factor (and because there was a gouge-your-fucking-eyes-out-she's-so-hot bartender behind the bar), I ordered a Kubler at some bar in the east village the other day. They poured 1 part absinthe into a tumbler glass, dropped a sugar cube in the bottom and then poured 2 parts water on top of that. It was weird as only the top layer louched. I asked for a glass of ice water and did the rest myself. It was $8. The novelty wore off before I took a sip.

The thing with Absinthe is it's more of a drink at home by yourself kind of beverage. The Belle Epoque is long gone.
OCvertDe
Indeed…
Provenance
No, it's good to drink in A-town with a bunch of strange drunks.
Jaded Prole
Indeed!™
Leopold
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jul 24 2008, 12:30 PM) *

"We sold a lot of it when it first came out," she says. "But when people didn't trip (hallucinate) like they thought they would, we stopped selling as much of it."

Ha!

I'm personally pretty happy about this. Weed out the idiots. Works for me. Holy crap, do I hate conversations with those people. "Noooo maaaaan, Wormwood is illegal, maaaan. You're Absinthe can't have Wormwood in it, dude". Sigh.

The foodies are the ones who seem to be the most interested….or at least that's what I'm finding.

The people that I've enjoyed talking with most are Chefs. Quite a few are cooking with my Absinthe.

Shabba53
QUOTE(Absinthesizer @ Jul 23 2008, 04:07 PM) *

And Todd Leopold quoted

I guess I'm chopped liver…

Bastids… chickawow.gif
Kirk
No, it's good to drink in A-town with a bunch of strange drunks

Yes it is.
Patlow
Like Couvet for instance.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Jul 24 2008, 04:09 PM) *

I guess I've chopped liver…

Ah, so that explains his latest absence!
G&C
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 24 2008, 03:03 PM) *
No, it's good to drink in A-town with a bunch of strange drunks.

But is that not indeed, at home?
hartsmar
If they would just settle for serving you a shot of absinthe in a glass, give you a carafe of ice water and maybe a sugarcube and a spoon if you so require - everything would be just peachy...

Provenance
QUOTE(G&C @ Jul 24 2008, 08:37 PM) *

But is that not indeed, at home?

True.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Leopold @ Jul 24 2008, 06:15 PM) *

I'm personally pretty happy about this. Weed out the idiots.
The foodies are the ones who seem to be the most interested….or at least that's what I'm finding.

I think the price, by necessity, is going to weed out those not serious about booze also. I can't picture somebody who is willing to shell out >$60 for a bottle of liquor more than one time being the sort of person who is just looking to trip. If you're going to pay that much you probably like the taste. I can't picture anybody paying $60 for a bottle of Jagermeister repeatedly.

The upside in this is that the price point for the shit and the OK stuff seems relatively similar, which I think will result in the shit absinthe not being so popular once the novelty wears off. Tourment and Lucid are only $6 apart, and Lucid is in another universe from Tourment in terms of quality.
Rimbaud
QUOTE(Kirk @ Jul 24 2008, 08:29 PM) *

No, it's good to drink in A-town with a bunch of strange drunks

Yes it is.

Indeedy doo.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jul 25 2008, 08:32 AM) *

I can't picture anybody paying $60 for a bottle of Jagermeister repeatedly.

Or once for that matter.
Shabba53
We unfortunately see them regularly paying at least that much for repeated Jagerbombs at the bars though.
Absinthesizer
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Jul 24 2008, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Absinthesizer @ Jul 23 2008, 04:07 PM) *

And Todd Leopold quoted

I guess I'm chopped liver…

Bastids… chickawow.gif
My apologies - I didn't know you had another name!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.