Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ouraline torsade glass
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Steve
I have been wanting a vaseline torsade glass for a long time. I've seen one or two for a lot more money than I was willing to allow myself to spend. Finally a little over a week ago I won a glass on eBay for an extremely reasonable price. The monkeys delivered it today, and I am ecstatic. I'll take better pictures later. Here it is on my desk at work (iPhone pic):

Click to view attachment
Wild Bill Turkey
YAY!!!
I'm REALLY happy you won that one, Spooner, because it was a great source of sweat for me, deciding to let that one go. I wanted it bad, but decided to bid on a Sazerac glass instead, especially since I had just won the mini ouraline torsade in the pics below a week earlier. It really helps to know that it was you that got it!

IPB Image
IPB Image
Steve
However, I am tortured by the probability that I will never have a mini ouraline torsade glass like yours, Bill. Just when I was letting go of the crippling envy…
Marc
I forgot to bid/snipe on it and sent you a message about it just after it ended wink.gif
Congrats, that was a nice bargain!
Steve
Yes, your note made me feel good! Thank you. I thought it would go much higher but figured it couldn't hurt to try.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Spoon @ Jul 28 2008, 11:11 PM) *

However, I am tortured by the probability that I will never have a mini ouraline torsade glass like yours, Bill. Just when I was letting go of the crippling envy…

Never say never when it comes to collecting this stuff.

Beautiful glass!
Jaded Prole
Commodity fetishism is a bitch!

Nice glasses though.
Absomphe
What he said!
Rimbaud
My new acquisition, on its way to me as we speak:

Click to view attachment

Detail:

Click to view attachment

Closer:

Click to view attachment
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Jul 29 2008, 09:26 AM) *

My new acquisition, on it's way to me as we spank:

Nice! Never seen one with the little carved detail…
Steve
Chris, doesn't your glass have little cut flourishes like that?
Chris
Nope; but it does look pretty similar…

Click to view attachment

Very nice find by the way Spoon; I'm very jealous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.