Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Use the SHIFT key!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Pages: 1, 2
mr. k
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 30 2008, 03:28 PM) *

I look forward to the day when you learn to use the shift key.

you must be the board d-bag
nice to meat you
cdog-plain.gif
eric
http://www.feeverte.net/faq-etiquette.html#A

6) CORRECT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR: We’re strongly in favor of it. It’s an elementary courtesy to your fellow members to express yourself clearly, lucidly and correctly. If you can’t spell, use a spell-checker. Allowances will of course be made for members who are not native English speakers (who are also welcome to post in their own language).

Marc
QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 06:05 AM) *

What's the problem with you fucktard?
We've repeatedly asked you to introduce yourself here and ptfa!
Your brain is missing some cells or you're just slow by nature?
Wild Bill Turkey
Can't it be both?
mr. k
wow 3 more, they're coming out of the woodwork. i appreciate you showing yourselves right off the bat, it makes it that much easier to steer clear of you mannerless picayunes. poop.gif
Marc
Bye then, we won't miss you.
Tibro
It’s an elementary courtesy to your fellow members

Some people just insist on being rude. Even after such an enthusiastic welcome.
mr. k
elementary courtesy? that you know not much of, apparently.
two words: petty & respect , they are mutually exclusive
i can see some of you haven't learned that yet
OCvertDe
Interesting…
Shabba53
Play by the rules or go away. There aren't many, but using a shift key is easy. Why be a dick about it?

<-----------------
Nope. That's me.

Marc
QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 11:05 AM) *

Still here dumass?
Two words: bye bye
Conte d'Ugenta
QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 02:05 AM) *

elementary courtesy? that you know not much of, apparently.
i can see some of you haven't learned that yet

Who the fuck you think you are? Kind of 50 cent?

What is the problem with using the bloody shift key? And with introducing yourself?

mr. k
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Aug 1 2008, 04:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 11:05 AM) *

Still here dumass?
Two words: bye bye

it's spelled "dumbass", i guess spelling and grammar are really important around here to some people.
i thought it was a forum about absinthe, who knew?
hartsmar
Ok, it's really very simple... Use the shift key, that is a very simple request and something which will make whatever you decide to write atleast a bit more readable.

If you bothered to pay attention to the forum etiquette, you'd notice:
6) CORRECT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR: We’re strongly in favor of it. It’s an elementary courtesy to your fellow members to express yourself clearly, lucidly and correctly. If you can’t spell, use a spell-checker. Allowances will of course be made for members who are not native English speakers (who are also welcome to post in their own language).

If you had bothered getting to learn the forum a bit more before bitching so damn much you would've known that mthuilli is French. I'm sure he can find a multitude of translations for dumbass in French if you prefer. But you know what? Despite him being French he knows how to use the shift-key - and I've tried using French keyboards, they're a nightmare...

Shift key - then we can start discussing absinthe.
Marc
K: it's very often spelled dumass™ over here and you would know if you had ptfa, and it applies perfectly to you.
Marc
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Aug 1 2008, 01:15 PM) *

I'm sure he can find a multitude of translations for dumbass in French if you prefer.

yes.gif

QUOTE(hartsmar @ Aug 1 2008, 01:15 PM) *

Shift key - then we can start discussing absinthe.

And an intro, but I guess it's like asking a pig to play banjo.
mr. k
are you guys like the forum etiquette police or something? i've posted on many a forum, never using caps unless abso necessary and never been a problem.
i'm not going to start now so some whiney babies get their emotional needs met; and i think i've introduced myself by now, in case you didn't get it, i'm the guy who likes absinthe, doesn't play well with assholes and enjoys long walks on the beach.
carry on

G&C
This isn't other forums.
Go back under your bridge.
mr. k
i enjoy facilitating you making yourself look like an ass
G&C
That Dumass, would be you looking like an ass.

Tibro
For the benefit of Mr. K there will be a show today on etiquette.

There are rules. Follow them.
Shabba53
Tibro
Shabba, your input is needed. You respond to rulez so well.
Shabba53
I seem to get bashed over here all the time for ideas that are divergent from the chosen few's.

But I still respect and follow the rules here as well. As do you.
Rimbaud
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Aug 1 2008, 07:18 AM) *

Play by the rules or go away. There aren't many, but using a shift key is easy. Why be a dick about it?

<-----------------
Nope. That's me.

Hey, you've finally admitted it. Congratulations!
mr. k
it's a veritable massingail commercial in here
(at the moment)
Rimbaud
It's Massengill.

Douche.

Bag.
Rimbaud
Hey, I got an idea:

Let's move the pointlessly controversial part of this thread to a secret elite members' section of the forum.

Happy-happy joy-joy, I close my eyes to the darkness.

Hey…why is it still dark when I close my eyes?
Doctor Love

mr. k, believe me I can understand how the place seems a bit bizarre. Let me try to explain from the point of view of someone who is also relatively new.

Fee Verte is a fairly old community, and seems to be chock full of contradictions that you either have to accept or they'll eventually drive you nuts. Or they may drive you nuts anyway and you just have to appreciate being driven nuts. For example, many of the folks here are free-spoken and often rowdy, after all absinthe was the drink of common French folk, not hoite toite nobles. But while expressing yourself freely and in occasionally rowdy manners, make sure your spelling and grammar are sharper than that of a well tutored Tudor. It's a bawdy sausage of the least used pig pieces served on a silver platter and linen doily. The local laws, unofficial yet aggressively enforced by various members of the old time gang, are often not equally applied or even particularly fair, so don't expect them to be.

The forum is a band of not-particularly-merry maniacs who would both be the ones creating Frankenstein's monster as well as the ones with torches and pitchforks demanding the destruction of it. They are very knowledgeable on the finer points of absinthe, but tend to deliver it with either the dart of a blow-gun or an artillery shell; one is just a needle with info as the poison, the other is a bombast of explanation that peppers you with shrapnel. Many have the knowledge needed to make the most delicious absinthe you'd ever tasted, and yet also the ire to tell you what an undeserving sonofabitch you are while you drink it.

I don't claim to understand the place yet, but it is a dynamic group.
hartsmar
QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 04:42 AM) *

are you guys like the forum etiquette police or something?

Yes.
QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 04:42 AM) *

i've posted on many a forum, never using caps unless abso necessary and never been a problem.
i'm not going to start now so some whiney babies get their emotional needs met

No, but you could start now, so that you pay some respect to the etiquette of the forum you seem to be willing to be part of.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Aug 1 2008, 09:55 AM) *

Hey, you've finally admitted it. Congratulations!

Glad you could join the party, Rimmy. I've had that title listed since before the Marteau thread was closed.
Rimbaud
Like I give a flying bat shit, mouse nuts.
Marc
DL, that's the tip of the iceberg you're seeing here and that's maybe how most of the newbies are seeing us too, I don't know.
But once you've been adopted by the core crew here, you quickly discover the part of the iceberg under water. Ok it can take a while for some, or a few days for others, but it's worth every minute spent here.
The FV community is the greatest community I've ever seen (and met for a dozen of them) in any online forum.
It took me a while too at the beginning, I've been through several tough discussions, but now I can't leave it anymore.
Believe me, most of the fuckers here are full of kindness, and absinthe knowledge of course.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(mr. k @ Aug 1 2008, 09:55 AM) *

it's a veritable massingail commercial in here
(at the moment)

Holy shit, that was fucking CLASSIC!

I'd rank that right up there with this:
IPB Image
speedle
QUOTE(Tibro @ Aug 1 2008, 09:06 AM) *
For the benefit of Mr. K there will be a show today on etiquette.

There are rules. Follow them.

Ha! Thanks, now all I can hear are harpsichords.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Aug 1 2008, 11:43 AM) *

Like I give a flying bat shit, mouse nuts.

Good one. Your wit has put me in my place…
Rimbaud
Why waste wit on you?

That'd be like throwing gold nuggets at a turd.
Marc
Rimmy, Shabba, please stop the cockfight, it's getting boring now.
May I suggest that you ignore each other and move on?
I know it won't be easy but it would make the topics more readable. And we could concentrate on the fucktard wink.gif
Thank you and have a great peaceful week-end with Madame La Verte.
John Dillinger
Piniella is a badass.

Four-game sweep at Milwaukee!
Rimbaud
I'm bored as well.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(John Dillinger @ Aug 1 2008, 12:33 PM) *

Piniella is a badass.

Four-game sweep at Milwaukee!

That was more than a sweep. That was an all out raping and pillaging. And Harden got his first win. The man is made of glass, but boy can he pitch.
John Dillinger
He's brilliant. I'm still most impressed by Dempster this season.
Zenzero
Wow! 43 posts about a shift key, spelling, douche bags, assholes, forum rules, etiquette and last but not least absinthe.
All ingredients you need to run a forum like this.

What the fuck is this world coming to?
Doctor Love

That depends on what your definition of "is" is.
Zenzero
I thought Bill would know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0

But he's asking the same question.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(John Dillinger @ Aug 1 2008, 01:43 PM) *

He's brilliant. I'm still most impressed by Dempster this season.

Yeah, what a shocker. When they converted him I really was questioning that move, I thought they had gone insane, based on what a mediocre closer he was, but he has really risen to the occasion. What's great is his K/9 ratio hasn't decreased at all, in fact it has increased, indicating that he isn't having arm fatigue, which is usually the case when you go from the pen to a starting role.

When your rotation is Zambrano, Harden, Dempster and Lilly (Marquis gets no honorable mention, I still hate the guy and I can guarantee they will go to a 4-man rotation in the playoffs), that is a fantastic position to be in.
Zenzero
QUOTE(Zenzero @ Aug 1 2008, 10:05 PM) *
Wow! 43 posts about a shift key, spelling, douche bags, assholes, forum rules, etiquette and last but not least absinthe.
All ingredients you need to run a forum like this.

What the fuck is this world coming to?

I fucking forgot baseball! Shit, hell damnitt, piss and fuck again. How could I?

Marc
Still here Zero?
Zenzero
Yea, I guess, but if you want me to leave just say so.
dakini_painter
Unfortunately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.