Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Eichelberger Verte 78
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Marc
From Alandia:
This Absinthe is something very special. It is distilled with 26! herbs. This gives this Absinthe an extreme complexity. When you already have some experiences with detecting different herbs in Absinthes, you will especially enjoy this Verte. But Eichelberger Verte 78 is not only for Absinthe professionals. The herbs build a very balanced taste which can be enjoyed by professionals and beginners alike. Like every Eichelberger Absinthe this one has a very thick, milky louche and an intense aroma.

I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve here (wtf 78% and 26 herbs), but if anyone gets to taste it I'd be curious to hear his opinion.
Zenzero
All I can say is I do not really know the difference between this version and the 68 I have here, but 26 herbs!? Maybe three or four main basic ingredients and the rest in homeopathic quantities, now I guess that could not even make it a bit more interesting.

The verte 68 on the other hand is rather nice, so that also makes me curious about what this 78 will taste like.
absinthist
InterestingIntriguing, indeed. Butt, is 26 ingredients kewel 'nuff for our times…
Provenance
Using 23 or 29 herbs would make sense as those are prime numbers and most classic text recommend using only prime ingredients.

Some of the ancients favor using only a perfect number of herbs, such as 6, but they were heretics.
Zenzero
Well keeper of the Tanacetum vulgare knowledge and wisdom, you might remember me doing a recipe with 17 herbs. It's still aging (nine months, to be precise) but the characteristics of much of the additional ingredients aren't really recognizable as such anymore.

Although the Z.II verte and blanche both are a very special and a-typical styled absinthe.
Zenzero
Nevertheless does it leave the answer to mthuilli's question wide open…
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Aug 5 2008, 07:25 AM) *

Some of the ancients favor using only a perfect number of herbs, such as 6, but they were heretics.

Ha!

Perhaps this could be absinthe's answer to Chartreuse, without the sugar.

I'll bet balancing all those herbs would be a real bitch, though.

Perhaps the saying "too much is never enough" wasn't meant to be taken literally.
absinthist
QUOTE(Zenzero @ Aug 5 2008, 06:31 AM) *

Well keeper of the Tanacetum vulgare knowledge and wisdom, you might remember me doing a recipe with 17 herbs. It's still aging (nine months, to be precise) but the characteristics of much of the additional ingredients aren't really recognizable as such anymore.

Heh, of course I remember Kettle and I am curious how it ends (you know where to find me evill.gif ). But even the recipe for 14 you have shown suggests the balance, while in case of 26 I would fall for Sixer's theory of applying some (half?) of them in homeopathic quantities, whereas the main herb-bill stays intact.
Tibro
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Aug 5 2008, 05:50 PM) *

Perhaps the saying "too much is never enough" wasn't meant to be taken lierally.

Or maybe it was. Can any of us be sure what the truth is?
Zenzero
QUOTE(absinthist @ Aug 5 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Heh, of course I remember Kettle and I am curious how it ends (you know where to find me evill.gif ). But even the recipe for 14 you have shown suggests the balance, while in case of 26 I would fall for Sixer's theory of applying some (half?) of them in homeopathic quantities, whereas the main herb-bill stays intact.

Indeed, maybe I should send you a sample sometime. (No promise)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.