Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Isaac Hayes
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Zenzero
Sad but true.

Funk groundbreaker Isaac Hayes dies at 65

With its riveting orchestration, definitive guitar play and sensual baritone vocals, Isaac Hayes' theme song for the 1971 movie "Shaft" became not only one of pop music's most notable songs, but also the defining work of his career.

Yet the "Theme From Shaft," which would earn both Grammys and an Oscar, was just a snippet of the groundbreaking music for which Mr. Hayes - who died Sunday at age 65 - was responsible.

He penned soul classics like "Hold On, I'm Comin' " for Sam & Dave, helped usher in the era of disco, and was a goldmine for countless hip-hop and R&B artists decades later.

"Isaac Hayes embodies everything that's soul music," Collin Stanback, an artists and repertoire executive at Stax, said Sunday.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?…/MN19128NI8.DTL

Provenance
Isaac Hayes embodies everything that's soul music
True dat.
OCvertDe
His thetans must have been out of whack.

Sarcasm aside, it is a shame. I never saw him do anything on the screen or behind a mic that I didn't like.
Zenzero
Oh my gawd! They killed Chef!

Sarcasm aside, a legend passing away at 65 while workin' out… Not such a nice way to go.
Nymphadora
Dying while working out sounds better than having a heart attack on the toilet like Elvis.
Zenzero
Shit! You're right.
Nymphadora
It happens occasionally. Don't worry; I won't let it go to my head.
Doctor Love

That settles it, no more working out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.