Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Richard Wright
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
eric
I am very saddened to hear of his passing.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/15/…-Pink-Floyd.php
Rimbaud
That sucks. I really like his singing on the early post-Syd Floyd stuff.

I'm gonna put Relics on when I get home tonight.
eric
I think I will put on Great Gig in the Sky and take the rest of the day off.
Rimbaud
Even more fitting. Have a good one…
Doctor Love

Damn, that sucks. See you on the dark side of the moon Richard.

Tibro
Sadness envelopes. Goodbye.
Rimbaud
First Syd, now Rick.

Why are all the guys in Motley Crue still alive?
Tibro
I'm surprised you'd even know that. I just assumed that the progenitors of still-born music were probably brain-dead themselves. No?

I miss Rick, though.
Zenzero
Motley who?
Zenzero
Knowing just a small part of the rather sad story about Syd (Mojo 167) after reading the article about his passing and his last days, I must admit that even I was impressed, so I'm looking, however this may sound peculiar, forward to the next Mojo issue.
Despite not being a big fan of Pink Floyd, the band and it's (former) members still have a serious influence which just cannot be denied and are an inspiration for many musicians in the field of contemporary rock music and beyond.
Donnie Darko
As a pianist and keyboard player in every band I was in when I was younger, Richard Wright was a big influence. The first Floyd thing I learned how to play was the synth intro to Shine On You Crazy Diamond as performed on The Delicate Sound Of Thunder.

This may sound cheesy but he made their stuff sound magical. It's a real loss that he's gone.

Edit: I just read the Glimour quote saying he made their sound "magical". It's not cheesy at all.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Tibro @ Sep 15 2008, 02:31 PM) *

I'm surprised you'd even know that. I just assumed that the progenitors of still-born music were probably brain-dead themselves. No?

They certainly have tried to die. Nikki Sixx actually was clinically dead for 12 minutes, and Vince Neil killed his friend in a car accident but survived. Figures. LA Hair Metal lives and now has regular reality TV shows, Richard Wright is dead. The world is a cruel place. I bet Rick Wakeman will be the next legendary keyboardist to go, and Lars Ulrich will probably get his own reality TV show that features him beating up fans for downloading Metallica's music.
Absomphe
When I first saw the thread title, I thought, "Didn't he die almost 50 years ago?"

Oops, wrong guy.

RIP, Richard.
Provenance
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Sep 15 2008, 01:58 PM) *
It's a real loss that he's gone.
True.

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Sep 15 2008, 02:01 PM) *

Nikki Sixx actually was clinically dead for 12 minutes
And musically dead for much longer.
grey boy
Who's gonna tune Roger Waters' bass now?
grey boy
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Sep 15 2008, 01:25 PM) *

Why are all the guys in Motley Crue still alive?

And The Ramones aren't?
Rimbaud
Precisely.
bob_chong
I lost all respect for the Ramones when they started bitching in the 90s about not being popular. "How come everyone is making money but us?" Fuck those guys. Completely overrated. In fact, if you're starting a list of overrated bands, they'd easily make top 10, prolly top 5.
grey boy
They did?
bobt
I just discovered this thread. It has been painful to lose two of Floyd in only two years. I loved the different energies Richard brought to the music. It made listening to Pink Floyd a journey.

RIP guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.