Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greetings fron Copenhagen, Denmark
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Brunswick Green
Only recently introduced to the green world in general and this forum in particular, by my good friend Thomas Boston, I have been enjoying quite a few great absinths over the summer - my luxury fave (apart from some heady, almost caramelized stuff from 1914 that I will likely never taste again) being the complex Doubs Mystique, for daily consumption or mixing, the clean taste of the Kübler.

Did he say mixing? Yeah, though I am usually a sans sucre straight edge kinda guy, the right combo of organic raspberry juice and a powerful green like Duplais Balance is a match made in Valhalla, taking me right back to the forests where my ancient forefathers gathered berries, hunted for deer and possibly brewed their beer with wormwood. Only, my forefathers are not really Scandinavian, rather English and Portuguese and whatnot, but what the hey.

Oh, and the strikingly feminine and erotic Clandestine Charlotte also looks way cute with green lemons.

Obviously, I will learn a lot more when visiting Pontarlier for the first time next weekend and you can all kick my arse for my utter lack of Fée Verte wisdom.

I work in graphic design and will surely bring a camera to document events in style. However drunk we get, I will make it look cool and dignified. Hmm. My friends and I do, after all, have our work cut out for us introducing absinthe to the unsuspecting Danish people, and we are taking it very seriously. Hmm.

Best regards,
Kristian Bruun (agent Brunswick, if you like)

PS - I know, I know, Brunswick Green is darker than any absinth will ever be, but it's a cool old colour that I sure wish they still made all cars in…)
Zenzero
Welcome Kristian.

Praise yourself lucky not being colorblind.

I like Olive Green and Black :)

Enjoy Pontarlier, drunk and intoxicated, next weekend.
OCvertDe
Welcome!
Nephrite
Don't forget to drink plenty o' water at Pontarlier too. Welcome absintheglass-glow2.gif
absinthist
Welcome! Some people claim that approaching the colour of Brunswick green is the mixture of Prussian blue with chrome yellow, aka chrome green, Brunswick revival is very probable. Currently my favourite greens are malachite and cobalt green.
Communikaze
Welcome Kristian!
You forgot to mention the combination of vanilla icecream with a few drops of Verte… Yummy!

As you can see, our influence on the danish culture is already huge: e.g. take a glance at the color on http://www.denmark.dk/en/ - not red and white: green!
Zenzero
http://www.denmark.dk/en/

Salt water and verte louche well I see. Another fine combination.

OCvertDe
Salt water?! blink.gif
Brunswick Green
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Sep 29 2008, 08:10 PM) *

Salt water?! blink.gif

I s'pose the honoured forum member might have made a trés subtle reference to the seafaring history of the Danish people. Or, someone wept in/over his Perigord.
Zenzero
Yep and nope.
The Standard Deviant
Who the fuck is Brunswick Green? Probably some kind of Sqertz puppet.

(Or rather: Thank you for the other day, sitting by the Seine sipping (or blessing the ground with) Jade with you Danes, feeding the pigeons lettuce and being waved at by Japanese tourists on boats.)
Brunswick Green
yeah well, I'd usually let the funky Jade pass through me before blessing the ground with it, but it was Paris and it was the Seine, so the Gods of everything arty should be happy now. Thanks for all the tasting action, let's do it all in Nyhavn next summer.

Don't forget to check the pics at http://www.bruunstue.dk/pontarlier

And Sqertz is Hebrew for.. ?
Communikaze
QUOTE(Brunswick Green @ Oct 12 2008, 03:14 AM) *

And Sqertz is Hebrew for.. ?

Gertz? Or another of our Pontarlier/Paris inventions: "the Powerloucher": Take soft plasticbottle with cold, expensive water > make small hole on top > squeeeeeeeeze into absinthe….. I think "the Squertz" is a good name…
Gertz
It's all about Jack. (And who the fuck is Thomas PissedOn???)

A Nyhavn Louchin'? I'm in.

G&C
I miss Jack.
Zenzero
QUOTE(Thomas Boston @ Oct 12 2008, 05:30 PM) *

Gertz? Or another of our Pontarlier/Paris inventions: "the Powerloucher": Take soft plasticbottle with cold, expensive water > make small hole on top > squeeeeeeeeze into absinthe….. I think "the Squertz" is a good name…

You weren't the first, guys. And why make a hole??

The Standard Deviant
No no, a hole is made below the neck, then the bottle is turned upside-down and gripped firmly.

None of these baby's bottle sports crap things.
Brunswick Green
actually it's all rather pointless except:

a. as the hole is very, very small, the water comes out faster. Exciting!

b. as you can't even see the hole, the water sprays in unexpected directions. Exciting!

c. if you have a cheerleader team doing this (and why wouldn't you) you have an instant wet t-shirt contest going on. Exciting!
Zenzero
And forget all about absinthe and how it all started in the first place. Exiciting!
absinthist
Carry on thinking how it all would end. Exciting!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.