Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacific Distillery
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Zman
Hey all,
Many of you regular forumites know me either personally or through my activities on the various absinthe websites. I just wanted to share, for those of you who may not already know, that I have opened a commercial distillery that will be featuring hand-crafted absinthe and gin. Our absinthe will be known as "Absinthe Pacifique" and our gin is "Voyager Small-Batch Distilled Gin"
We have a website:
www.pacificdistillery.com (hopefully to be updated to more than a splash page in the near future). Also, on the webpage is a blog concerning the formation of Pacific Distillery. I welcome all of you to visit the blog and leave a comment.
Cheers,
Marc
Doctor Love

Congrats on the first batch of Voyager, very cool label too. You going to be distributing through Southern?

Zman
Probably not.
grey boy
One reply? yeesh…

Congrats Z, I can't wait to try both.
G&C
dev.gif
grey boy
I figured.
G&C
I was at the distillery helping Marc get the gin in bottles today.

Finished product is ready and waiting for distribution.
Click to view attachment
MrsAbsomphe
Yay!! The final bottle looks great, professional and 'serious', for want of a better word. (And I mean that with all due respect.)

Already been asking for it…

Hope to find it soon!

---Tish looking-up.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
Can't wait!
Plymouth recently decided to price themselves out of the market, so my standard cocktail gin is now Beefeater, leaving me to choose between the new boutique gins for flavorful upgrades. So far I like Junipero. But I can hardly stand it that I haven't tasted the Voyager yet.

It's been a while since I was this excited about a new booze…
Kirk
Way to pump him up.
Steve
Any word on where we will be able to buy it in the Bay Area?
G&C
One would most likely need to prod their local liquor store to special order.

I'm working on mine.
Oxygenee
Congratulations Marc!
Nephrite
Thank you Marc!
absinthist
Congrats Marc! Looks perfect!
Absomphe
What Mrs. A said!
Zman
For anyone interested, we've updated our blog with a few pics of the bottling event. Much thanks to G&C for helping out.
www.pacificdistillery.com
Doctor Love
Congrats! Given G&C's involvement, can we expect to taste a hint of sarcasm in every bottle?
Jaded Prole
Don't quote the post directly above your own -- it's frowned upon here as bad etiquette.
Doctor Love
Accident, pologeez
Provenance
I sure hope Voyager makes a voyage to the East Coast.
Rimbaud
Excellent! Can't wait to have a Voyager G&T!
Steyr850
Count me in, on what they said.

Congrats!
G&C
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 19 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Congrats! Given G&C's involvement, can we expect to taste a hint of sarcasm in every bottle?

There's only one way to find out.
grey boy
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 19 2008, 01:47 PM) *
can we expect to taste a hint of sarcasm in every bottle?

I would expect nothing less.
Wild Bill Turkey
undoubtedly©
Doctor Love
It's just asking to be a cocktail

The G&C
2 oz. Voyager Single-Batch Distilled Gin
1/2 oz. Campari
splash of tonic
squeeze of lime

Stir or gently shake gin, Campari and lime in cocktail shaker of ice. Strain into martini glass or over the rocks. Add splash of tonic for a little fizz and garnish with a lime twist.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Oct 21 2008, 07:45 AM) *

undoubtedly©

And, of course,

indeed™.
G&C
So, how is it?
Doctor Love

I don't know, I don't have a bottle of Voyager yet!

G&C
May I use the name but change the recipe a bit?
Doctor Love
Have at it, Campari was the first thing that started with "C" that I could think of that goes well with gin. Cranberry seemed far too pedestrian.
Wild Bill Turkey
For a while I experimented with a drink inspired by the Twentieth Century Cocktail that miraculously combines the tastes of Gin & Chocolate (by including a little clear, or "white" Crème de cacao) to make an amazing combination where nobody ever guesses that the mystery ingredient is chocolate. My concoction was made by using gin, a bit of white crème de cacao, and a splash of lemon juice, topped off with tonic water in an ice-filled highball glass. I called it the G&C Tonic.
Wolfgang
Congratulation for your startup!

Very nice label of this bottle of gin. I would buy it.

any more info you can share about your products ? Herbs used, alcool base and such ?
Absomphe
Who the fuck is Wolfbane?
Mephistopheles
Have some fond memories of gin, besides that I'm drinking this very moment.
Zman
We completed our second bottling of gin today. Also checked in on the absinthe "resting" in the tank. All looks well. Planning on another absinthe distillation in the next two weeks.
G&C
That's what I'm talkin' about!
OMG_Bill
I'm certainly looking forward to the absinthe. The gin is quite pleasant.The bottle is way less than full. abs-cheers.gif
Donnie Darko
I have a small tank above my belt it could "rest" in.
G&C
I picked up my case of Voyager Gin from the liquor store today!
Zman
abs-cheers.gif
I don't believe you. Show us a picture!
Kirk
I want a pitcher too!
Green Baron
Awesome! Was this a Washington state liquor store? If so, that's great (of course it's not showing up on their website yet). Do you know if they had any left? I need to bug my local store (101) again about stocking it.
G&C
Special Order item #973345.
G&C
Camera batteries are charging.
Green Baron
Great! Thanks!
Green Baron
Called WA State liquor store #101 on 4th Ave S. today. The manager said she didn't see any Seattle liquor stores currently had it in stock in the system. However, she said it might not come in until the first of the year, but that they'd be happy to order some. I'm surprised but pleased they were so willing to get it in stock without making me buy a whole case.
Jaded Prole
I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog.
synthetic buddhist
QUOTE(Green Baron @ Dec 6 2008, 03:49 PM) *

I'm surprised but pleased they were so willing to get it in stock without making me buy a whole case.

Fuckin' A. That dick nozzle on Broadway hasn't been a bit o'help. I'm glad someone is squeaking the right wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.