Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pisco Bar
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Steyr850
Since there's been discussions regarding Leo's use of Pisco.

San Fran's Pisco Latin Lounge

I picked up a bottle of Don Cesar (23 bucks) this weekend. Had a little nip and it was quite pleasant.
Wild Bill Turkey
That place has been promising to be open "any minute now" since Kennedy was shot. I'm on their newsletter email list specifically so I'd get an announcement when they opened. Fat lot of good…
(figgers I'd find out about the opening from a guy in Georgia posting on an absinthe forum)

The article mentions the Ocucaje Mosto Verde as a desirable exotic, so I'm happy. I met a Peruvian couple at my brother's wedding and asked for a recommendation for a pisco bottling since nobody I've ever met knows shit about the stuff. They gave me this name, and I just ordered a bottle two nights ago.
Steyr850
I'm wanting to try an acholado too. The Don Cesar I got this weekend was before I knew about the types and I think it is a puro, but I'm not sure. While it is very nice and has a soft fruity nose, it still has quite a bite. I would think those other two would make better sippers, especially the Mosto Verde seeing as how its distilled before all of the natural sugars are fermented.
Wild Bill Turkey
Pisco Mall
Steyr850
Courier. Been down that road before.
Wild Bill Turkey
Save on courier shipping, elf. Come try a glass over at my place.
Steyr850
I need to make it out to San Fran. One of my bestest friends from HS has lived there since and I've never visited him.
Steyr850
You could always send me some flowerz wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.