Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Francisco Distiller
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2
hausenffeffer
Hi

I remember when I first started researching absinthe and found this website. Never thought it would be legal (thank you Kubler for his lobbying efforts!) and this is truly a giddy time to be into absinthe.

DELETED BY ADMIN

Wonderful to rediscover this original website! I'm looking forward to contributing to the conversation.

Cheers!
Provenance
WTF???
OCvertDe
Er, well- at least they don't advocate burning it.

Uh, welcome… I think?
hausenffeffer
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Oct 6 2008, 09:06 PM) *

Er, well- at least they don't advocate burning it.

Uh, welcome… I think?

Thanks, I guess?

I don't understand the first reply…just trying to introduce myself and our absinthe.
Provenance
Please forgive me. It's just that I've never heard of TTB granting a license for "stovetop distillation." Of course, I've also never heard of absinthe being made in a stainless steel reflux still. I have heard claims of "the elixer's singular high" from [expletive deleted] selling absinthe but never believed them. But what do I know?
hausenffeffer
QUOTE(Provenance @ Oct 6 2008, 09:29 PM) *

Please forgive me. It's just that I've never heard of TTB granting a license for "stovetop distillation." Of course, I've also never heard of absinthe being made in a stainless steel reflux still. I have heard claims of "the elixer's singular high" from [expletive deleted] selling absinthe but never believed them. But what do I know?

Huh?

DELETED BY ADMIN

I'm actually quite taken back by your vitriolic response.
Kirk
It's just that distillation is illegal and we were surprised by your openness.
Absinthe is usually made in a copper pot still, it's believed that copper relieves some of the cyanides. Reflux stills are generally used for making alcohol, not absinthe.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(hausenffeffer @ Oct 6 2008, 01:45 PM) *

He tried ours and said it was the best he's tried, if not the same caliber he found from distillers in Switzerland.

What does this mean?
hausenffeffer
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Oct 6 2008, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(hausenffeffer @ Oct 6 2008, 01:45 PM) *

He tried ours and said it was the best he's tried, if not the same caliber he found from distillers in Switzerland.

What does this mean?

Only that is what he said and I guess that means our absinthe is good. He said that his favorite absinthe came from home distillers in switzerland.

I can't believe these responses. Wow. I don't think I'm welcome.
Oxygenee
The Forum Etiquette section of the FAQ, which you were expressly requested to read and agree to when registering your account, states:

4) FORBIDDEN SUBJECTS: Discussions at Fee Verte are freewheeling and wide-ranging, and cover not just absinthe (and everything related to it) itself, but art, entertainment, politics, religion history and culture. Very few topics are off-limits, with the following noticeable exceptions:

In order to protect all members and forum participants from unwanted attention from such agencies as the ATF, please do not discuss clandestine or home distillation, or the products of such activities, which are illegal in the US.
Please also do not discuss the details of shipping or courier arrangements used to send absinthe to the US.
Please always be aware that this is a publicly accessible forum. Inappropriate posts will be deleted. Please contact a moderator if you have any questions.

You're very welcome to post but not on the subject of your home distillation activities (or for that matter about any other federal crimes you may be committing).

When you registered I didn't realise that your Mondfrans absinthe was an entirely illegal product. You're taking a huge risk with your own website, but that's your own business. Feeverte.net though is my responsibility, and I can't allow you to jeapordize the forum, or any of our members, by inviting the attention of the ATF etc in such a blatant way.
Kirk
Wow. I don't think I'm welcome.

Sure you're welcome here.
It's just that, as absinthe didacts, we are surprised by your sudden appearance. It's as if you caught is with our pants down, us not knowing a thing about you and all.
I'd say there is not much that happens with regards to absinthe that we don't pick apart to its lowest common denominator. Obviously you are as welcome as can be.
hausenffeffer
QUOTE(Kirk @ Oct 6 2008, 09:44 PM) *

It's just that distillation is illegal and we were surprised by your openness.
Absinthe is usually made in a copper pot still, it's believed that copper relieves some of the cyanides. Reflux stills are generally used for making alcohol, not absinthe.

Since we're such a small operation, it doesn't seem a risk. Especially here on these forums.

I have an attorney and she's helping us connect with bar owners here in the city, so we're not worried.

We found our reflux to work great for making both alcohol and absinthe. We are actually going to have ours tested by a lab, so we'll see if there are ingredients that shouldn't be there.
eric
I can't believe these responses. Wow. I don't think I'm welcome.

No, you are certainly welcome to participate over here. I think that many of us were caught off guard at the subject matter of your posts.

Provenance
You have an attorney that is helping you sell unlicensed spirits to local bars???
Zenzero
I'm someone who doesn't eschew trying experimental stuff, innovative
products also deserve a fair chance.

So a friendly welcome to you and yours.
Kirk
I'm beginning to think California is another dimension.
Provenance
There are folks, some on this forum, who have gone to the extraordinary lengths necessary to obtain the permits to legally distill absinthe in the US.

They all have my utmost respect.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Provenance @ Oct 7 2008, 01:08 AM) *

You have an attorney that is helping you sell unlicensed spirits to local bars???

Hmmm, who could it be?
Provenance
Ha!
Kirk
"they all have my utmost respect"
And mine.
Is hausenhaffer saying she has clandestine absinthe for sale in the US?
I found a google search puzzling, there is nothing on this name before a month ago.
Nephrite
Welcome… who's your attorney? blink.gif
Kirk
Don't get excited, attorneys don't work well from prison.
Jaded Prole
As far as I am aware, California is still officially part of the US so what your doing is illegal. Announcing it here in an obvious attempt to promote an illegal product is not only unwise and in bad taste, it places you at risk and besmirches the character of this community. We are absinthe aficionados but we don't condone or promote illegal activity and we don't like shills.
Kirk
ET, is that you?

Sorry, not even ET was that presumptuous.
Kirk
we don't like shills.

To be fair, it depends on what they are shilling.
We don't like being blind sided, but to tell the truth, I don't think this even hits the broad side.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Oct 6 2008, 03:21 PM) *

As far as I am aware, California is still officially part of the US so what your doing is illegal. Announcing it here in an obvious attempt to promote an illegal product is not only unwise and in bad taste, it places you at risk and besmirches the character of this community. We are absinthe aficionados but we don't condone or promote illegal activity and we don't like shills.

This really is it in a nutshell.
Sorry you felt unwelcome, but you really should have read the policy Oxygenee quoted and understood the reasons behind it before posting. I feel you posted innocently enough, but this is a community you walked into, with a history and an ethic you weren't aware of. The reading that new members are asked to do before posting is important on subjects like this.
Kirk
Remind me not to go fishing with you.

Shhhh, I smell a wabbit!
Kirk
Let's go fishing and then hunting.
Wait!
I meant hunting then fishing.
thegreenimp
blink.gif
Click to view attachment
dakini_painter
I really just don't know where to begin. Is there any popcorn?
Provenance
QUOTE(hausenffeffer @ Oct 6 2008, 02:05 PM) *
I have an attorney and she's helping us connect with bar owners here in the city, so we're not worried.

Beware any attorney who promises to put you in contact with bars.
Oxygenee
All sorted out, move on folks, nothing to see here…
Kirk
Beware any attorney who promises to put you in contact with bars

I've only known a couple that could pass one.
Kirk
I certainly hope nothing was deleted.
Zman
Wow. I guess I went about it all the wrong way…
Donnie Darko
Ha!
Kirk
Oh God.
Sorry guys, I let her send me a bottle.
I only did it to hook her
now I'm on the line.
What can I say, I only want to know, sorry bro.
I'll share anything with you, you know that?
It's just so wrong, as soon as I poured a glass, I knew I shouldn't have.
Whatever the fuck.
How could this person pop up like this?
The stuff in the bottle is not absinthe. I think it might be poison, after dilution, there were solid, Vaseline like molecules floating around in an otherwise clear solution.
I can't tell you strongly enough how
offended I am by this person, please help me to express the nugget of what I should be getting at, I am at a loss for words.
dakini_painter
Thank you brother for coming here tonight and sharing your story. I want you to know that we of the Church of Le Fée Verte know and feel your pain. You've taken the right step to redemption by coming here.

You know that by taking Le Fée Verte as your Savior with the good books of Duplais, Dubrunfaut and the other Saints, and the Glorious Copper of Egrot, Bazinet and Barbet as your guides you can be redeemed.

Now Rise up! Rise up brother Kirk! Shake the evil demon out of you! Yes! Yes! That's it! Shake your booty off! Cast out the Demon! evill.gif There! Look! You've done it! You can see evil itself flying away.

It dead, Kirk.
vampire.gif

Now you can be free.

Praise Le Fée Verte! Hallelujah! Another sinner is redeemed!!!! Amen.
OCvertDe
blink.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Oct 25 2008, 04:36 AM) *

Amen.

¡¡Can I get a witness!! LARS!.gif
absinthist
I have no idea what I was supposed to write butt I do agree. That is amen harhar.gif
Provenance
Perhaps her real crime was not passing off crap as abinsthe but in desecrating the nobility of poison.
Steyr850
Please, take some pics.

Absomphe
Or not.
Kirk
I hate to waste my time, the label is the same as her web page.
Zenzero
I had some doubts.
Doctor Love

Our forum clashes aside Kirk, you are indeed a brave man if you tasted it.

Kirk
I got an angry Email from her saying it is unfair that I said it has no louche.
I was on a drunken roll that night so I decided to pour another glass and this time it louched.
I used tap water before, ice water this time. Sorry about that. I still think it might be poison. Smells like rubbing alcohol that was distilled from fermented tampons.
eric
Kirk has agreed to send me a sample.

Full review will be forthcoming.

Kirk
We never review HG, do we review clandestine CO?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.