Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello from the frigid snowy banks of canada
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
smiley
hello everyone

long time viewer… first time poster. Im from canada, enough said.

I love absinthe, i find it to be a romantic and beautiful drink. I love watching doses louche, and drinking my sinthe in a redundantly elegant resevoir glass.

Ive had my share of shitsinthe, Hills, and also tasted some quality bottles that are available to us canadians at the moment. duplais, CLB, Ike, mansinthe, taboo, and some others.

I listen to black metal, i work at blockbuster in toronto, i go to university, and I like to fuck around.

Lastly, and unrelatedly, i love watching movies, especially horror movies, im kind of a buff in the genre.

i look forward to discussing absinthe and other topics with you all.
bobt
Greetings fellow Canadian!
OCvertDe
Well this is interesting.
dakini_painter
So far we've determined that at least one Canadian knows that there is something called the Shift key.

Hi! abs-cheers.gif
Nephrite
Howdy.
smiley
Grammer is for the pretentious, the perfectionists, and … the british. Yes, british with a small b.

Besides, I've always found grammer to be rather formal and impersonal and lifeless, although you'll never catch me making a disgrace of language by way of ignorance, or find myself incomprehensible to the rest of you.

Lastly, BOTH of my shift keys have been stolen! I have to copy and paste my capitols!!!
Doctor Love

QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 06:11 PM) *
Grammer is for the pretentious

I assume you feel the same way about spelling?
smiley
I don't believe I've misspelled anything. As I said, you won't find me making a disgrace of language here.
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 06:11 PM) *
…you'll never catch me making a disgrace of language by way of ignorance…

So you mangle the language…deliberately?

As a separate issue, welcome! I'll try not to pick on you too much. :)

QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 06:20 PM) *

I don't believe I've misspelled anything.

Um, shall I dispel that personal misconception for you?

--Tish looking-up.gif

Edited onacuz I try to avoid totem posting.
smiley
I haven't yet learned how to quote indiviudual sentences, so I'll just respond as basically as possible:

MrsAbsomphe: So you mangle the language…deliberately?

Me---> I think that some of the most beautiful prose and literature has been deliberately mangled, and tampered with, as I'm sure you would agree. Intelligently manipulated language is beautiful.
All I meant when I said that grammer is for the perfectionist is that you won't find me going through my posts with a fine-tooth comb.

MrsAbsomphe: Um, shall I dispel that personal misconception for you?

Me---> Please let me know. I'm rather sure that I spelled everything correctly. I'll be waiting.

Lastly, nice to meet you too! Pick on me as much you like, I'm resilient.
Absomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 06:20 PM) *

I don't believe I've misspelled anything…I'm rather sure I've spelled everything correctly.

Absolutely.

You spelled 'anything', and 'everything' correctly.

'Grammar', on the other hand…well, close only counts when tossing hand grenades, or pitching horseshoes.
smiley
Well you got me, and good, lol.

I'll be watching for the GRAMMAR police from now on. I was merely pointing out that it was rather pretentious and ironic for four people on this forum to critique my GRAMMAR on a WELCOME board. (I thought this was an absinthe forum, not a grammar forum) Well, then, now I feel at home.
Doctor Love

Capitols tend only to feature a seat of government as well, they have little to do with type case! And that was a spelling correction, not a grammar correction, but hey, if it bears being said it bears being said properly some would say.

Don't feel slighted, just toughening you up before Sixela gets here.

smiley
lol, ok. I'll have to be very careful then.
Zenzero
Anyway, welcome smiley.
bobt
Hi smiley, I looked at the Facebook page (yes, the link works fine). Looks super interesting! I'm not a Facebook member; being a bit of an internet rookie I see Facebook as a daunting new frontier to be explored when I feel brave lol. I totally support the idea of lobbying for sanity in the laws. I dream of the day when I can have half a dozen different Absinthes on my shelf (quality Absinthes, I should say).
Provenance
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 14 2008, 07:28 PM) *

Capitols tend only to feature a seat of government as well, they have little to do with type case!

Perhaps it's a sign of the apocalypse; LuvGluv is correct.

Smiley, please be aware that use of the term "lol" is not an effective means of demonstrating a sense of humor -- or intelligence.
G&C
That made me laugh out loud.
smiley
Well, I will from now on try to post with intelligence and care.
Provenance
Thank you.
absinthist
Hence, welcome to our asylum.
dakini_painter
Hi! Glad you're here.

(I was going to make a bunch of jokes about Canada, but decided that discretion was the better part of velour, as you probably have way more jokes about America than I do about Canada.)
Absomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 15 2008, 08:52 AM) *

Well, I will from now on try to post with intelligence and care.

And I will, from now on, try not to blame Canada for all the evil in the Universe. wink.gif

Welcome!
bobt
Remember the South Park movie? "Blame Canada!"
Jaded Prole
velour? blink.gif
dakini_painter
I made a spelling error, and the spell checker recommended "valor" or "velour", and it seemed like the better choice.
G&C
I like it.
Absomphe
Those were some comfortable shirts, alright.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.