Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Winnipeg
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2
bobt
Hi, it's a pleasure to introduce myself to the Absinthe community at La Fee Verte. I have enjoyed hanging around the forums, and I want to thank all of you for the many nuggets of wisdom which are making me a smarter Absinthe enthusiast.

I have taken a liking to Taboo, the one real Absinthe available in my corner of the world. I probably shouldn't confess to this, but I initially sunk a bundle of cash into a Czech product which I found disappointing. That was before spending time here. Oh well, an expensive lesson learned.

Sometime this coming weekend I intend to visit some antique stores. Maybe I will find some glasses and a spoon or two. Right now I am having great success with an ordinary perforated kitchen spoon and a wine glass, but I am into nick-nacks and would like some "real" accessories.

I am a forty-something sales rep for an industrial supply company. I am devoted to my beautiful wife and our two awesome boys. We love good food, good music, and good comedy.

Cheers to all!
Bob
smiley
hey Bob, im new here and Canadian too.

I would love it if you would join me on a Facebook group for Canadians who want real absinthe. We have a good number of members and discuss absinthe in canada and are trying to get our ignorant liquor boards to stock quality bottles in canada. I also liked taboo, and im sure we could discuss other brands that are available to you.

the group is called "Candians for Real Absinthe" , you can search for it on Facebook, or im not sure if this link will work:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=67…gid=33191651996

look forward to seeing you here, and on facebook.
OCvertDe
Hellos.
Nephrite
Welcome to FV!
Alan
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 02:46 PM) *

I would love it if you would join me on a Facebook group for Canadians who want real absinthe ….. the group is called "Candians for Real Absinthe" , you can search for it on Facebook, or im not sure if this link will work:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=67…gid=33191651996

The Facebook group is NOT just for Canadians (or even Candians, smiley pirate2.gif ). If you live there, or ever shop there (or would like to), please join!
smiley
goddamit! DAMMIT!

Anyone else who is a complete idiot, and whose sense of grammar and spelling has completely left them, please join me in the idiot country of Candia.

jesus christ im so embarrased.
OCvertDe
At least you're smiling. abs-cheers.gif
Zenzero
Welcome bobt.
Alan
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 09:21 PM) *

embarrased
[sic]
absinthist
Hello. Is it an invasion?
bobt
I trust it is a benevolent invasion.
OCvertDe
Are you saying you come bearing gifts?
absinthist
"Timeo Canadao et dona ferentes?"
Absomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 14 2008, 10:21 PM) *

jesus christ im.

Incredible, which chat room were you in?

You know, you could get big bucks for a transcript of that on ebay.
Kirk
Anyone else who is a complete idiot

I'm not sure Canadia has enough room for me and all the rest.
Welcome, the peanut gallery is for watching, not listening.
bobt
If I could, I would invade carrying many bottles of La Fee Verte! Now, if the Canadian provinces would just start approving quality Absinthes, I could get on with my scheme.
Rimbaud
Thanks for The Kids in the Hall & Neil Young.

Fuck you for Geddy Lee & Celine Dion.
bobt
I hear you on Geddy Lee. Celine Dion, on the other hand, did some fantastic songs in French. She's not a favorite of mine, but her early nineties work is pretty good.

My favorite music is sixties England. How do you feel about Pink Floyd?
Absomphe
I think we both miss Syd.

Nice to see you over here Terrance Phillip Bob.
bobt
Oh yes, Syd Barrett was the best. Piper at the Gates of Dawn is my favorite PF album, and I love the work Syd did solo. Have you heard Magnesium Proverb and The Madcap Laughs?

Thanks for the kind words, Absomphe.
grey boy
Check out the entertainment forum,
you'll find a few Syd fans around these parts.
Rimbaud
It's great that you like Syd & Pink Floyd, bobt. Props for that.

Unfortunately, the Celine Dion comment requires that we burn you alive.
Marc
If it was Céline Dion only… but they also brought us Garou, Natasha St Pierre and a few others, thank you guys! guillotine.gif

Welcome anyway.
Provenance
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Oct 21 2008, 08:22 AM) *
the Celine Dion comment requires that we burn you alive.

Too late. His ears are already dead.
bobt
It must have been the northern Quebec ambiance, back in the early nineties. We lived in the forested mountains, CFIX Rock Detente was on the stereo, ahh! The memories!

On another theme, I am a bit depressed over the crashing Canadian dollar. I have been looking forward to the new (very soon) release of Taboo Gold and it will cost me a fortune, since ACC only accepts US dollars. Anyone else planning on getting Gold?
grey boy
I would love to buy gold,
it has a better chance for long-term value than the US dollar.
Provenance
Why does that sound familiar?
Kirk
Put it on your credit card!
bobt
Actually, I heard from Absinthe Classics that the currency conversion is between British pounds and Canadian dollars, so when I said that ACC only accepts American dollars I was mistaken. Please feel free to chastise me for not doing my homework on that detail.

I have been very impressed by David Nathan-Maister, he has answered my email questions promptly and thoroughly. I am looking forward to doing business with ACC. If only there was a way to get the whole Absinthe Classics product line north of 49, I am hoping to eventually taste Doubs Mystique.
smiley
I have a question, have any of you Americans ever visited Canada? Eh? Eh?

Fuck us for Celine Dion? Is that it? Celine Dion is the TOP she-devil of Canada?

Yes, and America, thank you for George Bush, thank you for the Middle East, thanks for pulling the rest of the world into a war nobody wants to be in, thank you for obesity and increasingly less provoking art and entertainment, thank you for Martha Stewart and Oprah and Dr. Phil.

By the way, we should have been thanked for William Shatner.

If you'll excuse me, I'm abooot to go oooout to play some hockey and have some beer.
G&C
Don't forget your tuque, eh?
OCvertDe
I've been to Canada several times. Sadly, getting out can be a lot easier than getting in.

Oh- and, don't thank America for George Bush, we didn't vote him in. As for Oprah and Dr. Phil, I'm pretty sure there are enough morons out there that a few make it big in every country.
Provenance
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 28 2008, 04:56 PM) *
we should have been thanked for William Shatner.

Um… no.
Absomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Oct 28 2008, 05:56 PM) *

I have a question, have any of you Americans ever visited Canada? Eh? Eh?

I was a member of a five-pin bowling team in a Fort Erie league, prolly before you were even born, hoser.

I mean, what else was a freshman at UB supposed to do, besides gorging on chicken wings, beef on weck, ducks blood soup, and swilling cases of Molson Stock Ale, eh?…that's the xit that attracted me to our colony to the north, in the first place.

I love Canadia, and Canadianians, with their self-deprecating senses of humour, their beady eyes, flapping heads, and chronically receding hairlines.

Now that I'm living in Bellingham, Washington, I don't visit Canadianiania qite so often, because the wait at the border has become a Major Payne in the arse, since 9/11. However, I see droves of your ilk flooding into my town constantly, to take advantage our "cheap" gas, and other commodities, and I'm delighted to see those loonies (and the coins,as well) stimulating our somewhat flagging economy.

I could even forgive you for likes of Geddy, Bill, Alanis, and possibly Celine, but Tom Green will forever keep your entire nation on my shit list.
Rimbaud
C'mon 'somphe, tell me THIS isn't funny.

Kirk
Beautiful.
Absomphe
Not bad, but…

Kids in the Hall define "Sausages" for me.

However, since they're also Canadianianianian, mebbe I can forgive ol' Smiley. afterall.
OCvertDe
On second thought… IPB Image
Rimbaud
SAUSAGES!!!!!
smiley
No one liked SCTV?
Absomphe
Traitor.
scuto
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Oct 29 2008, 03:55 PM) *

Scott Thompson did such an excellent job drooling in that sketch.

Edit: looked it up--season 4, episode 15, "Love and sausages."
bobt
Oh yeah, that's one of the best!
smiley
What about Rush? They're Canadian.
G&C
They certainly are.
Absomphe
Good thing, too.

We certainly wouldn't want to take "credit" for them.
bobt
I struggle with the RUSH thing …. I'm no fan, but my 13 year old son really likes them and can play many of their songs on guitar.
smiley
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Nov 6 2008, 05:45 PM) *

We certainly wouldn't want to take "credit" for them.

Haha, yeah, because America is known for taking credit where credit is due, *cough cough*, haha, *cough cough* NIXON, *cough* THE MIDDLE EAST, *cough cough*, NATIVE AMERICANS, *cough*, hahaha, yeah, you guys arrived just in time for WWII, hahaha.

Please, Canada doesn't even need to assert itself.
Kirk
It's a good thing, too, eh?
Green Baron
Ok, I'm late to this party, mostly because I'm a slothful, lazy (and tonight, just a bit drunk) U.S.ian. But I welcome all Canucks, and, as you suggested (and as discussed on other forums), thank you so fucking much for Shatner. He's a pimpinella if I ever saw one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.