Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edward John Izzard
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Zenzero
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=TjC3R6jOtUo
Doctor Love

Wasn't he on some failed sitcom or something? He should stick to the cross-dressing stand-up comedy, much more entertaining.

Steve
"The Riches" was not a sitcom, and it was awesome. I love Minnie Driver. I was very sad when it wasn't renewed. I hate it when they leave things unresolved and then cancel a good series. Huff was another show I loved that didn't get renewed a couple years back.

Doctor Love

Sorry Spoon, never saw it. What channel was it on?
Wild Bill Turkey
He's done a fair amount of movie work, too. If you register at IMDB you can watch full episodes of The Riches.
Eddie Izzard's IMDB page
Steve
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 23 2008, 06:15 PM) *

Sorry Spoon, never saw it. What channel was it on?

I have no idea, TiVo handles that part.
Rimbaud
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 23 2008, 05:47 PM) *

Wasn't he on some failed sitcom or something? He should stick to the cross-dressing stand-up comedy, much more entertaining.

You should stick to shutting the fuck up. Much more tolerable.
Doctor Love
And a good morning fuck you to you too, sir.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 23 2008, 09:15 PM) *

Sorry Spoon, never saw it.

Well that makes your opinion of it extremely qualified, yes? Are there any other things you are largely ignorant of which you would nonetheless like to make proclamations about?

You think he should give up acting based on acting you've never seen. Gosh that makes you sound smart. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, poser?
Patlow
LARS!.gif
Doctor Love

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Oct 24 2008, 08:03 AM) *
Well that makes your opinion of it extremely qualified, yes? Are there any other things you are largely ignorant of which you would nonetheless like to make proclamations about?

You think he should give up acting based on acting you've never seen. Gosh that makes you sound smart. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, poser?

You misunderstood my statement. I have seen his stand up act and find it very funny. I thought his show was a sit-com, and I don't find sit-coms funny at all, thus my sentiment. Yes I was incorrect that his show was a sit-com, thus my apology to Spoon. Does it make you feel good to be a dick about it?

Alyssa Dyane
I thought Eddie Izzard was the only real highlight of the movie "Across the Universe". He was a fabulous Mr. Kite.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 24 2008, 11:35 AM) *

You misunderstood my statement. I have seen his stand up act and find it very funny. I thought his show was a sit-com, and I don't find sit-coms funny at all, thus my sentiment. Yes I was incorrect that his show was a sit-com, thus my apology to Spoon. Does it make you feel good to be a dick about it?

Does thinking it was a sit-com make your opinion of what Izzard should do with his career more qualified?

What's more dickish? Let's put it to a vote:
A) Me pointing out that you were criticizing something of which you were totally ignorant
B) You criticizing something of which you were totally ignorant

Doctor Love
More qualified? Was I charging Izzy for for professional career advice? No, I was making a comment. Meanwhile all you've contributed to this thread is a bad attitude. This thread is about a comedian, lighten up already. Life's too short to be a dick about everything.

Here, have a beer
IPB Image
Kirk
You forgot to add "bro"
eric
Oh Snap!
Rimbaud
I vote B, for Bag of the douchey variety.
Donnie Darko
Ha!
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 24 2008, 12:34 PM) *

Was I charging Izzy for for professional career advice?

Nobody ever said you "charged" him for professional career advice, but you did offer it. Let's review:
Wasn't he on some failed sitcom or something? He should stick to the cross-dressing stand-up comedy

That sounds like you're giving professional career advice, in response to a show which you never saw, no less. If you have a hard time figuring out which part is the professional career advice part, let me help. It's the part where you said he should stick to cross-dressing stand-up comedy.

I was making a comment.

Yes! Very good! You were making what is known as "a comment". If you look hard enough you'll find those "comment" thingamajigs all over this forum.

Life's too short to be a dick about everything.

Life is too short to waste my time acknowledging your posts. Thanks for the beer though, I'll need that and about 100 more to forget how much time I've already wasted responding to things you've said.
Wild Bill Turkey
Your 1st response to the original post:
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 23 2008, 02:47 PM) *

Wasn't he on some failed sitcom or something? He should stick to the cross-dressing stand-up comedy

and then:
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 24 2008, 09:34 AM) *

all you've contributed to this thread is a bad attitude.

IPB Image
Zenzero
Hey girls, quit fuckin' up my piss/beer thread!
Doctor Love

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Oct 24 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Life is too short to waste my time acknowledging your posts.

Then don't.

QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Oct 24 2008, 11:08 AM) *

Your 1st response to the original post:

Sorry if you viewed that in a negative light, that was not my intention. Instead, I was expressing my appreciation for his stand-up comedy talent.

Zenzero
And stop apologizing for shit that wasn't supposed to be said in the first place.
Doctor Love
Sorry Plain2.gif
Alyssa Dyane
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 24 2008, 01:34 PM) *

Sorry if you viewed that in a negative light, that was not my intention. Instead, I was expressing my appreciation for his stand-up comedy talent.

If someone said to me that I should stick to watercolors because my acrylics suck, I would not take that to be a comment on their appreciation of my watercolors. I would take it more as just a slam on my acrylics. Maybe my glass is just half empty, but it sounds kind of like an insult to me.
Doctor Love

Well luckily Mr. Izzard doesn't read this board so I won't have to apologize to him too.

Zenzero
I'm glad you said that cdog-plain.gif
G&C
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 24 2008, 02:11 PM) *

Well luckily Mr. Izzard doesn't read this board …

Are you sure about that?
Kirk
. . .
Absomphe
™.
Kirk
I'm waiting for the little xit to comment further about absinthe,
herbs,
recent distillation theory and
it's history.
Doctor Love

QUOTE(G&C @ Oct 24 2008, 04:27 PM) *
Are you sure about that?

I would imagine he'd have far better things to do.

QUOTE(Kirk @ Oct 24 2008, 10:19 PM) *

herbs,
it's history.

I'm honored for your anticipation and your unnecessary apostrophe.

G&C
More assumptions.
absinthist
QUOTE(Kirk @ Oct 24 2008, 09:19 PM) *

herbs,
it's history.

I woood like as wella

QUOTE(Doctor Love @ Oct 25 2008, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(G&C @ Oct 24 2008, 04:27 PM) *
Are you sure about that?

I'm honored for your anticipation and your unnecessary apostrophe.

Hbae you ever paid close close attention? 'Twasd intentional. Cheers to Kirkenstein! The Artist of all Artists™. No, Tits is not drunk, just the prelude…
smiley
Anyways, getting back to Eddie Izzard, the guy is fucking hilarious. I haven't seen his sitcom or show, but now that I know about it, I should check it out. To me, some of his early and later standup was hit and miss, but his "Dress to Kill" special was by far the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, I highly reccomend it. His bit seems to be one long continuous story that revolves around British colonial history and… dressing like a woman. Funny shit.
smiley
Yeah, redundantly posting twice:

Here, this clip is from "Dress to Kill":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEx5G-GOS1k

Zenzero
And it's still funny!
Absomphe
He looked like Oliver Reed meets Tony Curtis in drag.

I liked him in "Velvet Goldmine".
Donnie Darko
I love his Darth Vader in the lunch line at the Death Star routine. I cried I laughed so hard.
Doctor Love
He's Bexhillian, supposedly, and according to completely unreliable sources, is considering a foray into European politics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.