Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe from Europe
The Fe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Mr. Kite
Am heading to Europe and will bring back half a dozen bottles. Certainly two of which shall be Jade Edouard and Belle Amie.

Would anyone wish to offer a couple of suggestions for bringing home?

Mr. Kite
Rimbaud
Don't count on Belle Amie.

Ain't no more.

PTFAYFF.

It's for your benefit, Mr. Kite.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Nov 3 2008, 07:54 AM) *

Don't count on Belle Amie.

Ain't no more.

Ain't aging so well, neither, IMO.
Steyr850
What you said.
Zenzero
QUOTE(Mr. Kite @ Nov 3 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Am heading to Europe and will bring back half a dozen bottles. Certainly two of which shall be Jade Edouard and Belle Amie.

Would anyone wish to offer a couple of suggestions for bringing home?

Mr. Kite

Get yourself some Helfrich, Clandestine and some Roquette.

smiley
Really, half a dozen bottles? I was under the impression that the limit was 1 litre per person for spirits. Perhaps you are travelling with 5 other people? I recently visited the States, but their selection isn't much better than what is currently available to a Canuck like myself. I'm not sure if I'd have even chosen to bring back six bottles of Lucid, were that an option. Customs was a bitch. I mean, I'm for security. I also happen to be for manners and dignity and humanity. The customs officers were rude as hell, and all the people at the other end of the line looked violated, and this is no exaggeration.

I mean, come on, are you going to SCARE the terrorist out of me?
OCvertDe
Into you, is more likely.
Green Baron
Helfrich is awesome if you like bold and herbaceous. I love the verte, and I've heard the blanche is great too. Roquette's not a bad idea either. Clandestine's great, but since the Charlotte (53%, blue bottle, blue label) is available in the US, I'd wait (unless you're getting a non-US variety).

Other ideas for stuff to bring back if you can indeed bring back more than 1 bottle of Jade Ed:

L'Italienne
Maitresse Rouge
Duplais Balance or Twin Tec
Jade Verte Suisse (if you're looking for more than one Jade)
La P'tite
Doubs Mystique
Blanchette
Gertz
"Europe"? Where, exactly? It's not like every shop on every corner on the continent is stuffed with quality absinthe. And there is nothing to be found that you couldn't get much easier simply by ordering it.
absinthist
QUOTE(Zenzero @ Nov 3 2008, 04:22 PM) *

Get yourself some Helfrich, Clandestine and some Roquette.

What Kettle said. Add to it Helfrich blanche to have comparison with Clandestine, and L'Italienne, to have all four dimensions of style: very old: Roquette, very herbal aka crazy: Helfrich verte, very very herbal: Helfrich blanche, 100% la bleue: Clandestine, very floral: L'Italienne.
Zenzero
Mr. Kite, Just make sure you visit Paris, Amsterdam or Heidelberg. Maybe some of us around here know about some cities in particular where distilled absinthe in sold in stores.

In Paris you'll find at least, Vert d'Absinthe, in Amsterdam, Ton Overmars and last but not least
in Heidelberg, Galerie Grner Engel.

That's all I know, so it depends on where you're going.

Happy hunting.

Zenzero
Could someone tell me where I can get a fine bottle of l'Italienne from the store??

The Standard Deviant
From Mantova, possibly.
Doctor Love
Clandestine can be had in the U.S. now (woohoo) so I'd say you may want to try to find something you can only get in Europe. If it were me I'd stock up on some Doubs Mystique if it can be found in a store; I have no idea about its availability, but it's delicious! Can't go wrong with any of the Jades either.
Zenzero
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Nov 5 2008, 12:54 AM) *
From Mantova, possibly.
Ah! That's only 700 miles from here. Thanks.
Zenzero
Anyway, Doubs is sold at the Pernot distilleries in Pontarlier and probably at Verte d 'Absinthe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.