Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet the new Marty, same as the old Marty
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Crumple
Looks fancy, I might buy it.

http://www.absinthemarteau.com/
OCvertDe
Looks more interesting than the first iteration. We'll see if it still tastes like breath mints.
Shabba53
It's completely different from the previous offering.
Crumple
If it sucks he can't ban me here for being "rude" can he?
Shabba53
Doesn't matter to me.

You were bumped for being a puppet. How many do you have here?

As for Marteau, it will succeed or fail upon its own merit.
Crumple
No? You might want to talk to your master on that one, he seems to be confused as well.

On the latter, you are correct.
Shabba53
I have all of the information I need. Including the history of your avatars both here and there. It wasn't hard to figure out.
Crumple
Congratulations, let me clue you in on something. I don't give a fuck.
Shabba53
I'm not the one whining about being bumped and playing dumb when they got caught. Or twisting around the story about why you got bumped for that matter.
Crumple
You are the whine in the cane.

What don't you understand?
Shabba53
Blah blah blah.

If you didn't give a fuck, you wouldn't complain so much here and at the Lounge about it.
Crumple
You have to be the dumbest brown that I've seen, redeem thyself
Shabba53
You are the most boring person I've ever argued with.
Crumple
Compliments will get ya no where, best bury your head in hirams ass, oops was there

your dads ppop was the way was it not

coulda sworn I heard the ring

Not like it's known
Shabba53
Log back in with Mephistofleas. He was more enjoyable to play with.
Kirk
You really don't have a clue, do you?
Shabba53
Course not. I'm just a dumb newb. Please. Enlighten me.
Kirk
You don't want that.
Shabba53
I always like to learn about that which I do not know. How else do I know if I've overstepped my bounds?
Kirk
The lack of limits is what disturbs you most?
Shabba53
What disturbs me most is a cryptic message whose only intent is to show that you know something I don't know.

It's your choice whether or not you want to drop 'knowledge' upon me. If it's your intent to continue to play this game, that's fine with me. But you can't get upset with people if you don't inform them when they make a mistake. I've always been willing to be educated by those who know more than I do, and give respect where respect is due.
Kirk
Actually, this whole thing has been naturally limiting, nearly to the lowest common denominator.
It's similar to a study though;
Just eliminate the highs and lows, and you have the mean in between.
The highs are digitalized these days though, so the lows better buck up before they even come on line.
Kirk
I'm as clear as I can be, transparent as they come. Dumb as rock, don't mind me.
I'm a farmer and a bench whore, what more do you want?
Tibro
I want you to drop a fuckin' piano on the smelly goat.

QUOTE(Birrabase @ Dec 6 2008, 04:51 AM) *

But you can't get upset with people if you don't inform them when they make a mistake.

So you're the informer? A goat and weasel all in one?
Shabba53
No, dumbass. I was saying that Kirk was the informer, and I the one making an implied mistake.
Tibro
Almost right. Kirk is informed. And you are a mistake.

Are people informed of their mistakes before being banned at that other forum?
Kirk
You use the word "forum" rather loosely. the talking plastic Flora and Fauna are fantastic there though, repeating only what is preordained. All the while, goose stepping to the tune of "Zippity Doo Dah". what a wonderful day.
Kirk
Come to think of it, that movie is banned in the US, so. . . maybe not
Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 6 2008, 09:07 AM) *

Are people informed of their mistakes before being banned at that other forum?

Actually, yes. At least they do since I've been on the Advisory Board. Dunno what happened before then.
Tibro
So the fooks that have been banned know it's for disparaging the admin, his products or sycophantic hangers-on?
Jaded Prole
Or for arousing the paranoid delusions of the Lord™ and as agreed by the Adversary Board.
Shabba53
Speaking of paranoid delusions…
Tibro
What are you trying to imply? Prole's opinion is neither delusional nor paranoid. I'd say it's a fair call on an admin that repeatedly bans members from his forum who voice opinions critical of the admin, his products or his back-slapping cronies. Seems like a rational assessment to me. Someone in control of such a tightly buttoned-down society seems to be fearful of something. Such behavior doesn't exactly exude self-confidence.
Shabba53
You're telling me that there aren't a lot of ridiculous insinuations that are going on over here about the WS? Then you may not be paranoid, just in denial.

Just because the WS doesn't tolerate troublemaking doesn't make anyone paranoid or delusional. The chasm that opened up several years ago was unfortunate. But since then, it hasn't been the WS people going elsewhere trying to stir the pot. And there have been quite a few from elsewhere who have opened up puppets over at the WS just to cause problems. Others have pushed buttons specifically so that they would get disciplined and further the hostilities. It's petty. It's childish. There's no reason for it. You don't like it? Don't go there.

Call as many names, and make as many personal attacks as you like. It isn't going to change the fact that the whole situation has been blown way out of proportion, and it's nothing but pride, immaturity and a few other negative emotions that's keeping things from calming down.
Tibro
The "insinuations," as you call them, aren't ridiculous. It's not simply a matter that that other forum doesn't allow "trouble-making." That forum doesn't allow the free expression of dissenting opinion. That's why these discussions have to happen here. And it's a pity. But Hiram silences any voice that would have the audacity to question him or his products. Why? What does he fear? That's an honest question that I don't have the answer to. But censorship is an infringement on basic human rights in a free society. The "insinuation" is that WS is not a free society. And that's something to get up in arms about. Why you continue to defend such indefensible behavior is beyond me.
there have been quite a few from elsewhere who have opened up puppets over at the WS

What is this allegation about? If people "from elsewhere" are opening accounts aren't they new members? This strikes me as paranoid. But then, I don't go there, so it's just my idle speculation.
Kirk
it's nothing but pride, immaturity and a few other negative emotions that's keeping things from calming down.

You got that right.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 6 2008, 05:57 PM) *

What is this allegation about? If people "from elsewhere" are opening accounts aren't they new members? This strikes me as paranoid. But then, I don't go there, so it's just my idle speculation.

No. They are members from here or the lounge who open an account over there and pretend to be newbies and ask stupid questions, or make stupid posts just to piss people off. That's no paranoid. That's deliberately making trouble. I still don't see why people feel the need to do such things.

That forum doesn't allow the free expression of dissenting opinion.
There are plenty of places, both online and in real life that require a certain type of behavior, attitude and decorum.

I couldn't walk into my office in an Hawaiian shirt and blue jeans and sit with a Senator and expect to be treated like a respected financial advisor. My wife can't go into her job and talk politics because her particular branch must remain politically neutral. That's just life.

If you don't like it, then quit bitching, get over it and get on with your life. The obsession with the 'human rights violations' made by a privately owned internet forum is not only ridiculous, but laughable. Whether I agree with or disagree with how either of the forums are run, it's not my place to tell the respective owners how to run them, and you have no reason to take umbrage with me about them.

Why? What does he fear?
I can't speak for him, but I'm guessing that it doesn't have anything to do with what you said, but instead with a desire to create as professional an atmosphere as possible.

But censorship is an infringement on basic human rights in a free society. The "insinuation" is that WS is not a free society. And that's something to get up in arms about.
What, there isn't any censorship here? Is that why I've seen posts edited or deleted by the admins? There is censorship here too, but I don't see you complaining about it. Why? Because you agree with the degree of censorship that is being employed. Sure, it's more lax over here, but don't lie outright and say there isn't any censorship.
Tibro
You make me laugh trying to draw a parallel between an Internet forum devoted to alcohol and you in your fucking bricks-and-mortar office doing business with a scumbag politician. I'm fuckin' impressed that you can't see a difference. Keep it buttoned-down and professional. And sweep the dirt outta sight.

Crumple
[quote name='Shabba53' date='Dec 6 2008, 06:34 PM' post='166361']
[quote name='Tibro' post='166357' date='Dec 6 2008, 05:57 PM']
[/quote]
No. They are members from here or the lounge who open an account over there and pretend to be newbies and ask stupid questions, or make stupid posts just to piss people off. That's no paranoid. That's deliberately making trouble. I still don't see why people feel the need to do such things.

[quote]

If you're talking about me, it's an easy trace and I was a newby, never registered at that shithole before but not uninformed. Five posts and I was banned for being "rude", you are welcome to review my posts.
Shabba53
Sorry to lessen your ego stroking, but I wasn't talking about you. You didn't even register on my radar when I wrote that passage. Your arrival and departure was so quick, it wasn't worth the mention.
Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 6 2008, 07:46 PM) *

You make me laugh trying to draw a parallel between an Internet forum devoted to alcohol and you in your fucking bricks-and-mortar office doing business with a scumbag politician. I'm fuckin' impressed that you can't see a difference.

I do see a difference. An internet forum can have even more strict codes of conduct because it is privately owned and doesn't have any legal reprocussions of running a tight ship. You should concern yourself even less with it. And yet it seems to concern you more. Odd?

How can something so meaningless and insubstantial to your life as a whole get you so riled up that you continuously need to harp on it? Truly is amazing.
Crumple
Well whatever, who gives a merry green shit huh?
Shabba53
That's what I don't understand. Why so many people who are outside looking in (or even more strange, on the outside, and not even caring to look in) DO give a shit.
Crumple
If if's and but's were candy and nuts then oh what a christmas it would be.
smiley
Soooo…

Is this Marteau,

http://absinthemarteau.com/

the same as this Marteau,

http://www.absinthe.de/en/shop/authentic-a…sinthe-marteau/

?

Just different labels like the Duplais Verte at drinkupny?
Absomphe
Two different critters.

The first one contains celery seed, and perhaps a couple of other twists on a more tradtional recipe and was particularly designed to be a good cocktail mixer, (it was distilled across the pond) while the second one is a more traditional Pontarlier style recipe, and is ditilled in Portland.
smiley
But both are concocted by Mr. Gwydion Stone? The reason I want to know, is because I'm actually able to get my Canadian hands on a bottle. I've heard some good things about the one made overseas, and I saw a nice video of a louche on the net, its a Matter absinthe, correct?
Le Gimp
It's a self aggrandizing forum of yes men as far as I can see.

I've been there for a while, and will not troll to get banned (temporary suspended forever) but am not ashamed to say what it is.

A turd by any other name smells just the same.

Pay to be on it.

Not on your life!
Steve
QUOTE(smiley @ Dec 6 2008, 08:31 PM) *

I've heard some good things about the one made overseas,

That stuff was the worst absinthe I've bought in several years, and I've bought some bad absinthe in my time. I'm sure the new version must be better.
speedle
Yes, because the old version doesn't Matter anymore.

At some point I thought that line would come out funnier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.