Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amsterdam closing all the fun places
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Steve
What's the world coming to? Now I'm seriously worried…
Absomphe
Sad news, indeed, although you misspelled 'cumming'.
dakini_painter
Perhaps the Danes haven't discovered that there's an economic crisis going on…
Steve
You better not let Gertz hear that Amsterdam is in Denmark, nor Helfrich hear that he is a Dane!
Provenance
It's very kind of the Netherlands to open new economic opportunities for America.
dakini_painter
Sorry, looks like I had the map upside down!

I apologize to all the Danes I may have offended by assuming that Amsterdam was in their country!
pirate2.gif
crosby
I'm betting you went to public school.
dakini_painter
Correect! And I know that 2 and 2 equal 5 too. You see, I'm smart! I even have all my teeth. blink.gif
Jaded Prole
dang yankees
Helfrich
Having lived in the Netherlands for almost 40 years, I think I wouldn't really mind being a Dane.
Le Gimp
Cafe Old Sailor, 1973.

When I looked out my window I saw a lighted sing "Sex Shop".

Le Gimp
Too bad the best beer on tap was Heineken.

But the Hash was great.

There was a bar across the street from the police station which was right down the street past the hookers. You could buy hash there at a really reasonable price. People were smoking it right at the bar.

I miss the 'good old days'…….
Gertz
QUOTE(Helfrich @ Dec 23 2008, 06:47 AM) *

Having lived in the Netherlands for almost 40 years, I think I wouldn't really mind being a Dane.

It's a bit less crowded up here, but the booze is more expensive.
Patlow
It looks like yet another great city is going to look and feel more like Disneyland down the road. I thought they were only closing places in a certain proximity to schools, but it looks like a lot more than that is going on. I can feel their pain with the organized crime. I just hope they don't replace the trolley cars with a monorail system complete with tour guide showing fat Americans where people USED TO be allowed to have fun. Bollucks. I spent ten days in a house boat there a few years ago. I will be curious to see the changes made when I visit again, if…
Tibro
QUOTE(Gertz @ Dec 23 2008, 02:14 PM) *

the booze is more expensive.

Mebbe the key is to make your own.

Or get out more often.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.