Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greetings from Houston
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Francheska
[font=Arial]Hi everyone. Another new Absinthe lover here.
SO glad to have found this forum. I have been reading posts
and I can tell there are quite a few interesting characters here!
I have tried Lucid so far and have an order on the way from
Liq de France. I got a good laugh from the guy who smoked
the wormwood! abs-cheers.gif
bobt
Hi Francheska, welcome here!
Tibro
I hope the interesting characters you refer to doesn't mean a difficult to read font. Otherwise…

Heeellllloooo there. And if you're not busy this weekend maybe we could have a couple drinks together.
OCvertDe
Welcome abs-cheers.gif
Provenance
Greetings.

Patlow
Hi. Welcome!
synthetic buddhist
hellalolaloo!
smiley
HEY!
dakini_painter
Hi! abs-cheers.gif
Francheska
QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 11 2008, 09:14 AM) *

I hope the interesting characters you refer to doesn't mean a difficult to read font. Otherwise…

Heeellllloooo there. And if you're not busy this weekend maybe we could have a couple drinks together.

I am busy this weekend, but will love to get together sometime! I assume your in HOuston then. It is a shame in Absinthe Lounge in Houston doesn't seem to be any good. no-czechs3.gif
Tibro
Socialize with real people? No, I'm strictly an Interwebs predator. Er, pterodactyl. Uh, that is, peripatetic philosopher. But my friends such say, "pfft" and be done with it.

Is that avatar really you? I could find my way to Houston. Maybe do something legendre.
eric
Good to see another member from Texas.

Welcome!

Francheska
Is that avatar really you? I could find my way to Houston. Maybe do something legendre.
[/quote]

iT IS ME, but my hubby may object! w00t2.gif
Francheska
Tibro,

I forgot to add that net stalking is fine, my hubby does work so much I need some excitement!
In real life I did have a stalker once. He was part of the Italian maffia too. It was kind of stressfull
to say the least. Too bad I didn't have Absinthe back then!

Thanks for all the greetings everyone!
Doctor Love

Welcome to the fray Francheska, what brands did you wind up ordering from LdF?

Francheska
I ordered Roquette, La Ptite , and Doubs. They told me they were out of Doubs though. I really wanted to try it after all my research. I may have done something I could regret,,,,,, I told them for a third bottle
to surprise me! I want to try most of what they have. It was a hard desicion. I have been reading the Leopold thread and may have to go to the bigger Specs in Houston to get it. Our store isn't that large by me.
They only sale Lucid and the stuff I dont think I will ever try in the pretty bottle,, isn't it Provendence?
I read it tastes like Scope.

All the information on this site is great and helps a new person tremendously!
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Francheska @ Dec 11 2008, 03:59 PM) *
It is a shame in Absinthe Lounge in Houston doesn't seem to be any good.

I took some nice absinthe there once and talked to the owner some years ago, You should have seen how mad I made the owners wife when I told her burning sugar cubes are for idiots.

QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 11 2008, 04:18 PM) *
Is that avatar really you? I could find my way to Houston. Maybe do something Legendre.

Rumor has it you can do something Legendre inside the loop. harhar.gif

Click to view attachment
absinthist
Howdy Francheska and stick to Impy and Eric-They are the centre of Texas Absinthe Universe. And fer xure will share their obsession with ya!
Tibro
Are you suggesting she fall in with the mafia types again? Well, to be honest, they are good fellas.
Francheska
I do fall for the bad guys Tibro!

Maybe that's why I wanted to try Absinthe so bad ,, with it not being legal here
for so long!

With Lucid not being one of the best and as much as I liked it,, I may
have a real problem when I get hold of the good stuff. I tend to do everything
150% if I like it. It's a good thing it isn't cheap. I might would drink it everyday.
I already have fantasies of opening up a real Absinthe bar. I dreamed about
Absinthe last night. I am starting to feel like I joined a Green Goddess cult and
that I love it.

I would love top hear how everyone became aqainted with the lucious green elixer.
Kirk
I heard a little voice, turned out it was nature talking to me.
Absomphe
Welcome, Francheska!

One day (back in the fall of 1976), I was perusing an 1880s guide to making homemade liqueurs, and cordials that I found on the shelf of my local public library, when I spotted a recipe for absinthe. The next day, I visited an old herb shop in Greenwich Village, bought the listed herbage, and some Double Tvarski Vodka, and proceeded to macerate a batch of the vilest tasting swill imagineable.

Howvever, it wasn't until 2000 that I got to experience the flavor of a decent distilled la bleue, and from then on, I was hooked.
absinthist
Back in the 90's I was reading a lot about Belle Epoque and considered Lautrec and van Gogh as my friends and masters. The subject of absinthe came naturally and it ended with going to the local herboristerie and purchasing 50g of wormwood (crappy quality, chopped with stems). Not long ago since then I have planted my own and sinked into the aura absinthe seduces us with.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Francheska @ Dec 12 2008, 08:40 AM) *
I would love top hear how everyone became aqainted with the lucious green elixer.

QUOTE(Kirk @ Dec 12 2008, 09:17 AM) *

I heard a little voice, turned out it was nature talking to me.

Uncle Claude told me everything I need to know.

Click to view attachment
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(absinthist @ Dec 12 2008, 08:54 AM) *
…sinked…

Click to view attachmentTruer words never typed.

---Tish looking-up.gif
MrsAbsomphe
Welcome to the forum, Francheska!

I tried La Bleue for the romance…stayed with absinthe for the taste.

(Sorry for the totem post!)

---Tish looking-up.gif
Nephrite
QUOTE(Francheska @ Dec 12 2008, 06:40 AM) *

It began with a case of St George… than I discovered real absinthe. Iffen your thinkin' of openin' an absinthe bar, please PM. Slainte Mhath!
Nephrite
Sorry Sixela, that should have said, "then I discovered real absinthe" blink.gif
Francheska
I got my package from LDF and felt like a little kid opening a present. After having four
children of my own, I rarely feel like one myself!
Tibro
As an adult you must be aware that the fun doesn't stop with unwrapping the package. You gotta get the cork(s) out and let it flow. Make it milky. Then it'll be good for you, too.

Seriously, congrats.
Francheska
I wonder if the louche is affected by the type of water one has. Their are a lot of minerals in the water
where I live.

The surprise bottle they sent me is La Valdetra Verte. There is one review for it on here.
I am drinking first because I tried to open the 1797 and the t-cork broke. Oops! I have to
finish a bottle of wine (damn!) to use my crystal cork for the 1797.

Thanks for being so nice Tibro! So where are you from?

Tibro
QUOTE(Francheska @ Dec 16 2008, 10:35 PM) *

Thanks for being so nice Tibro!

I'm preserving this quote for Shabba to see.

Cold, cold, icy cold frigid water dripped slowly for agitation, Francheska. Everything will be just fine.

Oh, and I'm from your deepest, darkest fantasies. Don't tell your husband.
Francheska
So far it tastes like a mild for of Lucid with more of a floral taste.

Tibro, you make me laugh! Your fun. tongue.gif
Tibro
QUOTE(Francheska @ Dec 16 2008, 10:57 PM) *

Your fun.

My fun what?

I sure hope you're better orally than you are in writing.
a mild for of Lucid
Francheska
Combine cold medicine and one glass of the green liquid!
I meant a milder form of Lucid. It doesn't help holding a 6 month old and a 2 yr old while I type.

I have been told I am at my best orally.
Tibro
What about the the 6 month old? Bottle baby? Or do I need to be jealous?
Shabba53
QUOTE(Tibro @ Dec 16 2008, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Francheska @ Dec 16 2008, 10:35 PM) *

Thanks for being so nice Tibro!

I'm preserving this quote for Shabba to see.

I have no doubt you're a nice guy to beautiful women. I'd be disapointed if you weren't. abs-cheers.gif

Now if you'd just be nice to the devil's advocate that pokes his head in around here stirring up trouble every once in a while…
Francheska
i just need to start a forum for people typing one handed from holding babies!
its much easier one handed not to us punctuation or caps.

he just got on bottle. after 3 girls i never put him down.
sixela
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Dec 17 2008, 12:06 AM) *

I have no doubt you're a nice guy to beautiful women.

I'm not, at least not to women who type adjacent commas. Some things just can't be excused by features that would be redeeming in other circumstances. Not even if they confess a lack of self-importance makes them write the first person personal pronoun in small case.
Provenance
Francheska,

Would I be correct in presuming that English is not your first language?
sixela
I didn't know languages existed in ,,, which punCTuation and CAPiTalisation were s o different…

…but I'm done with the subject. I've cracked my whip and done my duty.
Provenance
In which case I'll avoid mentioning that quoting in full the post directly above your own is really quite needless.
Jaded Prole
One might consider the contributing circumstances -- a glass of booze in one hand and an infant in the other.
G&C
Then she shouldn't be drinking and typing.
She has children to tend to.
Jaded Prole
Children will drive you to drink!
G&C
After they are gone the drinking may commence.

How you rid yourself of them is another matter indeed.
Francheska
I am tired of the rude people on here. I have been nothing but nice. I have been extremly sick for two weeks, on all sorts of medicines, etc. I have seen on many forums people who are nice are much less formal and tend to have conversational style typing rather than act like stuck up a$$holes who live to point out flaws in other people. I was a straight A student in school and everyone that knows me thinks I am one of the best mothers they have met. I am sorry if my average of four hours of sleep at night recently has made me not live up to this boards impossible standards. It's sad some real jerks have to always be rude and ruin what could be fun. I was born and raised in the USA and proud of it. Everyone that knows me knows I am a nice person. (way to nice to a fault)

I thought it would be nice to meet people on here that shared a common interest, but I guess not being an Absinthe drinker for 20 yrs and owning my own Absinthe label makes certain ones want to run me off thinking I am some stupid female. My IQ is 145. You can kiss my a** rude people. To the nice ones I am sorry. I have better things to do than to chat with rude butthead alcoholics.
Kirk
Well, hello there, welcome to the bored.
OCvertDe
And another innocent discovers the sad truth about The Absinthe Forum at la Fée Verte's Absinthe House. IPB Image
Shabba53
How many people have been driven away lately? Quite a few by my count. Good job fellas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.