Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perique out of stock at LdF.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
BigMike
Hello everyone,

Must be at least 2 years since I was last on this forum, hello to anyone who remembers me.

I want to buy some of Ted's Perique for a friend but LdF are out of stock. Does anyone know when they might be making some more?

Bottoms up.

Mike
Donnie Darko
I had some last year, bought my boss a bottle as a Christmas present. It's too bad the law required it to have sugar, I think it would be better without it, but it's still really good. The aftertaste is fantastic. I know it isn't easy to get the Tobacco it's made from, maybe that's one reason why it's out of stock.
BigMike
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Dec 14 2008, 04:03 PM) *

I had some last year, bought my boss a bottle as a Christmas present. It's too bad the law required it to have sugar, I think it would be better without it, but it's still really good. The aftertaste is fantastic. I know it isn't easy to get the Tobacco it's made from, maybe that's one reason why it's out of stock.

All the reviews I've seen of it have been favourable and it's just the kind of unusual gift that one particular friend of mine would really enjoy. I'll keep my fingers crossed they make some more in the new year.

Come on Ted, you know you want too…
Steyr850
Ain't as showy, but Firefly Sweet Tea tastes about the same for about a third the price, but alas, I see your over there and the Tea­™ is only here.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Dec 14 2008, 08:03 AM) *

It's too bad the law required it to have sugar, I think it would be better without it, but it's still really good.

Just like Chartreuse V.E.P.

A few select liqueurs would be so much better if only they were liquors.
Provenance
True dat.
Jaded Prole
It's the price of having a bunch of micromanaging know-nothings making the rulz.

Maybe another advantage HG has over CO. . .
dakini_painter
I don't know of any rule that would require a spirit made with Perique tobacco to be a liqueur rather than a liquor. It's up to the maker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.