Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $7 million jail cell
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Doctor Love

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/WallStreet/s…0363&page=1

Bernard Madoff, accused of the largest fraud in U.S. history, will be allowed to remain in his $7 million Park Avenue apartment instead of being sent to jail, under terms of an agreement announced today by federal prosecutors.

After screwing private individuals, charities, and other organizations out of billions of dollars, this piece of trash gets to lounge in his luxury penthouse instead of rotting in jail…

Peoples' lives are ruined and this sick phuck sits there in posh surroundings only concerned with his own skin. Where's the hemlock…

Donnie Darko
Wha? He failed to meet his bail requirement, so they decided not to send him to jail anyway? That is some unconscionable bullshit right there.

The bastard will go to jail eventually, but the trial could take years.
Kirk
Too bad it wasn't a drug charge, they'd hold him without bail.
Tibro
He was prolly funding all the blow for all the prosecutors in his district.
Donnie Darko
Yeah, Sean Penn in Carlito's Way was probably the lead prosecutor.
Jaded Prole
Popcorn Sutton won't be as fortunate.
Kirk
chirp
Hillbilly
Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.
Kirk
This place used to be better than The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart for topical news.
OCvertDe
Now it's just tropical news.
Kirk
Marriage aside, Kim Davis should be thrown in jail for the hair.
Kirk
Obama, yesterday, on Republicans calling for the halt of Syrian refugees coming to the U.S.: "Apparently they're scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America."
G&C
The only pics I see are all men of fighting age.
Where are the women and children?
G&C
Where are the open doors and sympathy for the Christians being slaughtered?
Kirk
Aren't these christian refugees?
Kirk
But they are dangerous.
Kirk
If left exposed.
Kirk
Kim Davis, now there is a hot christian girl.
Jaded Prole
Good, and and decent response Kirk.

Many of the refugees coming from Syria went there from Iraq first due to our destructive invasion. Most people are just caught in the middle and in Syria there are no "good guys." Our country played a major role in creating this refugee migration and we should do what we can to send assistance and take in people -- vetting them, of course. We also should work with other countries to stabilize the situation, not by expanding the violence. Military adventurism created the problem and we cannot solve it with bombs and guns which only serve to fanaticize people and create more refugees.

This letter of mine appeared in the local paper the other day:

I agree with the editorial that no simple answer to terrorism will suffice, including a vengeful escalation of the violence which created ISIS. Sadly, we fail to look at causes and to perpetuate, rather than undermine violent fanaticism. Our country has spent billions of dollars to kill millions of people who've done absolutely nothing to us in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Yemen. We've created mass geographies of terror beneath bombs and drones. We've organized, trained and armed butchers, including ISIS, in every part of the globe for the benefit of corporate profits. We've turned ancient cities to rubble replacing civilization with barbarism. We've created and fed injustice and resentments spreading the fires of war. Paris is safer than Sanaa or Beirut. It's heaven compared to Rafah. It is not threatened with the destruction of Fallujah or Jenin.

I mourn the murdered of all those places and tomorrow's ghosts yet walking. More of the same violence will only feed the monstrous cycle of endless war, vengeance and barbarism. It is too late in the day for this. Our planet is at the tipping point of survivability and our common existence demands an end to war. An end to war demands an end to injustice, to debt-colonialism, enforced austerity and the arrogance of empire. It demands an end to arms production and exportation, and an end to short-sighted competitive nationalism if the collapse of civilization is to be avoided in our lifetimes.
Kirk
I don't know these people, by listening to the news I am not educated, I am confused and never sure of the reality of the situation so I have to rely on instinct, and my instinct is to assume these people are human beings, just like me, to think otherwise, my gut tells me would be wrong.
I know the cause of terrorism, it's not war, it's very simple really; contract fraud and the attendant political- economic systems that are it's spawn. No matter how primitive, backward or isolated a people may be they can clearly see when their resources are being plundered, wasted and concentrated in the hands of a few. Stop contract fraud in all it's forms and you will stop not only terrorism but much of the pain and suffering that exist in this world.
Jaded Prole
Yep, that gets to the nitty-gritty of it.
G&C
This is the nitty gritty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoZwIDlIL5Q
G&C
Never mind.

Y'all like the taste of the Koolaid too much.
Kirk
I know, I give in to fear and join the bandwagon at the drop of a hat.
The unemployment rate in Virginia is 4%, the last time a republican held office it was a lot higher and the world was a much darker place all around. I'm afraid every time a republican holds the office the economy crashes, people die, fear and loathing lead the day, what is up with that? Is there a cure?
Kirk
Peace and prosperity are over rated, right?
4% unemployment is really low, especially for Virginia, maybe Sweden has 4%.
and the survey says:
"The U.S. economy has grown far more rapidly under Democratic presidents than under Republican presidents since World War II"
"Far more rapidly", means the republicans ripped us off, every time, they crashed it, if you will recall, fear and loathing lead the day any time we have a republican in office. After Dick Cheney and curious George the republicans should abandon the party name and start a new one because they shit all over that one, unfortunate too, we need two.
G&C
It's only 4% because they don't count those not collecting but still un or underemployed.

Like me.

So the current liar in chief is not playing the fear card? Not race baiting and using any tragedy to call for taking away more rights?

It's all he's done since taking office.
If he had an R next to his name you'd be hanging him, also.
G&C
Do as he says, not as he does…

OBAMA's CARBON FOOTPRINT!

Kirk
If he had an R next to his name you'd

You might be right, I hate most politicians though and they all make me mad, has he made you as mad as the last pres?
G&C
MORE!!!!!
G&C
The tripe spewing from his hole has created this.
Kirk
Alex Jones says it was all a put on, staged by the "left".staged
G&C
It worked for Hitler in the 1930s.
Kirk
The worst you can say Obama has done to you is make people feel afraid to be called racist and fly his big stinky jet to an anti pollution gathering?
Kirk
Political correctness has gone too far, you are right. People are afraid of sounding anything. I like my bubble, the reality of city life is far away.
Jaded Prole
My friend Angelo, visiting Paris and London writes me:

"Don't believe what the TV tells you

It's only on for what they can sell you

Don't Bury your mind in your cable bundle

Don't Surf the stream or hide in your bubble

Don't Tap your phone

don't pretend

That you have 500 friends

The war is on its never over

Don't Raise your child to be a soldier

A roof for your family food on the table

1 job 2 jobs 3 if your able

news business is show business

The game is on the news is fake.

Wake up wake up be awake

Don't buy the dream

Don't feed the beast

Amazon prime won't care for the least

Don't Cover your eyes from the drowning and dying

The planet is cooked the ocean is rising

Who for the profit who for the land

Who for the feel of blood on their hands

Who to take measure for what we have lost

Who that demands we pay the cost

Where is the love

Where is the love

Where…. Is …… The….fucking Love?"
Hillbilly
Latest video from last night's Trump rally.
Kirk
New strain of zombie virus
G&C
I hear it turns people into Democrats…
Kirk
My first reaction is to refuse to believe it.
My second is sympathy for the Republicans, they have to go somewhere. . .
Jaded Prole
Many of the folks that would otherwise be oldstyle "Rockefeller" Republicans are now called "Democrats;" people like the Clintons. The GOP has been taken over by nutcases but while Trump most embodies it, as does Cruz, neo-fascism isn't isn't limited to republicans.
Kirk
As with all such heavy terms, a clear definition is needed. Fascism, as defined by its founder Benito Mussolini is The marriage of corporation and state. He clarified his vision saying “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.”
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.