Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charlie the Unicorn
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
smiley
Light up a joint and watch this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus

Donnie Darko
No need to fire up a joint. That makes you feel stoned without any herbal assistance.
Nephrite
Butt not as much as this does.
Donnie Darko
Interesting. That seems to induce what I like to call the "Guitar Hero" effect. After looking straight at that for awhile, if you look away at something else, the stationary surface you are looking at appears to be zooming and moving somewhat until your brain adjusts.
dakini_painter
Simultaneous contrast. Discovered by Chevreul in the 19th century.
Green Baron
YOU are the bonana king Smiley!
smiley
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Dec 30 2008, 04:40 PM) *

… the "Guitar Hero" effect …

Thinking one is quite good at guitar, when in reality they have merely mastered a guitar-shaped controller?!

Excuse me. I just hate that fucking game.
Green Baron
I know what you mean Smiley…If you want to play guitar, then learn how to play one.

But you seem upset, so here's a song for you while we're on the subject of music.
Nephrite

After looking straight at that for awhile, if you look away at something else, the stationary surface you are looking at appears to be zooming and moving somewhat until your brain adjusts.

Sufi spinners learned that trick some time ago.
Rimbaud
Watch this.

(I recommend turning off the stupid music)
Donnie Darko
Yeah, that's the effect I was talking about. Good thing I don't have epilepsy.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(smiley @ Dec 30 2008, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Dec 30 2008, 04:40 PM) *

… the "Guitar Hero" effect …

Thinking one is quite good at guitar, when in reality they have merely mastered a guitar-shaped controller?!

I play guitar and I like Guitar Hero. I always looked at it as more of a silly rhythm game than a guitar simulator. The funny thing is because I know how to play guitar, I actually suck at the easy mode, because it's the least like playing an actual guitar, and doesn't correlate to what you're hearing at all. Meanwhile I've heard than on expert mode, a lot of the guys who actually wrote the fucking song can't even play it on Guitar Hero. But of course there's probably a million or so 10 year old South Korean kids who can.
smiley
Yeah, Guitar Hero is fun for keeping time and patterns and rhythms I suppose. My favourite song to play is "Through the Fire and Flames" - Dragonforce. But thats about as far as I get. 90 percent of the songs are crappy, I guess they couldn't afford the rights to any good songs. The only metallica song they have is "One"! What about "Seek and Destroy"??

I just get bent out of shape because guitar hero so quintessentially captures the video game industry. Music especially is something kids should be actively pursuing, they should be living their lives, not individual comas. I lent my little brother TWO of my guitars but all he does is play that guitar hero game.

And expert mode? Forget about it. You know how much time you'd have to invest? Its ridiculous, kind of like the pokemon fad; invent a task near impossible to acheive, and then glorify it. With pokemon, it was "collecting them all", and with guitar hero … its super fast and dextrous controller skills!
grey boy
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Jan 6 2009, 11:30 AM) *

Watch this.

(I recommend turning off the stupid music)

Hmm, nothing happened.
Green Baron
You mean you didn't trip ballz? That vid clearly needs more chop.gif .

Didn't work for me 'till I maximized it and stared at it for the duration and then looked away. Pretty cool, but too much of that optical illusion shit makes my head hurt after awhile (especially those 3-D optical puzzle posters).
synthetic buddhist
ballz.

BALLZ!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.