Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get you share of the history
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
hartsmar
Or at least parts of it.
Café Royal, the legendary hang-out of many "celebs" - Oscar Wilde for one - back in the day.
It was shut down a while back and now it's time to auction off most of what's in it. with any luck you can buy a carpet which grows tulips when you drink absinthe.

abs-cheers.gif

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/p...p;iSaleNo=16733

(and the news bit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7794229.stm )
Marc
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jan 20 2009, 11:20 AM) *

with any luck you can buy a carpet which grows tulips when you drink absinthe.

I know a carpet in Pontarlier that didn't grow anything from a glass of PF1914…
absinthist
You have not spilled enough, Socky.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jan 20 2009, 02:09 PM) *

I know a carpet in Pontarlier that didn't grow anything from a glass of PF1914…

It grew into a legend.
Steve
I thought about that night when I knocked over a bottle of something really special last night and spilled a dose on the counter. I was cursing myself, then I remembered it wasn't Pernod Fils 1914 and felt a little better.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jan 20 2009, 04:20 AM) *
Or at least parts of it.

Café Royal, the legendary hang-out of many "celebs" - Oscar Wilde for one - back in the day.
It was shut down a while back and now it's time to auction off most of what's in it. with any luck you can buy a carpet which grows tulips when you drink absinthe.

I'd rather have this part of history. cdog-plain.gif

IPB Image
hartsmar
That is wonderful!
Back here they have actually restored a lot of old wall-ads like that. Reminds of the times when the government didn't run the liqour stores here... Buy the wall, rebuild it in your back yard and restore it.

Everything is for sale at the right price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.