Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ..and a second brief one
The Fe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
alcaloidXxX
Im an absinth noob.I cant wait for the first sip of a real absinth,wich is impossible to get in

the liquerstore over here,they have just one sad copy.I envy you that has gone thru the old tradition of

enjoying absinth with all the procedures and beautifull devices.

The Toulouse Loutrec quote that says something like:"drink often and in small doses"describes

perfectly my attitude towards the booz nowdays..Im never drunk these days.I was those days.Im happier

now.The absinthritual seems to fit into that kind of philosophy.Last but not least,thx for a friendly and

honest welcome despite my dull "wall of words",the best lesson so far for me in any forum.

rjordan
Where is Clint Wormwood when you need him? Get your ass in here and help this guy Hartsmar! (If your still around. I wouldn't know.)

gun thug.gif
Tibro
I think he needs Sixer's help even more. If he can see it through the bleeding eyeballs.
Gertz
QUOTE(alcaloidXxX @ Jan 25 2009, 06:45 AM) *

Im an absinth noob.I cant wait for the first sip of a real absinth,wich is impossible to get in
the liquerstore over here

Not quite: http://www.destillerat.se/

Oh, and when writing in that non-scandi language normally used on this forum, the spelling "absinth" is only used about the kind of dreck that you want to avoid. The proper kind has an 'e' in the end.

Absomphe
Who the fuck is alkyrrhoid?

QUOTE(rjordan @ Jan 25 2009, 01:17 AM) *

(If your still around. I wouldn't know 'your' from 'you're' onacuz I don't know the difference between a possessive and a contraction.)
sixela
QUOTE(Tibro @ Jan 25 2009, 11:02 AM) *

I think he needs Sixer's help even more. If he can see it through the bleeding eyeballs.

I can't. I am now suffering from post-traumatic disorder.

Alkaloid, install a spelling checker. Yes, in the lounge people are creative with spelling in an effort to be witty. But painters are often better at even dadaist art when they're trained in classical painting: you need to master an idiom to destroy it.

The same mastery of the arts is necessary for using fucking profanities.
Patlow
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
alcaloidXxX
QUOTE(sixela @ Jan 25 2009, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Tibro @ Jan 25 2009, 11:02 AM) *

I can't. I am now suffering from post-traumatic disorder.

Alkaloid, install a spelling checker. Yes, in the lounge people are creative with spelling in an effort to be witty. But painters are often better at even dadaist art when they're trained in classical painting: you need to master an idiom to destroy it.

The same mastery of the arts is necessary for using fucking profanities.

Eet ees enstallid bot Ai dunno hae tu joos et,an ajm noo skoolbojj aim an imbajjber.eh??
sixela
I'm an imbiber too, eh? That doesn't mean that gives me the right to inflict just about anything on the unwary.

I like my hangovers ethanol induced, thank you.
rjordan
Well, I wasn't going to say anything about the spelling and grammar because Engrish is not this persons first language. And secondly, Absomphe harhar.gif I do make mistakes occasionally because I am not a robot like some others here who never make mistakes and are perfect (or like to think so anyway).

gun thug.gif
Tibro
The rules for spacing are the same. If he can't get that right there's little hope he even cares about spelling and grammar.
alcaloidXxX
QUOTE(sixela @ Jan 26 2009, 02:38 AM) *

I'm an imbiber too, eh? That doesn't mean that gives me the right to inflict just about anything on the unwary.

I like my hangovers ethanol induced, thank you.

..My women love my hangovers.
alcaloidXxX
QUOTE(Tibro @ Jan 26 2009, 06:41 AM) *

The rules for spacing are the same. If he can't get that right there's little hope he even cares about spelling and grammar.
Jvla stolpskott:-)

sixela
QUOTE(rjordan @ Jan 26 2009, 06:01 AM) *

Well, I wasn't going to say anything about the spelling and grammar because Engrish is not this persons first language.

It's not mine either. And while I can cut some slack, some errors are picked up easily by spelling checkers, and there's no good excuse not to use one.

It's also the protopuberal attitude that gets to me.
rjordan
Yes, I get that Engrish is not your first language. You have learned Engrish betterer than mostest of Engrish people. And for that we are all very excited. But as I said earlier, we are not all robots who think that they are perfect. You are the exception and not the norm. There is no questioning your intelligence. Sometimes you take the language nazi persona a little bit too seriously though. I gotta askwhat is protopuberal? Looked it up in Webster's and they didn't have it.

gun thug.gif
SocratesGoneMad
It's a super big word that means "before puberty."

I'm not sure it is, actually, a real word, or rather, that is was a real word before a year or so ago.

I'd say the attitude comes from this person's childlike excitement over something new and interesting. I am often the same way when something new gets me very interested. I suppose when you've been at the same thing for a ridiculous number of years, nothing surprises you and your attitude gets old and crabby. Hooray for the newbs!
rjordan
Yeah, I figured it had something to do with puberty and all. I just had to look it up.

gun thug.gif
SocratesGoneMad
I changed my mind. It is just a protopuberal attitude.
Absomphe
QUOTE(rjordan @ Jan 25 2009, 09:01 PM) *

Well, I wasn't going to say anything about the spelling and grammar because Engrish is not this persons first language.

That's okay, the Ergaster you speak has a charm all its own.
rjordan
Um, no.

gun thug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.