Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another canadian from the cold and often foggy yonder
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Leareth
Hello! I'm another Canadian who enjoys absinthe, or at least wants to. In fact I'm from BC, so you could say I'm a Canuck's Canuck.

I only recently turned of legal age to drink Absinth and I've been interested in it for about… 5+ years, thanks to the fanfic Blood Magic by Gatewaygirl. My first experience with an absinthe product is, unfortunately, a bad one. Because you see, it was a ABSINTH! And one that isn't in the buyers guide yet either. It took me half the bottle to get used enough to the taste to be able to drink it fast enough to get the proper effect. Happily the effect was so pleasant I decided not to stop, and so I searched until I found this forum and a decent buyers guide. Thanks for all your hard work in building it guys!

I also never entered highschool but am taking college courses to get me upto that level, so my sentence structure and grammar might be lacking a bit. Please be kind to me!
Conte d'Ugenta
QUOTE(Leareth @ Jan 25 2009, 04:44 PM) *

… to get the proper effect. Happily the effect was so pleasant…

You mean being drunk? That doesn't suck actually. Or you had the infamous and very true tripping experience due to the magik thuuuujooone?
Beware, your answer will decide your destiny here.

Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate

Welcome
bobt
Hi Leareth, welcome to FV! I see you come from my family's second favorite place on earth (BC), second only because first place is the Amazon. Are you wet coast, or interior?
Leareth
definitely the wet cost, those these days it's more the icy coast, the snow on the sides of the roads are still melting!
Seano
QUOTE(Leareth @ Jan 26 2009, 05:27 PM) *

definitely the wet cost, those these days it's more the icy coast, the snow on the sides of the roads are still melting!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I grew up in the "wet" coast too. Sidney to be exact. How bout you, where are you from???
Leareth
The queen charlotte islands, I'm two ferry rides from everywhere.
Seano
I've never been there. I hear its nice.
bobt
QUOTE(Leareth @ Jan 27 2009, 11:34 PM) *

The queen charlotte islands, I'm two ferry rides from everywhere.

A top contender for the most beautiful place on the planet. If I should be allowed only one more trip in my lifetime, let it be to Haida Gwaii.
Leareth
Conte d'Ugenta: for the pleasent feeling I'm getting, please feel free to read my impressions of being under absinthe influence
smiley
Wow us FOUR Canadians in the same thread. This calls for a glass, a celebration. Did Canada just like wake up all of a sudden? Christ, this is nearly cathartic.

Leareth, (pretty name, if its yours), nice to meet you. I'm from Toronto, its snowy here too now.

I'm assuming Hills is the absinth that you started with? I don't know how, but Hills has infiltrated ALL of Canada. Anyways its what I started with too, so this means good news for you. Once you get a taste of an authentically produced absinthe, you won't look back.

Here are two very good absinthes you might want to check out:

http://premierwines.ca/store/category/22/180/Absinthe/

They're a shop in Nova Scotia who deliver. They stock Clandestine La Bleue, probably the best blanche available to us right now. They also stock Taboo absinthe, produced natively in your neighborhood, BC. Taboo is good too.

Premier is going to stock Alain's Angelique near springtime as well, which I am looking forward to.

Anyways, I hope this wasn't too forward for me to suggest, but it looks like you're not batting well for good brands at the moment.

I know premier only stocks a few brands at the moment, but you'll soon find out that only a few vendors ship to Canada. And unless you want to fork out heavy cash for overseas bottles, well… there's really no alternative.

Don't worry; me likes the absinthe drunk too, good old ethanol.

Again, good to make your acquaintance:)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.