Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Tree Distellery Absinth 0,7
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Leareth
This is the first absinthe product I ever tasted, and it was a most unfortunate encounter. It's too bad that I hadn't more experience, or I'm sure the ingredient list would have tipped me off "colour" being the most notable.

At first the colour is a pleasant sapphire's green, when diluted with water it becomes more blue then green. The smell is pungent and barely hints of anise. When tasted straight up it tastes slightly of anise, but mostly like an alcoholic mouthwash, a comparison that remains through out. When prepared the proper way, though I have no sugar cubes, it still tastes horrible and burns the tongue and throat. The effects of it, if you can stand the taste enough to drink it quickly, are pleasant enough to encourage me to keep searching for a real absinthe.

tongue.gif I ordered this through the Co-op here where I live, it's one of the only three absinthe products available for special order. Probably the highest quality absinthe drink I can special order in is "Absente, absinthe refined." frusty.gif The third option being Hills. *sigh* Costly shipping prices here I come I suppose.
Green Baron
Sorry to hear about that experience. And none of the options you listed are worth it. Well, at least when you get a chance to taste the real stuff, it'll taste great by comparison.

However, as I understand it, folks in the great white north can order Taboo, which I hear is a little different, but pretty good. And then there's Taboo Gold, which I hear is very good, more of a classic green absinthe.

It may depend on what province you're in, but I believe most of Canada can now also get their hand on La Clandestine, an excellent Swiss absinthe.
Alan
Taboo and La Clandestine both available in Canada at the same place here.
QUOTE(Leareth @ Jan 25 2009, 05:15 PM) *

Costly shipping prices here I come I suppose.

No. Premier ship across Canada at very reasonable prices.
G&C
Premier ship across Canada

Land yacht?
Alan
No. On the M/Y Absinthe of course.
Green Baron
Wow, 250ml Clandestine. Very cool.

And then there's the M/Y Absinthe at $16,900,000.

A drink for every budget.
AxeSlinger
Wow thanks guys… I'm from canada and I had no idea that Clandestine was available at all. I just ordered a few bottles of Taboo gold, but I may have to shell out for a bottle of this too! Should the rest of my student loan go towards textbooks or absinthe?
Alan
Can you download the books?
Patlow
The fact that you are even questioning it is a very good sign. Cheers!
AxeSlinger
I think the real question is: how much work will I get done, with or without books, if I have that much tasty absinthe to drink?

In any case, the clandestine would be my first la bleue, so I'll probably spring for the 250ml bottle at least.
Provenance
Nice to know that CLB is available in single-serving bottles.
G&C
For those that care to, I suppose.
Provenance
Well, yes. There are those for whom quantity is all that matters.

Leareth
Green Baron: Thank you very much for the information on La Clandestine, it's quite affordable! As soon as I finish my bottle of Absente, (yes I bought it, you may all point and laugh now) I believe I will try it. On a note, Absente is a decent facsimile of absinthe, though a tad sweet, it even comes with a absinthe spoon. >.< I of course only found this out AFTER I bad bought one for 35$
Leareth
By the by, is there a specific toast one is supposed to use when drinking absinthe?
Green Baron
No problem, this place saved me from buying some eastern European fakesinthe, and if you could choke that stuff down, I think you'll find the real stuff amazing.

Clandestine is one of the very best blanche absinthes on the market. And if you have the budget and inclination, I think you'll find the Taboo series a nice next step.

As far as an absinthe specific toast, Cheers, Prost , Budem, Salut, Skål, ect., all work just fine. abs-cheers.gif
Patlow
Or sante' since it's French…
Provenance
QUOTE(Leareth @ Jan 27 2009, 07:47 PM) *
By the by, is there a specific toast one is supposed to use when drinking absinthe?

dakini_painter
And it won't be authentic unless you get maple syrup and butter into the glass when you dip your toast in the absinthe. Way more authentic than the fire ritual.
Provenance
Which is why I never ignite French Toast.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jan 28 2009, 03:25 PM) *

Which is why I never ignite Freedom Toast.

synthetic buddhist
Damn. Now I'm hungry for some o'that delicious-lookin' Freedom Toast. Too bad all I have is cold pizza in the fridge…
Green Baron
Cullinary nationalism springs eternal.
synthetic buddhist
I heard that Liberty Cabbage is good at ameliorating the deleterious aftereffects of Freedomsinthe.
Provenance
You win Stompy. I surrender.
Absomphe
Ha! I thought something smelled kinda Vichy.

With a name like Provenance, resistance was futile.

Next time, we'll see how quickly you collaborate.
Provenance
If you will please excuse me, I'm going to scuttle off and eat some stinky cheese while I can.
Shabba53
Yeah. As an avid turophile, that really pisses me off.
Absomphe
I almost read that as 'turdophile', butt now that I see it clearly, I agree.
Absinthesizer
QUOTE(Leareth @ Jan 27 2009, 08:47 PM) *

If you stand in the middle of the street, and say these very loudly in a bad French accent, you are guaranteed to trip balz:

Through the lips and over the gums, look out liver, here it comes

Down the hatch

Argle-bargle

The effect is even stronger if you wear your underwear on the outside. evill.gif
Shabba53
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jan 29 2009, 10:34 AM) *

If you will please excuse me, I'm going to scuttle off and eat some stinky cheese while I can.

This upsets me even more than the cheese.
Absomphe
Guess you'll have to cut back to one a week now, eh, Daddy Warbuxxx? harhar.gif
Tibro
Maybe if we stuff him full of acorns the pig's ass will taste like olive oil and double in price so we can sell him down the river and use our gains to stimulate the economy by buying absinthe.

You like acorns, Shebba?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.