Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I suppose I should do one of these too.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Phoenix
Hi all. Most of you have probably seen me by now on the other forums, but I'll do an intro anyways. (Feel free to derail this thread at anytime.)

For those that don't recognize me, my name's Phoenix (Luke), and I live in Minneapolis (the ghetto). I'm somewhat of a lurker at the WS, and I'm also a drunk pos(t)er over at the LL. I'm a Leo, a Cock (Chinese zodiac), and somewhat drunk right now.

Turn-ons:
Absinthe
Women
Stripey socks

Turn-offs:
Floods
Locusts
Smokers
(Please tell me someone knows who I stole that list of turn-offs from.)

So…….something absinthe related…….I've liked anise all my life. Absinthe was never an acquired taste for me. I fell in love from the first smell, and once I tasted it, I knew this was the drink for me. I've been an absinthe nerd ever since. I also added a bunch of absintheurs on Facebook tonight, so if you get a friend request from a Luke. with a picture of a little kid, that's me.

tl;dr

I like turtles.
synthetic buddhist
ahhh…..turtles. Smokin Monkey.gif

absintheglass-glow2.gif

welkulis!
SocratesGoneMad
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Jan 27 2009, 03:25 AM) *
Turn-offs:
Floods
Locusts
Smokers
(Please tell me someone knows who I stole that list of turn-offs from.)

Miss Deuteronomy. Or the little guy hanging in the tree with Bill Hicks.
What you readin' fer?
Kirk
Hello there.
LeRoy
Hey Luke!
dakini_painter
Hello Minneapolis! Welcome to the forum!
Phoenix
QUOTE(SocratesGoneMad @ Jan 27 2009, 05:46 AM) *

Miss Deuteronomy. Or the little guy hanging in the tree with Bill Hicks.
What you readin' fer?

We have a winner!
rjordan
Hi. Welcome to the forum….blah, blah, blah….

We don't need your permission to derail the thread at any time maggot. If you make it past my island…if you survive ladies, you will be a weapon of mass destruction…you will be a killing machine…you will not laugh, you will not cry, I will teach by the numbers…now drop and give me twenty…
(for some reason the elipses turns into a box???)

So there.

gun thug.gif
Provenance
rjordan
I don't know what little cute thing that is supposed to mean but your about to drop and give me twenty too!

gun thug.gif
Provenance
.22?
rjordan
"What we got here is, failure to communitcate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it…well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

gun thug.gif
dakini_painter
Anyone with Phoenix in their name is my friend! chickawow.gif Come back Phoenix!

Mr Jordan, you didn't have to use your own blood to write your post. That pint could have gone to good use in a blood drive.

You can't use my blood either. It's saved for Count Dracula, or the cute ones in Twilight.
rjordan
Aww, Phoenix'll come back. He's been hanging around the Lounge and hasn't been shooed off yet. So I think he'll stick. And don't you guys get any kind of jokes or horseplay? That is a schtick from Full Metal Jacket where the drill sgt is welcoming the recruits to the island. Man, you guys don't know how to have any fun with the new guys anymore. Sheesh, I'm going back into my cave. I'll just come out and shake my fists angrily into the air every once in a while. I remember when this place used to be fun.

gun thug.gif
G&C
Then we were disbanded.
Phoenix
I'm still here, and I also love Full Metal Jacket.

DP - Thanks, and I'm glad to hear/read that your distillery will have a chance to stand on it's own two feet before the government screwed any chance of that by taking their sweet time.
dakini_painter
I haven't had a tv since 1980. I almost never go to the movies either. Maybe once every 5 years.

So yes, if it's a reference to any kind of popular culture I won't get it.

You make my bunnies cry, rj. So think of the bunnies! After all, it's their planet too. heart.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(G&C @ Jan 28 2009, 06:13 AM) *

Then we were disbanded.

Ha!

and…

Indeed™.
synthetic buddhist
C'mon, Elwood! We're gonna get the band back together!

Damn that Night Train's a mean wine…
Patlow
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Jan 28 2009, 02:56 PM) *

I haven't had a tv since 1980. I almost never go to the movies either. Maybe once every 5 years.

So yes, if it's a reference to any kind of popular culture I won't get it.

You make my bunnies cry, rj. So think of the bunnies! After all, it's their planet too. heart.gif

Ok.
rjordan
I ain't even talking 'bout no Nostrils. I'm talking 'bout all the Mafia and the general old coots around these parts. They used to keep the place on its toes.

And I've eaten rabbit. It's pretty good. It's been a while though. I do like bunnies, but I'm more of a dog man myself.

And the Blues Brothers is my favoritest movie of all time ever period.

Also, I think that DP was speaking to me Patlow but if you wish to get an ok in here and there that's all right with me. Because I would've said the same thing in this particular situation.

gun thug.gif
OCvertDe
We're still on our toes for the most part. I always peak around the corner before posting.

I love rabbit. Never ate dog, but I'm a meat guy and would probably like it. What? Oh, never mind.

Blues Brothers FTW!

OK pretty much sums it up too.
Absomphe
QUOTE(rjordan @ Jan 29 2009, 09:21 PM) *

And I've eaten rabbit. It's pretty good. It's been a while though. I do like bunnies, but I'm more of a dog man myself.

Find many of those on your route, do you?

How, exactly, do you prepare them, Chef?

Enquiring minds wanna know.
Grim
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Jan 27 2009, 01:25 AM) *

Turn-ons:
Absinthe
Women
Stripey socks

You motherfucker. Get out of my brain.
Tibro
I never realized "stripey socks" was a euphemism for "pugs."
thegreenimp
QUOTE(rjordan @ Jan 29 2009, 11:21 PM) *
I'm talking 'bout all the Mafia and the general old coots around these parts. They used to keep the place on its toes.

Some of us are real busy.

At least you didn't have Grimmy fall asleep on you . harhar.gif
Patlow
(AKA) Internet date rape.
rjordan
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jan 30 2009, 08:53 AM) *

Find many of those on your route, do you?

No, mostly roadkill.

gun thug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.