Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kallnach in the NYT
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Wild Bill Turkey
Kallnach in the NYT
OCvertDe
The name Kallnach has become well known, he said, thanks to the success of a superpremium absinthe developed with Mr. Manson.

IPB Image
Donnie Darko
Well, there's certainly been worse articles in the Times about absinthe. FWIW at least Mansinthe isn't a bad absinthe. It's goofy and a somehwat thin tasting, but at least you can taste decent wormwood.
Lord Stanley
It began in 2005, after Switzerland, following the example of the United States and many countries in Europe, legalized the production of absinthe.

Ummm…I don't think so.
Absomphe
Good call, LS.

Send 'im to the penalty box, eh!
Steyr850
The label resembles Oliver in that picture.
Patlow
This makes me want to revisit some Swiss absinthes gathering dust.
Doctor Love

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 29 2009, 06:50 AM) *

Well, there's certainly been worse articles in the Times about absinthe. FWIW at least Mansinthe isn't a bad absinthe. It's goofy and a somehwat thin tasting, but at least you can taste decent wormwood.

Agreed, though it's despite MM's involvement of course, not because of it. I like every Matter absinthe I've had, perhaps not my favorite but variety is the spice of life. And I have another one of those little white ceramic jugs of asskicking goodness on the way!
Phoenix
QUOTE(Steyr850 @ Jan 30 2009, 12:03 PM) *

IIRC, it's supposed to be William S. Burroughs. You're right though, it does resemble Oliver a bit.
sixela
It doesn't Matter.
Phoenix
I see what you did there.
speedle
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Jan 31 2009, 12:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Steyr850 @ Jan 30 2009, 12:03 PM) *

IIRC, it's supposed to be William S. Burroughs. You're right though, it does resemble Oliver a bit.

I thought it was supposed to be a self portrait of MM in old age.
Patlow
That is correct.
Shabba53
QUOTE(speedle @ Feb 2 2009, 01:02 PM) *

I thought it was supposed to be a self portrait of MM in old age.

Yup.
Phoenix
And so it is.

I could have sworn a long time ago I read about that painting being of Burroughs. The best I can find now is this:

I have a photo of William Burroughs hanging in my hallway that looks a bit like that. I looked at it one day and thought, 'If I could do all the things that he did and still look like that when I get old, I'd be real happy.' So when I was painting it, I was drinking absinthe, which I often do, and I dipped a brush in the wrong bowl, in my drink, and that's when I discovered what a great stain absinthe makes on the paper.

and better yet:

This is kind of William S. Burroughs-inspired, but it's kind of how I see myself when I'm old, if I get there.

Speedle = 1
Phoenix = 0
Absinthia
IPB Image
Absomphe
Anyone who could ingest all the poisons he did, and live to the age of 81 is certainly worthy of inspiration.
Kirk
Allen Town and the move must have been rough on him.
Absomphe
Ha!
Patlow
I read somewhere once that the painting MM did was inspired by that portrait. So… Good find there Absinthia, and touche!

abs-cheers.gif
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 3 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Yeah, but that's nothing a little ol shooting the apple off the ex-wife's head won't fix.
Tibro
I was wondering how he escaped the 'gators' jaws. Academically speaking.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 3 2009, 07:56 AM) *

Nothing a good lawn mowing won't fix.
Click to view attachment
Steyr850
I figgered he'd have snagged a new fangled one from Barry.
speedle
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 3 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Double Ha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.