Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hellow
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
JGK
Hi,

I'm glad to be joining you all. Jim here from the frozen state of North Dakota. I have enjoyed only Lucid up to now but I'm planning an expidition to the shop here which has Pernod **01 and St George as well.

I'm just not sure but as we are moving my treat tonight will be to enjoy something tasty and green while listening to something good coming from my vintage tube amp. personally it might be "Whiskey in the Jar" but I guess we will have to see.

Jim absintheglass-glow2.gif

MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(JGK @ Jan 31 2009, 02:30 PM) *
enjoyed … Lucid

Click to view attachment

Welcome, Jim.

There are FAR better choices to be had than those. I suggest you look at the reviews section, and then see how you can acquire some.

Other than that, I enjoyed the humor of the oxymoronic juxtaposition of 'enjoy' and 'Lucid' in the same sentence.

---Tish looking-up.gif

By the way, I am a total cuddlehead and I've never been mean to anyone on this forum ever.

Absomphe
Click to view attachment
Wild Bill Turkey
Welcome back, JMF, missed you round here.
So you found a shop that's selling PF 1901 in the US?
Prolly they're just taping old labels onto Mansinthe bottles…
smiley
QUOTE(MrsAbsomphe @ Jan 31 2009, 09:43 PM) *

By the way, I am a total cuddlehead and I've never been mean to anyone on this forum ever.

Oh yes, miss sunshine and rainbows and unicorns. The kittens are a ruse. Respectable though.

Walk softly, but carry a big stick.
G&C
Like you have a clue.
JGK

Welcome back, JMF, missed you round here.

Who is "JMF"

Ya just sucks to be limited by the local booz sellers selection, at least it's not green devil.

Jim
JGK

Like you have a clue

You have anything else that you can type?

JGK
QUOTE(smiley @ Jan 31 2009, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(MrsAbsomphe @ Jan 31 2009, 09:43 PM) *

Oh yes, miss sunshine and rainbows and unicorns. The kittens are a ruse. Respectable though.

Walk softly, but carry a big stick.

Sticks are ungainly, and obvious, unless you have the age to lean on one.

I'll probably be OK.
G&C
I was talking to smiley, Dumass™.
smiley
Paging Gyne&Cologist, got anything else to say to me other than "have a clue, dumass" or "get a clue" or "™"?

Maybe you're the one who's so clueless, you've become your own trademark, trapped in your own hellish and fermented social ethic.

Come back when you've got new material, wash-up.

Tibro
Another one of Smiley's piles, proving once again, that you just don't have a fucking clue what-so-ever. Skat, man.
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Feb 1 2009, 10:06 AM) *
…got anything else to say to me other than "have a clue, dumass" or "get a clue" or "™"?

Perhaps when you actually got the message it would be superfluous. Until then, get a clue, dumass™.

QUOTE(smiley @ Feb 1 2009, 10:06 AM) *
Come back when you've got new material, wash-up.

Holy dumbfuckery, you prototype for a microphallus.

The only advice I can offer:

Click to view attachment That is, until you learn some manners, boy.

---Tish looking-up.gif
smiley
Get the message? What fucking message? As far as I can tell, you three enjoy leading nOObs in circles, dropping vague, ambiguous, and intellectually-loaded clues, that don't really lead anywhere, or mean anything.

The only message I can decipher is that I'm playing right into your hands. Is this the big secret? I'm glad I could be the entertainment for tonight.

Feel free to enlighten me, really, but its quite perspicuous that you guys are full of air; and you're all stale, its really getting repetitive.

And manners? 8 posts ago, I tried to complement you, and now you're here to spit on my cupcake. Furthermore, I'm sure JGK is thankful to the three of you for turning his welcome mat into a makeshift toilet. How's that for manners?

Anyways, I'm just going to close my eyes, hold my breath, count to 10, and hope you guys disappear.

Buh-bye:)
Phoenix
QUOTE(smiley @ Feb 1 2009, 05:49 PM) *

Get the message? What fucking message?

Now you're just trolling.
Absomphe
QUOTE(smiley @ Feb 1 2009, 03:49 PM) *

Anyways, I'm just going to close my eyes, hold my breath, count to 10, and hope you guys disappear.

The effort won't be any more successful for you, but just for shits 'n giggles, could you make that 1000?
Phoenix
Not enough fingers and toes for that.
Kirk
I'm just going to close my eyes, hold my breath, count to 10, and hope you guys disappear.

Should be a little X in the upper right hand corner that will take care of that , for us .
Just a warning though , we'll still be here .
sixela
QUOTE(smiley @ Feb 2 2009, 12:49 AM) *

Get the message? What fucking message? As far as I can tell, you three enjoy leading nOObs in circles, dropping vague, ambiguous, and intellectually-loaded clues, that don't really lead anywhere, or mean anything.

And hurling insults back is going to change that how, exactly?
Kirk
It's missing the intellectually loaded clues.
dakini_painter
JMF refers to JMFranc. There are many reasons people here (and other forums too) have a low opinion of him. Usually relating to a lack of honesty. Search "JMFranc" and I'm sure you'll find more than you want to know.

JGK, sorry that you live in ND. There's going to be limited choices, and if Lucid is the best that's available, you make do. Good luck. The WA and OR seem to have a better selection, and if a road trip is possible that might be worthwhile in the future.
synthetic buddhist
Welcome to the Forum. I am tardy and have no social skills, so happy birthday!

QUOTE(MrsAbsomphe @ Jan 31 2009, 06:43 PM) *

I don't know you but you make my day happy.

QUOTE(smiley @ Feb 1 2009, 03:49 PM) *

And manners? 8 posts ago, I tried to complement you, and now you're here to spit on my cupcake. Furthermore, I'm sure JGK is thankful to the three of you for turning his welcome mat into a makeshift toilet. How's that for manners?

Hope Springs Eternal. cdog-plain.gif

JGK
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ Feb 2 2009, 08:34 AM) *

JMF refers to JMFranc. There are many reasons people here (and other forums too) have a low opinion of him. Usually relating to a lack of honesty. Search "JMFranc" and I'm sure you'll find more than you want to know.

I see…

JGK, sorry that you live in ND. There's going to be limited choices, and if Lucid is the best that's available, you make do. Good luck. The WA and OR seem to have a better selection, and if a road trip is possible that might be worthwhile in the future.

The costs seem to have a better selection of everything, except sub 0 temp and space. I may need to see about having some better absinthe sent to me.

Jim
synthetic buddhist
….so the Bear looks at the Rabbit and asks, "have you ever had a problem with shit sticking to your fur?
G&C
"Only after I find myself sitting in it." She said.
rjordan
Hey, you guys that just got here "yesterday"…stop fucking with the people that have been here since like '03. We've been doing this a long time and have many inside and outside and upside and downside jokes. If we crack a few at your new expense then just take it in stride and join in the fun. Maybe someday you'll understand what the hell we're talking about if you stick around long enough. You just walked into our bar. And I say "our" because we've been around here long enough. So get used to the jokes, try to garner an understanding and don't fuck with those members that you see have an '03 or '04 join date by their name unless you want to be dogpiled by the townie bar regulars. Come on in and enjoy yourselves but maintain some goddamn respect for the establishment. I'll go back to smoking my cigarette and holding my glass at a slight angle barely keeping the liquid from spilling out of it leaning against the wall in the corner now. Thank you.

gun thug.gif
dakini_painter
I believe that;s an invitation to join rj in a drink. Don't mind of I do.
Absomphe
Dat speech brought a tear to my eyehole, Bruddah. chickawow.gif
synthetic buddhist
…and a hurtin' on mah tailhole. w00t2.gif
Absomphe
Didn't you archive enough warnings 'bout The Cuff to avoid that predicament? harhar.gif
rjordan
Anytime DP. You seem to get it. If I spill my drink a little though I'm sorry. I'm kinda drunk 'cause I been drinking around here for a long time. I'll try not to puke whilst holding a drink standing there in the middle of the bar and then take a sip of my beer to wash out the puke taste in my mouth. (Which by the way may or may not have happened in real life once.)

And I know what ya mean Abs.

Maybe we'll have to bring back the old Cuff threads for posterity. Ha!

gun thug.gif
synthetic buddhist
Jeez, a guy gets one haircut and he pays for it the rest of his life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.