Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marie-Claude Delahaye interview (audio)
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Steve
I had not seen this before from August 2008. An amusing interview with Marie-Claude Delahaye (in French because, as those who have met her know, she does not speak any English). It was entertaining until the last part when she talked about the "haut taux de thuyone dans l'absinthe de l'époque" and about how she developed her wonderful recipe for La Fée. She talks about getting a letter from Francis Ford Coppola asking to borrow her "feuille d'absinthe" spoon for the movie "Dracula".

Alan
"Pour ceux qui parle français"

Sixela may wish to comment.
Steve
Okay, "pour ceux qui parlent français". I guess you can't edit the title.
Steve
I'm sure Alan will be interested in how MCD pronounces "Van Gogh".
Patlow
Like Diane Keaton in Manhattan?
sixela
QUOTE(Spoon @ Feb 11 2009, 10:03 PM) *

I'm sure Alan will be interested in how MCD pronounces "Van Gogh".

Wrongly. Just like they didn't know how to pronounce the Dutch word for "lemon" (which caused Citroën to ultimately be spelled with an extra diaeresis¹).

--
¹The Citroen family moved to Paris from Amsterdam in 1873. Upon arrival, the diaeresis was added to the name, changing Citroen to Citroën (a grandfather had sold lemons, and had changed the consequent name Limoenman 'lemon man' to Citroen 'lemon'.)

Interestingly, the Dutch then started to pronounce Citroën without the end "n" because it "sounded more French" (read: sophisticated) when talking about the great DS and CX cars. By the way, a bunch of them have DS cars and none of them understand the obvious pun in the name.

Marc
So, the poll is :
1 - Sixela is drunk again and he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
2 - Sixela needs to drink more because he's lost in the 4th dimension

Your bet?
absinthist
Always bet on number six?
sixela
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Feb 12 2009, 12:12 AM) *

So, the poll is :
1 - Sixela is drunk again and he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
2 - Sixela needs to drink more because he's lost in the 4th dimension

Your bet?

2. It was ages since I'd written something with an overly long footnote, and it was itching; going from a Dutch lemonseller to the Goddess of Cars in two paragraphs…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.