Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New "Devil" fountain from Frenchman
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Marc
Sold on eBay.

dakini_painter
I'm sure the marketing folks thought the witch hunts were funny too.
Provenance
No, only the punishments.

The hunts themselves are were serious business.
Tibro
I'm waiting for the fountain with the Peugeot lion welded on it somewhere. Actually, I'd prefer one with the Mack bulldog, but that wouldn't be original, would it?
sixela
Don't push your luck.

Knowing Phil, you'll get one with a Dassault Aviation Rafale, one with a Peugeot lion, and one with a Marianne (complete with Phrygian cap and tricolor cockade).

I don't know about Citroën chevrons - after all, his ancestors came from the Netherlands.
Donnie Darko
I say we turn it up a notch and put breasts on it instead of spigots.
Absomphe
chickawow.gif
Tibro
Korova Absinthe Bar
Donnie Darko
I wish. There actually used to be a bar in the East Village called Korova Bar that was done up like the one in Clockwork. Kind of a lame crowd though, not sure if it's still there.
Patlow
I remember that place! 13th and 1st, I believe… Ah.. the 90's!
scuto
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Feb 25 2009, 04:23 PM) *

I wish. There actually used to be a bar in the East Village called Korova Bar that was done up like the one in Clockwork. Kind of a lame crowd though, not sure if it's still there.

Yes, lame. I played there once with some emusic friends in the early '00s, and it felt like a joke. I forget which of my friends chose it as a venue in the first place. Never been back.
Kirk
Speaking of fountains, the first Frenchman fountains I saw had a threaded nipple to pull the valve down into the valve body snuggly. The new fountains I've seen from him just have a disc on the bottom of the valve, like the head of a rivet, a piece of wire is slipped around this and is the only thing that holds the valve in it's hole.
You can't snug it up at all. Is this how he does all the fountains now?
I really think there should be a spring loaded into it to keep the valve positively pulled down into the hole.
Funky D
I have one of the newer stainless steel fountains; I believe it's a Frenchman fountain (bought from La Maison d'Absinthe). The wire on mine is coiled like a spring, so it does pull the valve downward. One of the valves leaks a tiny bit (maybe a drop every other minute)… I'm sure this could be remedied with some food grade lubricant, but I'm afraid if I pull one of those wires off I won't be able to get it back on.

Maybe there were problems with the threads stripping? The wire seems to work… I haven't tried pushing down on the valve to stop the leaking, but I'm thinking the leak is caused by a tiny gap in the metal that only some lube will fix.
Screwtape
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Feb 25 2009, 04:23 PM) *

I was there once. They were playing the Paris Hilton sex tape on the monitors. So yeah, unimpressive all around.
Patlow
I had a girl throw up on me once there. That about summed up my visit.
Donnie Darko
I hope you at least returned the favor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.