Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tempus Fugit Spirits Girl
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
pierreverte
http://www.absinthetools.com/posters
Steve
She's beautiful, and I agree with whoever said it would be a great tattoo! That reminds me, I have to peruse the promotional piece you guys gave me. Really slick.
Grim
Looks slick. Who's the artist?
The Standard Deviant
It has a certain American character as well (I mean that in a good way).

. . .and well done on the site!
crosby
Very nice!
Donnie Darko
Link went broke.
Steve
The whole site seems to be down. I emailed John to let him know.
Steve
It's working again.
Donnie Darko
Yay redheads. Yay wormwood. Excellent poster.
Absomphe
What he said.
Steve
QUOTE(Grim @ Feb 28 2009, 12:20 PM) *

Who's the artist?

On the promotional thingy I have for bars/liquor stores, below this picture it says:
Artwork created exclusively for Tempus Fugit Spirits by graphic artist, Robert Rodriguez. Copyright 2008
Gertz
More of his work here. He seems to have some of that Golden Age-illustration touch. Nice to see.
Donnie Darko
Definitely AM Cassandre inspired. Nice to see he's keeping the style alive. My favorite Pernod Fils poster is actually a post-ban Cassandre PF Pastis poster. This Rodriguez guy has skillz.

Here's Cassandre's:
IPB Image

Here's his:
IPB Image
Wild Bill Turkey
Also able to pull off a little of the Leyendecker look

J.C. Leyendecker:
IPB Image

R-Rod:
IPB Image
speedle
That is really a kick ass poster. It manages to walk the fine line between looking new and old, while being fresh at the same time. And green besides.
Rimbaud
I'd lick her arse.

Cassandre was awesome. Too bad about the suicide.
Kirk
Go figure.
Doctor Love

Some of his stuff has an Art Deco feel to it, I like
Kirk
You say you sense a slight note of Art Deco , a little Craftsman feel to it eh? I didn't know you were an aesthete.
Doctor Love
Nothing that sophisticated I'm afraid. But I do have opinions on what art I like, I've got one of my favorite Muchas on the wall of my office in a similar vein…
IPB Image

I worked in an art gallery for awhile when I was young, unfortunately our biggest sellers were crap (Thomas Kinkade) but it still provided an opportunity to discover all what I liked and did not.
synthetic buddhist
Sounds familiar, we sold different brands of crap with the occasional Chagall thrown in. It helped me develop a reasonable color sense, and deal with nervous people with literally no ability to visualize. Very similar to what I do now, but now the customers pay me directly and I get to hurt them. Win-win. w00t2.gif
Kirk
If I send you a fabric swatch from my sofa do think you could find me a decent painting ?
Wild Bill Turkey
I like to pick art at random and repaint my sofa to match.
synthetic buddhist
QUOTE(Kirk @ Mar 13 2009, 05:37 PM) *

If I send you a fabric swatch from my sofa do think you could find me a decent painting ?

Oh, even better, I've gotten frantic phone calls from strangers asking me what would look good in a room I've never been in. Honey, that big rock on your finger is no match for the rocks in your head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.